Aesop Dual scalp cleanser

Aesop Dual scalp cleanser

3.2

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

What a nightmare this product was. I felt pleased with it at first until my hair and scalp started getting worse. Even my next door neighbour who is in his 70's asked me what I had done to my hair saying that it looked messy and it didn't have the sheen it usually has. He asked me if I was using a different shampoo and it fact it was this.

Although this range of products is implied to be natural it contains the harsh detergent SODIUM LAURETH SULPHATE. For someone sensitive like me it meant that my scalp became itchy and flaky and so did parts of my skin where the shampoo touched like my forehead, chest, back and shoulders and some of my arms.

There are way better shampoos for this excessive price

on 11/11/2006 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shampoo works wonderfully for my oily scalp and thick hair. Living in the tropics certainly isn't a boon for those with oily hair so this shampoo is quite a lifesaver. After a wash, my hair feels so soft and light. The shampoo cleans well and doesn't leave any residue. The smell of this shampoo is simply divine. I actually look forward to using it everyday. The only downside is the price - it's way too expensive to buy it locally. I've manage to get a friend to buy mine in Australia. I'm taking one lippy of my HG shampoo because of its hefty price tag.

on 10/24/2006 8:34:00 PM

I have oily hair (oily scalp/roots but dryish coarse ends) and the SA suggested I use this to get rid of the buildup. Although I only use this once a week I honestly think its still way too harsh even for my standards! My hair just feels straw-like and stripped of all moisture after each wash...it's quite a fine balancing act to get rid of residue without stripping and this is on one extreme.

Been using this for almost a month now....before using this, my hair was REALLY gross, as soon as i woke up, my hair was really really greasy..i had been using a supermarket brand shampoo all my life but i switched to a new anti-frizz line 3 months ago and it has really made my hair really oily.

I got a few samples from aesop before buying the product and after a few times, my hair condition definately improved. Now my hair is heaps better, less oily and its become ok to wash my hair every 2 days instead of everyday. The product is a bit pricey...that's the only downside...but i only use around a 10 cent portion everytime, with only 1 wash/rinse...so i guess that's alright.

Im using this in conjunction with the aesop conditioner and it makes my hair feel so smooth and soft!!!

Recommend esp for people with oily scalps but definately get some samples from them before buying the products!

Product Description:Non-drying, deep cleansing shampoo for oilier scalps. For those with oilier or combination scalps, the daily task of scalp and hair cleansing takes its toll on the hair and a shampoo which will cleanse effectively, without over drying, is required. This medium foaming formulation contains sebum balancing botanicals to deodorise and cleanse the scalp without stripping dry the hair itself.

Damage: AUD$19.50 = 200ml, AUD$39.90 = 500ml

On Me: I always had the problem where if i dont wash my hair every day, the next day my hair starts to feel & look very greasy & smell slightly. sa recommended this to use & to wash on alternate days. This helps a little. I dont feel my hair is so greasy that I cant bear to let it touch my face so my hair isnt tied up (which is what i do if i dont wash my hair for a day). However, my hair still does have the greasy look, but it doesnt look like i havent wash my hair for 3-5 days kind of greasy look...i personally feel its a little stripping on the hair. But best part of this product is the smell. With this, the smell of my one day old hair isnt that bad! You actually gets wiffs of lavendar!!Dont really like the glass bottle- have to be so careful! Plus i think its expensive. AUD$19.90 = SGD$26 for 200ml...i can buy shampoos for SGD$9.90 for 500ml!

Ingredients: Water (Aqua),Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteein, Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Proplene Glycol, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil. continued >>