Laura Mercier Bare Lips

Laura Mercier Bare Lips

4.2

on 4/28/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It took me awhile to appreciate this lipstick, but now I won't be without it. I read all kinds of glowing reviews before purchasing and it sounded just perfect for me. I have trouble finding lipsticks that don't overwhelm my face. I have very pale, thin lips, so anything too dark is a no-no. Glosses are great, but sometimes you want a different look. I took the plunge and purchased online through Sephora's website because my local store did not have it in stock. When I first applied it, I was surprised at how opaque it is -- it's not as heavy/thick as a standard lipstick, but it's not really sheer either. I really wasn't sure it would work for me. However, Bare Lips is a very flattering, natural-looking color. It shows up as a warmer shade on me. which is good since I'm a warm/neutral blonde. It lasts for quite awhile and fades beautifully. The consistency is wonderful...it feels light, but it stays put. It has become a staple in my everyday makeup bag.

I had been searching for a replacement for Stila's Ava lipstick that was discontinued. Although this isn't really a match, it is the best I could find. It is more pink-ish and more matte than Ava which was more red-based and more glossy. Bare Lips is described by Laura Mercier as "sheer" which it is not. It is very definitely a lipstick not a lip gloss. What I like about it is it is natural looking and appropriate for work. It is also very moisturizing. I still think Ava was more flattering for me because it was complementary to my green eyes and the underlying pink tone of Bare Lips is not. However I would recommend Bare Lips for any fair skinned, blonde women.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/21/2016 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mom gave me this last year when I was testing lip colors for wedding makeup and while it wasn't quite right for my big day, it did peak my interest as a YLBB sorta shade, but somehow it ended up in my lesser-used/cast-off makeup drawer until a couple days ago. Obviously based on my rating I'm really digging this.

This product goes on creamy and balmy-thick and the color is natural but instantly brightens my face. Before trying this, I was using Fresh Sugar balm in Petal, which is a gorgeous nude pink but the texture was too greasy and the smell was too artificial citrusy floral. I don't mind the vanilla smell of the Laura Mercier, it doesn't linger too long. I will definitely repurchase when I run out of this, and I'm happy to shell out the extra money for a product that truly delivers.

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

GORGEOUS MLBB for those of us over 50 who want a more natural, yet pulled-together, not boring look. Just enough pink/rose/brown to look pretty/sophisticated. Absolutely love this as my everyday lipcolor. Hope it isn't discontinued anytime soon!

on 7/19/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love LM products.

This Bare Lips is more of a lip balm, or lip gloss in a tube, than a lip stick. It swatches a rosy color on my wrist, but does pull more purple on my lips.

It feels good but wears off fast.

Does not give definition, bleeds need a pencil at my age

Way too expensive for a lip balm, i can buy one at the drugstore really cheap

on 2/19/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Bare Lips looked great in the store but in some lights it looks a little pale on me - my lips are quite pigmented and against my NC40/BB Warm Natural skin it looks sheer salmon pink. I don't use it too often for that reason but when I do, I absolutely love the texture which deserves the 5 stars I've given.
This lipstick's for you if you find regular lipsticks drying but love the comfort of a tube gloss/balm. The formula is rich, creamy and hydrating and just makes my lips look and feel lush.
I would buy this lipstick again in a different shade, for the texture alone.

on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have fairly pale lips (& pale skin). When I apply this over lip balm, it does give me a nice MLBB color. On its own, its a bit too red but I blame my natural lipcolor for that. lol. I also feel like its slightly drying on its own. I like it enough to keep but not enough to repurchase

on 1/22/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

$20 is more than I'd usually pay for a lipstick, but I've tried and failed to find a perfect MLBB lipstick at the drugstore. Bare Lips happens to be the exact color of my lips, and it's sheer enough to look totally natural. No, the lasting power isn't great, and you do have to reapply after eating or drinking. But come on: it's a sheer lipstick. The one obvious drawback is the strong cotton-candy smell, but I got used to it pretty quickly, and now I barely notice it. Otherwise, I adore this lipstick. And I use it almost every day, which to my mind justifies the price.

on 12/30/2010 9:20:00 AM

It's a sheer pinky-beige MLBB shade (I'm NC20, pale lips). The finish is similar to MAC lustre lipsticks - sheer and slightly glossy, very natural. A close dupe would be MAC Hug Me. It's moisturizing and has a yummy vanilla scent. Perfect!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a lovely natural looking pinky beige - the colour of healthy flushed lips, It's sheer but pigmented. If you've ever tried Chanel glossimer in Praline this is like the lipstick version, though less glossy, less sticky and longer lasting. I wasn't sure about the almond smell at first but it disappears quickly. If you want an easy natural but polished look this product is idiot proof grooming at it's best.