Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter eyeliner (All)

Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter eyeliner (All)

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a tube of Midnight Cowboy in a Sephora Favorites box and oh my god. I wasn't expecting to LOVE it! But it's beautiful! It's a gold sparkle in a clear gel. It goes on pretty good, if it's a little patchy you can just go over it with another swipe and you are good to go!

The amazing thing about this product is that it stays and stays and stays. Once it dries down it is not budging. I seriously wore this all day and then tried smudging it off my eye at the end of the day, and my normal black eyeliner smeared off, but the Heavy Metal glitter hardly moved at all! I was so blown away! Check the end of my video to witness. I am totally going to try other colours. I am so happy with this.

on 9/14/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is absolutely fantastic. I love drawing a thin line on top of my black liner for an amazing bright sparkle that takes any look to the next level. I bought my first one this week in gold and I can't get enough of it.

Pros:
Longevity, will last you the whole day and and even night until you take it off;
Glitter stays in 100% place, doesn't move and doesn't try to take over your life by moving into your apartment when you weren't paying attention;
Can be used as liner and as glitter on lid;

Cons:
Obviously AUD$33 for a glitter liner is a little absurd;
Drying time is on the slow side;
Burns the lid as its drying a little bit; and
Brush is nothing to be excited about and the glitter deposit is quite uneven, but eventually you'll get there and none of the cons come close to that hot hot hot sparkly lid you got going on.

on 8/16/2016 6:41:00 PM

Letting me sparkle in an age appropriate fashion! I have loved this stuff long time.

It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and it's so versatile- you can be tres subtle, with just a tiny dab in the middle of top and bottom lash line (very pretty and wakes up your whole face) or go full glam trash and layer loads over kohl.

One tube lasts years and all the colours are wearable, though Midnight Cowboy is my all time love. It stays where you put it and doesn't hurt to remove.

I've tried (many!) others but this is my one true love.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE! I only have one and it is in the shade Glam Rock but I love it so much. When you first apply it, only a very thin layer with minimal glitter will come out but I think that that is a good thing. You can start of with less and then build it up to have a very dramatic and glittery colour pay off. It will also stay on for hours! I love this product and will definitely be re-purchasing and hopefully buy more colours!

I have this liner in AC/DC, which is the purple one. Love this, I do a little cat eye with it for night's out, so pretty. Sometimes I layer it over the UD liner in Vice. Would repurchase and can't wait to try the other colors.

I absolutely love this eyeliner. It sparkles beautifully and lasts all day. Highly recommend this product.

on 12/8/2012 1:50:00 PM

I bought 3 of these a while back and they were such a waste of money. I generally like Urban Decay products and I thought these would be really fun to try out, but I found these very difficult to work with.
I bought Air Guitar (turquoise-y blue), Catfight (bright pink), and Metal Head (medium bright purple). The colors looked great in the tube, but it wasn't until I got them home and tried them out that I realized these are a clear base with colored glitter, not a colored base with added glitter. That was my fault, but I figured they would still work well.
Nope. The brush is very thin and flimsy and does not pick up enough product. The product it does pick up is not evenly distributed on the brush, so when you swipe it on your eye it's very patchy. If I try to immediately add another layer of liner to even out the patchiness, it just spreads the glitter around because the liner is still too wet. Basically, I have to apply one patchy coat, wait 5+ minutes for it to completely dry, apply another coat, wait for that to dry, etc. until the glitter is in an even line. This generally takes 3-6 coats, which is way more than I have time for. Also, since the base is clear, these are never really completely opaque. I have to layer these over either a white eyeliner or a liner in a similar color. Alone or even over shadow, these just look a little funny.
These take forever to dry out, which is good if you like them, but once they get old they get an awful fishy smell. I guess that's not so bad since you know when to toss them, but it kinda grossed me out the first time I noticed it.
I would definitely skip these. I'll admit I often get compliments when I wear these, but they're just way too annoying to work with and definitely not worth the price.

on 5/25/2012 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

In love! I noticed some reviewers mentioned they don't like how 'thin' it turns out but I think that's the best part of it - sometimes you don't want a thick layer of glitter and the fact that it goes on thin really allows me to control how much I want. I bought the silver one, don't remember the name though.

During the day, some sparkles here and there across your eyelid can brighten up your eyes and at night, laying it on thick makes you look so glamorous!

Goes well with any eyeshadow!

on 1/17/2012 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

love my UD glitter liners. of all the brands of glitter liners I've tried at sephora (I work there) UD's my all time favourite. they are extremely shiny and are great for adding a nice pop to any eyeshadow you're wearing. every time I wear it to work I get lots of questions about what I'm wearing on my eyes and ppl always ask about the glitter. I have it in the purple and navy blue (forgot the exact names).

on 10/29/2011 10:59:00 PM

Lovely glitter that is easy to use and go over the lid smoothly. It has the right amount of glitters, not too much. If you want a more dramatic look, you can pile more layers.
I like the glitter as it is long lasting and it doesn't hurt contact len wearer like me.