New York Color Liquid Lip Shine in 'Caroling Cupid'

No Image

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't have this in "Caroling Cupi" but I do have it in "Pink Sands" which works for my pale skin coloring especially if I'm doing a smokey eye and just want a hint of color and shimmery gloss. I've had the bottle so long I had to look it up to get the color name.

on 12/17/2006 7:30:00 PM

Christmas 2004? Oh goodness, I just bought this at big lots because the drug stores near me never have any good LE stuff but who knew i was two christmases behind schedule?? Well this is a shimmery red gloss with a doe foot applicator. weird thing about it is that it has no taste, or rather, chemically plasticky taste. NYC usually is good about the taste of things, namely the kiss glosses which i collect. This one looks nice on, but the taste is blech and its not as long wearing as the KG's. I wouldnt buy again but I will enjoy this tube seeing that it is practically vintage. sigh.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was surprised that I liked this. I normally don't like red glosses or lipstick, but this is a very nice, sheer, glittery, bluish-red color. This was a part of a limited time holiday edition that NYC put out for Christmas 2004.

It was cheap at less than two bucks at Meijer, and it comes in a long plastic tube with a wand applicator. It does have a kind of odd smell...not bad, not terrible, but just different. For the holidays, I'd think they'd make this smell like peppermint or berries or something. I didn't notice a taste...but, again, peppermint would have been nice. It lasts for a couple of hours before you have to reapply. All in all, a decent gloss. continued >>

on 11/21/2004 7:41:00 PM

This is part of a holiday line that includes a pretty blush (Darling Donner) and a shimmering powder puff (Dash'er Dust). Cutsie, huh? But the colors are really beautiful. Both the lippie and the blush (reviewed separately) are a cranberry-wine color. The lippie has sparkles, but is not gritty. It does, however, have that icky plastic-soap taste like some other lip products. It looks so yummy in the tube that I was surprised it tasted bad! Very natural looking, very pretty. Sheer by itself, very nice over a red stain. Took off one lippie for the taste.

Popular Lips Products