MAC Matte - Honeylove

MAC Matte - Honeylove

4.1

on 4/16/2018 3:56:00 PM

One of my favourite lipsticks from MAC and overall! It’s a pale nude colour ( slightly darker than having concealer lips haha!) but it’s flattering when on. Looks great with either spice or subculture lipliner and myth gloss on top ( all from MAC). With it being a matte finish it is drying bare that in mind! If there’s a dupe try it!! Seeing as MAC have increased their lipsticks from £15.50 to £17.50

I really wanted to like this color, but I don’t. I describe it as a caramel beige color. I’m a fan of MAC mattes, but this just applies unevenly and makes my fair skin look garish. It also yellows my teeth more. I honestly only use this to tone down a too dark color. I have no other use for it as I won’t be wearing it by itself. A fail for me.

It's too drying for my liking, wasn't able to make it work on my constantly chapped lips. Even with the balm underneath it looked all crunchy and made me hate myself for a moment. BUT several times I've actually received compliments on my lip color so if only the formula was a little softer.
Pros: nice smell; nice packaging; not very expensive; pretty color; very opaque; good staying power
Cons: dry as hell
If you can pull it off just go with it & I'll be secretly jealous )))

I love Honeylove. I am NC15 and on me, Honeylove is a lovely beige nude which is very flattering on my lips - toning them down a bit but not giving me the dreaded concealer lips or washing me out. It flatters my skin tone well. It is a very natural, but pretty colour. The formula is very comfortable to wear as well, long lasting and matte but not at all drying. It doesn’t sink into lip lines or bleed. It lasts well throughout the day, though will need to be retouched after a full meal. It lasts through a full shift at work easily though. It applies easily, without dragging. The formula is quite creamy for a matte - I consider it consistent with MAC’s other matte formulas. I reach for this a lot, it goes well with a smokey eye or a natural look. This lipstick is well worth a try if you have a fair and warm toned complexion. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am an nc30 gal with strong yellow undertones in my skin. My lips are pretty pigmented already. This shade goes on like a concealer nude. I am a fan of Mac’s matte lipsticks, just not this shade. I wouldn’t repurchase this shade. But if I were to use it up, I would use it to lighten up my darker lipsticks or use in the center of my lips for an ombré effect.

Fave Mac nude: velvet teddy, taupe

on 8/17/2017 7:27:00 PM

Wanted to love this, along with the Subculture lipliner. Hated both. They look orange on me. Awful. Many love this combo but it didn't look good on me at all. Sadly, I will be returning both.

This was one of my favorite lip colors when I was into wearing lighter nudes. On my light olive skin, this looks really beautiful with a dark/ defined eye and strong cheeks. The only problem I have with this is that it can be very drying by the end of the day, and this shade, being lighter, does not layer well.

This is the first MAC lipstick that I really have nothing good to write about regarding the way it looks on me. I really expected to love this color as many people with the same general coloring really rave about this lipstick and I've seen it applied on many in You Tube videos, but alas...it isn't for me. It actually looks like I smeared tan dirt on my lips. Sure...I can load my lips with lip balm or moisturizer, and then a lip primer. After I apply it with a brush, I can then put a lovely silky gloss over it, AND/OR I can line my lips before of after applying lipstick (I've tried both), and it DOES change the color, but not the texture. I always wind up putting a gloss over it or topping it with a lipstick like Politely Pink that's more emolient, but then it looks nothing like the color I purchased. I will be mixing it just to use it up, but really...I love buying lipsticks that look good all on their own. Another thing that turned me off was that the smell isn't as fresh as all my other MAC lipsticks...a little old...It doesn't have as lovely a vanilla scent as all my other (about 15 other) MAC lipsticks, and that's one of the things I really love is that scent. I l adore colors that are close to it...like the Liptensity in Driftwood, and Patisserie (but the former has more lavender in it, and the latter is way shinier with more liveliness. Then there are several colors in other brands that are actually spot-on...almost like Honeylove (like Honeycomb from Bite Beauty) in the tube, but when I put them on...they look great. I just don't see any other color in Honeylove except light brown when applied and I have VERY pigmented rosy lips, and they should show through a little even with a matte lipstick. Also, it really feels dry (even with a lot of moisture underneath), and I've seen reviews that say it isn't dry. MAC has the technology to make their mattes wearable...like other companies and they should feel creamy even though they are matte. And another thing...there's quite a bit of transfer with this lipstick. You wouldn't think that with a matte, but there you are. Also, it really DOES make my teeth look yellow, and I've never had that problem before. Sorry to be so critical and so totally negative I feel bad about that:(...especially because SO MANY women look really good in this lipstick. Just look at the pictures. They all look great in Honeylove. I just DON'T! Boohoo!

Honeylove, where do I begin..

I bought this randomly (along with ruby woo & myth) - I was going on a shopping rampage and literally went crazy at Mac.

For reference, Im an NC40/42. I love this, this is the perfect nude for me, usually when I want to go a little lighter, I'll mix in Myth along with it. I love it so much.

on 12/17/2016 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy water. I'm honestly one that is easy to convince when someone I trust on YouTube says something is good so I'll admit I bought this because my idol Tana Mongeau, who isn't a beauty guru but did a serious called Not A Beauty Guru, recommended. She wears this basically everyday she says and I can see why. The color is absolutely beautiful. At first I thought it'd be too light for my skin tone. I'm not too light but I'm not too dark. However I'm more on the lighter side than on the darker side of my skin tone. And this color is perfect. I love anything matte. I'm not really a fan of glittery whatsoever. And I love this matte lipstick. The lipsticks from Mac smell really good-like vanilla- and even though I am not one to judge an entire product because of its scent, this lipstick's scent is a bonus added to its amazing quality and color. The packaging is great and worth the price.