MAC Matte - Honeylove

MAC Matte - Honeylove

4.1

on 8/17/2017 7:27:00 PM

Wanted to love this, along with the Subculture lipliner. Hated both. They look orange on me. Awful. Many love this combo but it didn't look good on me at all. Sadly, I will be returning both.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was one of my favorite lip colors when I was into wearing lighter nudes. On my light olive skin, this looks really beautiful with a dark/ defined eye and strong cheeks. The only problem I have with this is that it can be very drying by the end of the day, and this shade, being lighter, does not layer well.

This is the first MAC lipstick that I really have nothing good to write about regarding the way it looks on me. I really expected to love this color as many people with the same general coloring really rave about this lipstick and I've seen it applied on many in You Tube videos, but alas...it isn't for me. It actually looks like I smeared tan dirt on my lips. Sure...I can load my lips with lip balm or moisturizer, and then a lip primer. After I apply it with a brush, I can then put a lovely silky gloss over it, AND/OR I can line my lips before of after applying lipstick (I've tried both), and it DOES change the color, but not the texture. I always wind up putting a gloss over it or topping it with a lipstick like Politely Pink that's more emolient, but then it looks nothing like the color I purchased. I will be mixing it just to use it up, but really...I love buying lipsticks that look good all on their own. Another thing that turned me off was that the smell isn't as fresh as all my other MAC lipsticks...a little old...It doesn't have as lovely a vanilla scent as all my other (about 15 other) MAC lipsticks, and that's one of the things I really love is that scent. I l adore colors that are close to it...like the Liptensity in Driftwood, and Patisserie (but the former has more lavender in it, and the latter is way shinier with more liveliness. Then there are several colors in other brands that are actually spot-on...almost like Honeylove (like Honeycomb from Bite Beauty) in the tube, but when I put them on...they look great. I just don't see any other color in Honeylove except light brown when applied and I have VERY pigmented rosy lips, and they should show through a little even with a matte lipstick. Also, it really feels dry (even with a lot of moisture underneath), and I've seen reviews that say it isn't dry. MAC has the technology to make their mattes wearable...like other companies and they should feel creamy even though they are matte. And another thing...there's quite a bit of transfer with this lipstick. You wouldn't think that with a matte, but there you are. Also, it really DOES make my teeth look yellow, and I've never had that problem before. Sorry to be so critical and so totally negative I feel bad about that:(...especially because SO MANY women look really good in this lipstick. Just look at the pictures. They all look great in Honeylove. I just DON'T! Boohoo!

on 5/13/2016 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm NC40 and this lipstick is ridiculously too close to my actual skin color that it seems like I don't have lips. Too bare of a nude, as if I'd been using concealer instead of a lipstick. Sadly wouldn't repurchase as I was sticking onto velvet teddy and bought this just for the sake of trying.

Honeylove, where do I begin..

I bought this randomly (along with ruby woo & myth) - I was going on a shopping rampage and literally went crazy at Mac.

For reference, Im an NC40/42. I love this, this is the perfect nude for me, usually when I want to go a little lighter, I'll mix in Myth along with it. I love it so much.

on 12/17/2016 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy water. I'm honestly one that is easy to convince when someone I trust on YouTube says something is good so I'll admit I bought this because my idol Tana Mongeau, who isn't a beauty guru but did a serious called Not A Beauty Guru, recommended. She wears this basically everyday she says and I can see why. The color is absolutely beautiful. At first I thought it'd be too light for my skin tone. I'm not too light but I'm not too dark. However I'm more on the lighter side than on the darker side of my skin tone. And this color is perfect. I love anything matte. I'm not really a fan of glittery whatsoever. And I love this matte lipstick. The lipsticks from Mac smell really good-like vanilla- and even though I am not one to judge an entire product because of its scent, this lipstick's scent is a bonus added to its amazing quality and color. The packaging is great and worth the price.

on 12/22/2015 6:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I just don't like this lipstick!!! It is sooo pale it makes me look ill .. it comes up a very beigey washed out colour and is so matt that when it wears off a little it leaves a very unattractive ring round the inside of my lips. The colour did nothing for me I looked sickly.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

perfect nude! just a bit to drying on the lips :(

on 12/28/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a really, really nice light nudey-beige. I can't imagine many skin tones that would suit this colour on its own. I'm convinced that Honeylove is one of those colours that is meant to be used either with a slightly darker liner or used with another matte lipstick to make ombre/3D fuller lips.
I use it with taupe and it's my favourite lipstick combination.

This is an ultra drying matte lipstick so you gotta scrub and moisturize your lips 15-20 mins before application.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this lipstick from Mac! I definitely recommend it to anyone that is a "medium" skin tone, looking for the perfect nude lipstick to pair with a dark eye look, or even alone. If you're nervous about the "concealer" look when trying nude lipsticks, and don't want a dead-look, then this is the perfect lipstick color for you! It's gorgeous to wear with pretty much ANY kind of make up look that you'd want to do! It is in a matte finish, which can be a little drying, but that's just the nature of matte lipsticks. All you have to do is just pop on a little bit of chap stick before applying, and you're good to go! The lasting power is pretty fair, I wouldn't say that it is food or kiss proof, but it does hold up pretty well. The smell is also that classic mac lipstick sweet smell, which is always pleasant. Over all, I would recommend to almost anyone, and WILL be re-purchasing when I run out!