Paul Mitchell the Detangler

Paul Mitchell the Detangler

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Isododecane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Daucus Carota Sativa Leaf Extract (Carrot), Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot), Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Grape), Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Orange 4 (CI 15510), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 4/23/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

i bought this thinking it was actually a detangler/leave in. it does do a pretty good job of that. i havent tried it as a rinse out though. if i do have one complaint it would probably be the price

I bought a couple of the smaller sized bottles of the detangler super rich conditioner and I'm so glad I didn't get the bigger bottle. This conditioner sucks. Like others on here I have extremely crazy tangle problems... everytime I wash my hair I am combing forever and even throughout the day if I wear a collar shirt, wind, or sleep I end up with a birds nest...especially on the back of my neck.
I saw this and was like awesome problems solved. But No. This I swear I had to use to the BIGGEST amount, and it didn't do a damn thing anyways. This is awful it's has a pretty decent ingredient list but it's like putting nothing on your hair my hair was so tangled like if I didn't even condition. It didn't do anything if anything it made my hair tangle and look worse and doesn't even smell as good as Paul Mitchell products normally do!!!! I got ripped off buying the small bottle I couldn't get the last remaining product out no mater how hard I shook and tried. How did this even make it on the shelves? It's one of the worst conditioners I've bought. I can not believe how ineffective and unhydrating it was....

To Read all 117 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/4/2015 5:21:00 AM

This is the first conditioner that has allowed me to brush my think hair right out of the shower. And the following morning I can brush threw bed head with no problem. This is well worth the money spent. Will definitely buy again

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I threw this out after trying it out for 2 weeks. The worst is trying to get this product through my hair after shampooing. With a name like 'the Detangler' one would think it would detangle hair as the product is going through the hair. I had to use a wide toothed comb and slowly comb the product through my hair. After rinsing out it weighed my hair down, which wouldn't be that bad of a thing...however when I used hot rollers or a curling iron in the hair, it refused to hold the curl after using this stuff. Change conditioners....problem goes away.

My hair is slightly wavy but super thick. I had better outcomes with Tresemme conditioners or even Aussie Super Moist (and I hated both)

Shame, the shampoo is really decent...this stuff is god awful.

Probably the worst conditioner i've ever used. I love the shampoo from this line, so I thought i'd give this a try. I've been trying different conditioners after getting my black hair bleached blonde. This product left my hair tangled, heavy, and I did not the enjoy the smell. Returned it after one use because the results were so bad.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes yes yes and yes this worked for my dry and thick hair!
This was perfectly rich!
This has a nice fragrance that is not too much like the AG conditioners that smell like cotton candy or gum.
When I rinsed my hair it was very conditioned and it was not weighed down.
I would say this is my HG conditioner after Matrix Wonder Oil conditioner.

I have fine hair with a slight wave in the under layer. I so bad wanted to love Paul mitchell products but this just doesn't work for my hair. It has no moisture, does not detangle, and leaves my hair heavy. The only good thing is the smell. Like a piņa colada!

on 11/5/2014 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

For my post chemo, ( used for autoimmune disease) unruly, curly, fine textured and frizz prone hair this works wonderfully well. It is neither too heavy or not conditioning enough; it rinses out nicely and my hair is much easier to comb through. There is no heavy scent to it- just a basic no frills conditioner without harsh sulfates to strip color or alter the texture.
Finding the right weight conditioner for my hair type has been difficult, but this seems to fit the bill. The amount of frizz is lessened and my curls feel softer and more defined.

This has been my go-to conditioner since quitting sulfates. I like that it has water soluble cones that don't build up with gentle washing methods. It provides excellent slip, doesn't weigh down my waves, and I like the smell. Most recently I bought the GVP version and it's just as good.

Oh! Just a warning, I accidentally bought a counterfeit version at CVS that smelled like crayons and was just awful, so make sure you buy yours from a salon, or the generic version at Sally's.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Awesome conditioner for me! I have thick, chemically straightened hair with roots growing out. Unlike most people, I like sleek, flat straight hair rather than voluminous hair and shy away from products that give my hair any type of volume or lift. This conditioner does the job - my hair is sleeker and shiner and touchably soft. If you have frizzy or curly hair that you want to tame, this conditioner will do the job. As for tangliness, my brush went smoothly through my wet hair, and not a hair came out! This is a heavy conditioner that could weigh thin hair down, so I wouldn't recommend it to people with thin, fine hair.
Great product if you're looking to tame your hair :)