Freeman Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal

Freeman Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal
Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and OatmealPure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and OatmealPure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and OatmealAvocado and Oatmeal Mask

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Tocopherol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Montmorillonite, Disodium Edta, Sodium Polyacrylate (Veegum Ultra), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Freeman's Avocado and Oatmeal mask is my go-to mask. I apply it to my nose area, where my pores are the size of potholes, way more than recommended. I also put the green product on my nose before going to bed and leave it on overnight. I have not experienced any negative effects from doing this, but that may just be me. Freeman's mask has a slight smell, and a green Hulk-like color. I don't see "holy grail" results from this product, but the price point is such that I don't mind using it continuously to get long-term results. I am satisfied with Freeman's mask and recommend it for all skin types.

I've tried avocado mask for deep cleansing by looking at amazon positive reviews. This mask leaves skin feeling really clean and overall does a really great job at hydrating my skin. I have been using twice a week.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I find this somewhat similar to Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. It's super affordable and works really well to draw out impurities when you're having breakouts or inflammation. After rinsing it off, my skin always feels super smooth and clean. I use it 2x/week (if I have time) since I'm pretty sure regular use would dry out my skin. It comes out easily from the tube and spreads/washes off easily. I'd recommend getting it unless you have baseline super dry skin!

on 5/9/2017 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is so- so and I had high hopes for it. Even though my skin is Normal to Dry I was hoping this would be a clay mask I could use since it had Avocado, Oatmeal and Vitamin E in it . But it made my skin super dry, drier than its ever been. To the point where certain areas of my face was literally white and ashy. I have to make sure I go in with a moisturizer almost immediately after rinsing it off. It didn't irritate me in anyway and my blackheads seem to be lessened a little. I don't want to let a whole tube go to waste so I'll use it till it's gone but I wouldn't buy it again.

Update: I gave it one more go before deciding it was best to throw it away. The second time I used this it caused my skin to become very rough and scaly around my mouth. It took a few days and a lot of moisturizer for it to go away. Plus I also developed flakes on my forehead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mask is so/so. The bright sea green color is fun. It leaves my skin feeling soft, but a little dry. The first time I used it, it didn't make my eyes sting, but the second time it did. My sensitive skin didn't have a reaction to it, and my husband loves it (sshh, don't tell anyone we use it together... ) His enlarged pores and oily skin seem clearer after using it, and his pores on his nose are shrinking. We use it once a week with the cucumber peel off mask and St. Ives apricot scrub. Well worth the $3.

on 6/19/2017 11:03:00 PM

The mask is effective and useful in absorbing excess oils and helping during breakouts. Personally, for the cost, amount provided and effectiveness of this mask - it feels underrated. Def enjoy using it! But you cannot using the product too excessively as it may dry your skin out! Remember to moisturize well after washing the mask off!

on 2/9/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The top complaints for this products are: stinging, itching, cystic acnes and flaking dry skin. The first three thankfully didn't happen to me but the fourth one did. Tried it several times with differing quantity and time, but 5 minutes of thinly applied mask still produced peelings of the ugly sort, so I conclude that this isn't for me. For gauging purposes, let it be noted that my skin can't take Queen Helene's Mint Julep, but happy with Queen Helene's Mud Mask.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is one of my favorite masks. The color is classic green and the smell is mild and inoffensive. I especially like using it as a spot treatment when I have cystic acne- I get pain relief and less inflammation by the time it's washed off. I find it very easy apply (and with a foundation brush, you can apply it with minimal mess on your fingers). It also dries quickly and washes off easily. I can just feel the excess oil being absorbed. My face is cleaner and clearer whenever I use this. I was cursed with genetically enlarged pores and I feel that it also helps with that. It's not a significant before/after contrast but they certainly look smaller.

It does feel drier after use sometimes but it's not incredibly uncomfortable. Moisturizer (I've used a Freeman's sleeping mask lately) helps with that. But at worst it's a slight tug. Highly recommend.

on 2/10/2017 7:53:00 PM

This is the first face mask I have ever bought. I usually use a turmeric face mask that I make myself, but for those days I am in a time crunch I wanted something that doesnt need to be made, or doesnt take too much time to dry. This mask is good, it makes my skin soft and smooth... but its definitely not the best in my opinion. I still have a quarter of my tube left that I will finish for sure. First thing, I cannot stand the smell, it is the biggest turnoff for me! I also find that it gets rid of the look of my impurities.. but does not get rid of the impurities themselves. It is a good mask, if you're younger and want a face mask, but if you are looking for the benefits of a face mask, i would skip this one.

on 2/22/2017 11:30:00 PM

It works ok, for the price it is worth it. I use it all over my face a few times a month and the next morning, I have no pore problems, but I wouldn't say it's amazing. It's pretty average, there's a hundred other products that do the same thing. For the price it's ok. I like to take small globs of this and use it to spot treat pimples. When it comes to larger pimples, it doesn't clear the m out fully, but it does reduce their size and redness. I have repurchased because for the price it works well.