Sally Hansen Nail Protex - nail strengthener with vitamins

No Image

2.3

on 1/18/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Picture is wrong for product. I digress. This product is awesome!!! It has made my nails stronger without over drying or making them brittle. They also stopped peeling. My only con would be that the polish color is yellow and does leave my nails looking jaundice-like. But if that's the worst that can happen, I'll take it!!!!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I got this product on clearance. I tested it out on one fingernail as a base coat and it dried out my nail slightly. I do use a strong nail hardener and my nails are pretty strong and healthy so maybe it was too much protein?

For now I paint a very small amount just on my tips and free edge after using a moisturizing base coat. I sometimes paint a small amount on the underside of my nails as well. It seems to works better for me this way by keeping my nails strong.

I'm only giving this item 3 lippies because the directions did not work for me.

does make your nails appear slightly blue. i have never used it as a top/base coat so i do not know about that but alone i think it works fine. i have never had a problem with it pealing off. helps my nails grow stronger. i would purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Peels right off.

I just bought this product because I had acrylic nails for two years before getting them taken off today. Hopefully the other negative reviews won't happen to me because I am in dire need of strengthened nails! I shall update soon.

UPDATE: using this alone on my nails makes them appear slightly blue, and if applied over nail polish continuously, the nail polish begins to peel off verrrry easily. I really don't think it is doing anything to strengthen my nails.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this because lately my nails have been splitting & breaking-- quite frustrating. This seemed like a good option because it has protein & vitamins, and the blue tint is also nice. The first night I applied this treatment, it looked really nice! And my nails felt stronger already, but the next morning after I took a shower, I noticed something hanging off my index finger & the entire layer of polish had peeled off my nail.... weird! What made matters worse was my nail was left looking damaged. I gave the polish two more tries, and sure enough... peeled right off every time. Bad product, unfortunately!

on 11/17/2004 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Very poor product. Dried out my nails.

Popular Treatments