RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.9

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

on 8/4/2018 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder to set my foundation & concealer. It's so smooth my skin is very oily and I have to blot throughout the day but that's normal for me. The packaging is terrible but that's ok because I don't travel with it. I use sandstorm but it doesn't give off any color it's perfect.

on 4/18/2018 9:24:00 AM

It's ok, makes my skin mattte for about 5-6 hours without touch ups, but it does not minimize the appearence of pores as much. In some dryer areas can exagerate texture, so use it only in places, were you getting oily or use a good hydrating primer. One star deducted for the fragile packaging. Will use this up, but next time I'll probably try something else. I think, this powder will work only on people with oily skin.

on 3/30/2018 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use this under my eyes so my eyeliner and mascara dont smear and it works really well. Amazing price but the packaging is very flimsy.

on 2/5/2018 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

First off, I have like oily ass skin. I use this powder to set my concealer. I literally cannot live without this, I’ve been using it for 3 years and nothing comes close. Every time I lose it, I immediately buy another. The only thing that sucks is the packaging cuz it’s flimsy and if you drop the powder even the slightest, it will shatter. So be careful!0

on 5/9/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is not my every day powder but rather a very acceptable, well priced standin. I wrote a more detailed review under actual rimmel shade sand storm (04). ( this is a bit light, but the next darker shade is too warm). When applied sparingly, it's not cakey. Staying power is average on my combination, NC 30-35 skin) . Although my skin is prone to milia and hives, this causes no adverse reaction. It also works under foundation as per Wayne Goss's reverse technique for a longer lasting finish. Best on well moisturized skin as it will 'catch' on dry patches. A little moisture spray will also soften the look without detracting from longevity.

Normally I wear Ben Nye loose powder. As per the SA, Banana shade is technically a highlighting powder for me, and I am a touch lighter than olive sand which is the shade I use most. (I have have both).

on 2/15/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My holy grail powder! I use this on a daily basis and have gone through a lot of them. I have been using this for the last couple of years now and has absolutely helped my oily skin stay matte. I use to this in 'Peach Glow' when I first started using it but realized it was too pink toned for me, for the past year I have been using 'Sandstorm' and it fits me perfectly. Whether I wear this with a liquid/mousse foundation or just by itself with the stay matte primer, this never fails to impress me. I have a handful of high-end baked powders and this overrules all of them in my makeup bag. I also just bought the stay matte mousse foundation today and will do a review on that too when I get the chance to wear it.

on 12/15/2016 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice drugstore powder regarding the quality and price. I have it in transparent shade. I can apply it in a thin layer under my eyes and on my T-zone. It is not long-staying, unfortunately. My nose gets oily after 2 hours later so not very good at mattifying as its name claims. I use this powder under the eyes to set the concealer because it has no shimmer so it looks very natural. The packaging is not good, really. It seems cheesy and easy to break. If you don't want to splurge for a transparent powder, then you can buy it. I prefer to try other powders instead of buying this one again.

on 9/21/2016 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this product. It used to be my HG powder and I've used it since 2012. These would last me up to a whole year and I repurchased each time I ran out, however I feel as if they've changed the formula? My most recent repurchase had glitter in it and it definitely did not keep me matte at all. It only kept my face matte for maybe 30 mins to an hour until it made my face really oily, oilier than usual. This used to keep me matte for hours! And there never used to be glitter in it?? I even bought a second compact from a different store just in case I had a bad batch or something, but the exact same thing happened and still there was glitter. I'm not one for glitter in my face powders so this was really disappointing.

Also, the packaging is terrible, always has been. Every single one of these that I've bought, the plastic lid has cracked and broken. I've had to use sticky tape to keep it together. One of them, the lid cracked literally on the 2nd day I used it -- I didn't even drop it, all I did was put the lid back on the compact and it cracked! Not very travel-friendly.

Sadly, I won't be using this product anymore.

I just bought the MAC Blotting Powder and it's working absolute wonders. The longest I've worn it so far is 8 hours and it kept me matte the whole time, didn't need to reapply. It is a lot more expensive, but I think it is a much better product than this Rimmel powder and well worth the money.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love this powder, just wish it came in better packaging.

I use it after my foundation and concealer, as a setting powder, and I apply it with a big fluffy powder brush. Nothing fancy about my application. It sets my makeup nicely and doesn't cake. Nice matte finish and I think it makes me look nice and polished and ready for my day, after I apply the rest of my eye makeup and blush/contour, that is. I still get oily on my nose later in the day, but there's literally nothing that can help that, other than blotting often (ahhh the woes of oily skin).

I use the Sandstorm color, and I'm about NC25. Sandstorm must be a popular color because I can never find it in stores, and when I do, I stock up!

Only gripe is the shitty ass packaging. I would love to be able to bring this powder with me in my purse for touch ups, but I can't, because the stupid plastic lid won't stay on and it's fragile so it always breaks once I'm about half way through using the powder or once I touch pan. I depotted one once, and put it into a pretty, vintage powder compact. It was great, but the depotting took so long (there was a lot of glue!) that I've never done it again.

I get that the price is so low because they don't have to spend much on packaging. I'm not even asking for a powder puff here or anything too intricate. Maybe just a flip top lid that doesn't crack after a week?! C'mon Rimmel, get with the times already!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i went on a weekend trip last week and forgot my Laura Mercier Translucent at home. So i stopped by the drugstore and picked this up. I ONLY use it to set my under eye after applying concealer and i was amazed by how good it is. Not bad.