RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.4

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I adore Rimmel's natural bronzer, which I have repurchased several times, but I haven't been wowed by the matte powder. I keep this in my spare make-up bag, for work and on the move, and on the occasions I have used it, I've noticed my T-zone is shiny after a few hours, in comparison to using no powder or my regular Laura Mercier mineral powder.
The finish is nice enough, and I feel like the powders have improved since I was a youngster, though it might be my skin that's improved...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this in translucent hoping it would do something to my grossly oily t-zone. It didn't do a thing, in fact after a while it just highlighted the oily areas. Its cheap, readily available and didn't break me out, but it sure didn't deliver on it's matte promise. Essence's so far is much, much better than this if you want to control oil production. Also- this has camera flashback which is a no-no.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Product: I have darker skin so I bought this in 001 Transparent. The powder has the Rimmel Crown design in it and has a fresh, clean smell. I used it to set my makeup with E.L.F's Studio Kabuki face brush. It didn't do much for the appearance of my makeup, but it did keep my face looking matte the entire day, so it did what it claimed to do... but it gave my face a slight white cast which I didn't like at all. I wouldn't buy it again, not because it doesn't work, but because it made my face look pale even though it claimed to be transparent. So if you are a fair-skinned person, by all means, buy this. It works. But ladies of color, don't get this!

on 2/27/2014 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

For drugstore, this powder is an impressive one! I reach for it often and always gives impressive results when setting my makeup.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought this yesterday so excited and i must say i love it , it keeps my face matte and nice i have combination skin by the way, so my cheeks are dry but my forehead and nose get quite oily. I threw this in my bag and the powder completely shattered i dont know how, i was so disappointed! So ya , pros: keeps my face matte ,controls oil , i dont have to touch up, very light. Cons: terrible packaging

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

Cheap and very nasty indeed. This product was recommended to me as being pretty great...hmmm, not so! Although the product glides on smoothly and is matte it somehow looks like you have smacked your face into a pile of pinkish baby powder. I purchased translucent and it was far from that. Staying power was average, the packaging rubbish. I would not repurchase and suggest you stay well away from this product, no matter how tempting the price.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Actually pretty good for the amazingly cheap price. Used this in transluscent over tinted moisturizer and it worked pretty well. It feels cheap and rough and it doesn't last long though but it really is matt with no annoying sparkles. Old ladies like me shouldn't do sparkles. Natural looking. Good for the purse.

on 10/30/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Doesn't control oil, and because of that you have to continually re-apply it. I have been using translucent because I'm darker skinned and I don't think the "colored" ones come in my skin tone. However, since it doesn't control oil at all and you have to keep reusing it, it causes my face to turn white. BIG no no. The powder just piles on and doesn't suck up oil. I won't be buying this again.

on 6/26/2011 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Very very good product for the price range.
It really does give a matte finish.
Only problem is that I had oily skin which goes shiny after a while and the powder doesn't last very long.
But for a product so cheap you can't expect everything :)

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Eh.
That is my feeling towards this powder. It works wonders on the parts of my face that aren't dry (my nose and cheeks) but it makes my dry areas (forehead and chin) stand out in a horrible way! I stopped using this about a week after I got it!