RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.9

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

on 8/10/2018 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I find Stay Matte to be a decent powder, not the creamiest or most finely milled out there but it's not La Prairie after all and neither is the pricetag. Very inexpensive and contains a rather large amount. The packaging is basic and a bit inconvenient but I've been carrying it in my bag and for two months now and it's still fine.

On to the actual powder now, I'm fair warm toned and got transparent. It has some light pigment but I imagine it would look off only on deep skintones. It does set and matify for awhile albeit there's not much to write home about and would look cakey if layered more than it's necessary. I have also noticed; the fluffier the brush the better the application.

That said I'd recommend to newbies because it's very inexpensive and gets the work done but if you've reached the point of being discerning with your makeup items Stay Matte most likely won't cut it. I would repurchase if on a very tight budget.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have this powder in the translucent shade and it makes my makeup look so matte with so little product! Plus it has no white cast. The only con is the packaging - its a bit of a weird packaging and sometimes hard to get open. Totally worth it though!

on 7/25/2017 10:20:00 PM

Loved this product so much - very subtle if you use a light hand and keeps makeup matte without being drying, however I realised after a month or two that the random breakouts of cystic spots I was having (I rarely get spots and don't have particularly oily skin) was due to this powder 🙁 They only ever appeared in the spots I regularly dab powder - and to double check I applied to a few extra places on my face (like the perimeter of my face) and lo and behold broke out in a couple of large, long lasting ones there too, some of the worst I've ever had in fact as they are really resistant to usual remedies. Sad to have to let it go but it's really affected my skin so have to give it a thumbs down.

on 1/10/2017 2:11:00 AM

This powder was my absolute go-to powder for YEARS. I've never had a problem with my skin being oily, so I bought mattifying powder simply because I'm not a huge fan of the dewy look. The powder does a good job at reducing the shine on my cheeks and nose left from dewy foundations and feels quite comfortable to wear, it also matches my skin quite nicely. I do find, however, that the powder is packed in VERY heavily and so is quite hard in the pan, it takes a considerable amount of swirling to get enough product on the brush to them apply.

I've also found with a couple of the pans that I've owned, that the top of the powder has formed almost a crust on the top? Like a hard film which appears darker than the actual product...Once scratched off the product returned to normal and was able to be used again in the same fashion as before, but I always thought that was strange! I'm not sure if that was a problem with the product itself or a problem caused by me, but as mentioned it has only happened to a couple of the ones I have owned, and I've had quite a few over the years.

Another issue I have with the powder is the packaging...hard to open and awkward to use. Instead of being contained inside a compact or something similar, it is in a two part container with a clear plastic lid that needs to be twisted or pulled off, I've broken a couple of compacts dropping them after having trouble opening them!

on 12/15/2016 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Um YEA, Wow I am seriously impressed. I didn't expect to be, or expect much from this powder since it's just a cheap drugstore brand and they're all around the same, right? WRONG. I had tried the Physicians Formula right before this one and omg it was chalky and just really bad. And much more expensive. Even though I got it on a major deal, I still returned it.

Usually, I like things like The Body Shop All in One Face Base (which is like a pressed powder foundation) and when that got hard to find I switched to Tarte Double Duty Creamy Confidence pressed powder foundation, which I really, really love. I use those after/on top of serum/bb water-y foundations to set it and add some more coverage. (Side note, but I can't use regular liquid foundation and while I like the more mineral powder ones too, they get a little heavy.) So I wanted a regular powder just for really light days, maybe when my skin is better, just to set what I have on. Basically, I wanted a regular setting powder that would work on top of any liquid type foundation without too much of it's own color or whiteness but maybe a tad natural color to match. I had also tried things like E.l.f. loose powder and Essence and nothing was noticeably great. So I didn't expect too much with this and even considered getting translucent. I ended up with Sandstorm and I'm really impressed with the finish and color. It's not like a powder foundation so I am not expecting full coverage, just some mattifying and setting. I also don't want too much mattifying because I don't want to look cakey. But this really does perform well. I feel like it matches me in color more than the Tarte even though the Sandstorm is a little teeny bit cooler in undertone and I'm not. And though the Tarte is a bit more luxe and creamy feeling, and doesn't settle into lines as much in a swatch, but you really can't tell in the end result, which is crazy. This feels much more powdery and hard in the pan, and seems harder to pick up with a brush or even in a swatch, but it's obviously working. It lasts so long, which with a serum foundation/summer heat they really do melt often times. But I feel like I still look good at the end of the day so I'm really happy about that.

I don't think it would show on bare skin so much, but again, as a powder I don't expect that. I love that the pan is so big even though it does seem likely to break. I will absolutely get this again....what a great deal.

Update: After using this for a while, I realized a few things. First off, I can't wear it too heavy, it will get cakey and break apart throughout the day. I think a lot of that depends on my foundation, because over my Smashbox bb water it's OK, but over a stick foundation it's less impressive and I see it breaking down at the end of the day. That might be a foundation issue, but I sort of wanted this for "drugstore" days as I have a higher end powder for nicer days and all I wanted from it was to buff and set my makeup. Secondly, the color is a tad off. It's not noticable on, but in swatches it's slightly more orange than I am. I still think it's OK and better than others but idk if I'd bother with this again.

on 9/19/2016 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’m very fair and most translucent powders look orange on me. My favorite pressed powder is the L’Oreal True Match Gentle Mineral Pressed Powder in W1 which is discontinued. I bought this powder in Translucent because it’s fairly pale and has more product than the L’Oreal. It’s slightly darker than my True Match but the finish is good for me since I don’t have oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to powder and I use it all the time. It doesn't cause pimples and it gives a nice matte effect without looking cakey. I use the Transparent shade and I like the fact that, unlike other powders, this one really is transparent and doesn't add any orangey shade.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this! I can set my face makeup, I look matte and not cakey! And this powder can let my skin breathe even if I do dark makeup.

on 4/11/2016 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this powder in translucent from an online shop for the second time a few months ago because of the price- around 1,50 in dollars. And in my countries this is $8(!) In shops so i HAVE to buy it again. When i first repurchase, again in translucent shade, it just not suprice me with anything- just a normal powder. I don't have oily skin to say if this keep skin mattifying all thay, i used it to fix my makeup. And yeah, it tends to cake up but it depends on what amount, how much foundation/concealer you have on your face and if you have blended it well. Because if i don't REALLY blend my foundation/concealer and put powder- bam, it looks caky.
I normally use it with big fluffy brush, but recently i tried applying it with a flat sponge. It provide a light coverage. Liked it and my skin was really smooth and not dried. Will continue to use it like that.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I seem to be in the minority here, but this doesn't do much for me in terms of shine (or anything else). I could use any other powder or even just blotting sheets for the same minimal, even momentary, oil control. My skin isn't unusually oily either.

I keep it in my purse for quick touch-ups, but that's just until I find something more effective. I will give it points, however, for not causing any irritation or breakouts, but for me, that's it.