RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

Not my favorite powder but would repurchase if just topping over just my foundation to set it or maybe tone down shine, it's very light coverage alone.

This is my go to power until I find a better one. Works well and is a good price. The packaging sucks though, it always breaks in my makeup bag.

Hi MUA,
.... UPDATE JULY 5, 2018.. FOR THOSE PEOPLE, RESPECTFULLY HAVING A MESSY HATE FOR THIS PRIMER, IT'S OK! PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR HELP. MUA IS A PLACE WHERE U CAN ALSO HELP PEOPLE WHO NEED ASSISTANCE! I BELIEVE TO NEVER LEAVE SOMEONE HIGH & DRY! FIND IT IN UR HEART TO HELP THEM! IT'S OK TO DISAGREE, BUT PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN HELP FIX, MAYBE THE SMALLEST PROBLEM! Please Don't Feel Bad Or Like An Idiot Who Doesn't Get It. UR NOT! We CAN EMPOWER Other's, Respectfully! 💐

This product has been my favorite and go to pressed powder for years. I don't have a clue why I haven't wrote a review on it yet! My apologies!
Review:
Rimmel Stay Matte is an oil-absorbing pressed powder that leaves you with a flawless, shine-free complexion. Helps to minimize the appearance of large pores. Dermatologically tested. It also has natural minerals. It gives me up to 8 hours of natural shine control, on a bad day. To me it's gives my skin a soft airbrushed, blurred look. It lasted in the heat and humidity and the sweat. It's matte, but it gives you a glow which is important for women 40+. This powder is well pressed into the actual "well", there's no mess in applying it at all, whether you use a sponge, the puff, or a brush! It doesn't turn your face a different color, (no oxidation at all), or settle in fine lines or wrinkles. I get a lot of compliments on what beautiful skin I have! Amazing! It seems to last forever and for the price and accessibility, you no way can go wrong! It's a dupe for MAC, but only better quality! I said it! It's a high quality product, in a drugstore or outlet store..better than ANY other pressed powder out there, Clinique, Two-faced, Bobby Brown.. ECT! Forget about it! Yes, I do recommend it, will continue to recommend it and I will always purchase THIS powder over any other!
Ingredients:
Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

FOR BEST RESULTS:
Press it into your skin first. For undereyes, stipple it on or use a Kabuki brush. Use a clean brush to gently get any excess off.

SO.... It doesn't have a mirror, it has a screw on lid. Hmmm. Compared to My Ultimate Happiness On Price & Performance, I Will Survive! It's NOT that big of a deal to carry a small mirror on you. L
Hope This Helps! ❤️

on 5/5/2018 9:18:00 PM

I have combo leaning towards oily skin and this is 110% my go to powder when applying make up - even over Laura Mercier! Every loose powder I have tried has made me look too powdery, caked, oxidized, or enhanced my texture. I really tried hard to make a lot of my high end powders work because I found it hard to believe a drug store product would be my holy grail over a $40 powder.

The way I apply this is with a light dabbing over my undereyes and T-zone. Then I reapply a second light layer to my T-zone to conceal my larger pores. It’s important to go in with a light hand and build coverage. I pack in product until I’m happy with the texture of my T-zone. I have to agree the packaging isn’t the most luxurious, but the product works and the price is unbelievably good. I have two of these waiting to be used, one that stays on my vanity, and one that stays in my purse.

I stay matte for a good portion of the day and rarely have to do touch ups during an 8 hour work day. If I know I need to go somewhere after work, I have to blot up the excess oil before I reapply this or it can cake up. To me, that isn’t a deal breaker (or lippie reduction) as most of the powders I have tried cake up if the extra oil isn’t removed (the curse of oily skin). Still on the hunt for the perfect, purse blotting powder!

on 4/22/2018 3:42:00 PM

Absolutely love this powder, repurchased it on so many occasions. It's so cheap and it does everything a powder should do - mattifies, lasts long. I even use it under my eyes to set the concealer. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging- the lid easily breaks. Apart from that it's all good!

on 4/18/2018 9:24:00 AM

It's ok, makes my skin mattte for about 5-6 hours without touch ups, but it does not minimize the appearence of pores as much. In some dryer areas can exagerate texture, so use it only in places, were you getting oily or use a good hydrating primer. One star deducted for the fragile packaging. Will use this up, but next time I'll probably try something else. I think, this powder will work only on people with oily skin.

This isnt a horrible product, it only claims to last about 5 hours, but I found that it lasted about 2-3 before my oil started to come through. I used the translucent shade, and it was just okay. The wear time wasnt great, it caught on the dry patches of my skin and looked sort of cakey. The packaging is AWFUL. Its this unattached plastic lid that just sits on top of the pan and mine has cracked and fallen apart and had to be taped together. Also the actual powder seems to crack and need to be repressed often for me too (twice now). Overall, its okay for a cheap powder, but I think the Maybelline Fit Me matte and poreless is MUCH better and only like $6.

This is a fantastic powder. I can set my foundation before work and I don't need to reapply for many hours. This gives me a nice matte look and it doesn't take much to get matte but natural. I really love this powder I just wish the packaging was better. Like a clam shell. Never going to waste money on pricey powders again.

on 2/16/2018 1:04:00 PM

Do not like this at all... I know a lot of people have a lot of luck with this but my face does not do well with mineral oil NOR coconut oil and this has BOTH. I find it just sits on my skin and unfortunately just makes me oilier. I understand the purpose of using oil to combat oily skin, but unfortunately for me the ingredients they chose to offset the oil just wont co-operate with my skin.

I did like the smell of it and its readily available for a good price point, so it's a shame I can't use this.

on 11/30/2017 7:17:00 AM

Does what it says. Great touch up powder. Only thing it lacks is a mirror. Can't beat the price!