RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.5

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

on 3/16/2018 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The packaging is so fragile. The lid cracks everywhere and doesn't close tightly. At some point on mine, the bottom part fell off and the product completely shattered. They should really change the packaging.
The powder itself is good for setting your eyelids. On dry skin, it can work for setting the entire face if used with a light hand, otherwise it can get cakey especially under the eyes. A decent affordable pressed powder. For some reason I also love how it smells.

on 11/29/2016 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this powder is great, and i've been using it for a few years now. it does have more color than you'd expect from a translucent powder, however i'm extremely pale so the color of it works for me. i don't know how well the tinted ones work, but the translucent one does even my skintone a bit, it tones down the redness in my cheeks but doesn't cover blemishes or anything of course. the texture is very smooth and soft, and even when i've put a lot on you can't tell i'm wearing anything. i don't wear foundation at all because i hate heavy makeup, (i very begrudgingly wore a bb cream for my wedding this year but aside from that have only worn powder for a few years) so if i say this powder is invisible, it really is.

i use a large fluffy brush to apply it after moisturizing, it gives a stronger coverage if you put it on while the moisturizer is still tacky. i generally need to reapply twice throughout the day. that's more frequently than some other powders i've tried, but it doesn't cake up or feel heavy no matter how much i reapply it, plus with the insanely low price i don't mind using more.

i took a point off for not being cruelty free and the packaging being terrible, like others said the plastic lid absolutely always cracks and breaks, and i'm on my third or fourth one of these. but hey! you can always cover the lid in duct tape as a reinforcement like i do, if you want to give off the very cool lazy clumsy poor girl vibe. ANYWAY i'd definitely rate it 5 if i was rating entirely based on how the product functions.

i recommend this, especially if you're ultra-pale, but once i can find a cruelty-free powder that i like as much and can afford, i won't be using this anymore!

on 1/13/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder. I get it for about $2.99 and it is more than worth it. I'm not so oily anymore, so it does tend to be drying for me, but I don't need a lot of powder anyways. I just use it to lightly set my foundation. It's comes in lots of shades and feels really nice. The only drawback is the packaging. The clear cap always ends up breaking, which then means the powder will end up breaking soon after with no protective cover. I wish they would package it with an attached cover, but I can get over that. I just use something different in my purse. There is no "toss it in my purse" for touch ups. That will definitely break the cap and leave powder everywhere!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my fav mattifying powder, it doesn't look cakey whatsoever even if you re-apply it many times and it gets the job done. Very good for a drugstore product, I even prefer this over many high-end products. My only complaint is the lousy packaging, the lid can EASILY come off any time but that won't keep me from repurchasing this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't understand the hype. This isn't really matte. There are very tiny micro shimmers in the powder. Biggest waste of $5.

Edit: Found out this also has fragrance in it. No wonder it smelled like a grandma. I threw this one in the trash.

on 2/27/2014 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

For drugstore, this powder is an impressive one! I reach for it often and always gives impressive results when setting my makeup.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried many other setting powders, including the Chanel pressed powder, and always find myself going back to this product. It is very long lasting, rarely looks cakey, and keeps my face matte all day. It is a mere 4 dollars. Pick it up! I hope that this project never gets discontinued! This is the best pressed powder in the drugstore.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is a nice product, especially if you want a cheap, effective matte powder to set your make up. I hate spending a fortune on something I don't use a great deal of and this is perfect for just sweeping over the t-zone to give you a matte look where you need it most. I have this in 001 Transparent, and you can't seem to use to much of this, it doesn't get cakey and I also like that you can still get a quite natural, dewy finish despite it being a mattifying powder. I would recommend and buy again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I purchased this powder in the shade 001 transparent after hearing amazing things. This claims to make your face "matte" and shine free. Well let me tell you it is a pot of GLITTER. The kind that we used to play with in middle school. If you do not believe me and you own this product hold it up against the sun. Even the swatch it is a shimmery mess! I personally don't find glitter all over my face very flattering. It makes my face more shiny and very fake.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome powder - I find I use it more often than even some of my more expensive stuff - but the packaging is awful as said below - mine broke, too and that is a nuisance. But the product is excellent. Very smooth and not cakey, no weird smells, not orange-y or fakey looking, just a silky texture that is very nice.