RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this powder on a whim , thinking it would just be alright or a good "throw in my bag just in case" powder.

However this powder has quickly turned into my holy grail. I have repurchased it 2 times and will repurchase for many years to come.
It is very mattifying, stays put and doesn't look cakey. It looks very natural and doesn't pill up , which sometimes happens with powder for me personally. I love this powder and it really takes the oil and shine away for about 8 hours.
The only thing I don't love is the packaging, i wish it was a bit sturdier, but because the product is so great , I look past it.
Definitely try it , it is fantastic and very affordable.

Not my favorite powder but would repurchase if just topping over just my foundation to set it or maybe tone down shine, it's very light coverage alone.

This is my go to power until I find a better one. Works well and is a good price. The packaging sucks though, it always breaks in my makeup bag.

on 8/10/2018 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I find Stay Matte to be a decent powder, not the creamiest or most finely milled out there but it's not La Prairie after all and neither is the pricetag. Very inexpensive and contains a rather large amount. The packaging is basic and a bit inconvenient but I've been carrying it in my bag and for two months now and it's still fine.

On to the actual powder now, I'm fair warm toned and got transparent. It has some light pigment but I imagine it would look off only on deep skintones. It does set and matify for awhile albeit there's not much to write home about and would look cakey if layered more than it's necessary. I have also noticed; the fluffier the brush the better the application.

That said I'd recommend to newbies because it's very inexpensive and gets the work done but if you've reached the point of being discerning with your makeup items Stay Matte most likely won't cut it. I would repurchase if on a very tight budget.

on 8/4/2018 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder to set my foundation & concealer. It's so smooth my skin is very oily and I have to blot throughout the day but that's normal for me. The packaging is terrible but that's ok because I don't travel with it. I use sandstorm but it doesn't give off any color it's perfect.

on 6/18/2018 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will never ever ever ever be looking for another compact powder. That's it

Hi MUA,
.... UPDATE JULY 5, 2018.. FOR THOSE PEOPLE, RESPECTFULLY HAVING A MESSY HATE FOR THIS PRIMER, IT'S OK! PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR HELP. MUA IS A PLACE WHERE U CAN ALSO HELP PEOPLE WHO NEED ASSISTANCE! I BELIEVE TO NEVER LEAVE SOMEONE HIGH & DRY! FIND IT IN UR HEART TO HELP THEM! IT'S OK TO DISAGREE, BUT PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN HELP FIX, MAYBE THE SMALLEST PROBLEM! Please Don't Feel Bad Or Like An Idiot Who Doesn't Get It. UR NOT! We CAN EMPOWER Other's, Respectfully! 💐

This product has been my favorite and go to pressed powder for years. I don't have a clue why I haven't wrote a review on it yet! My apologies!
Review:
Rimmel Stay Matte is an oil-absorbing pressed powder that leaves you with a flawless, shine-free complexion. Helps to minimize the appearance of large pores. Dermatologically tested. It also has natural minerals. It gives me up to 8 hours of natural shine control, on a bad day. To me it's gives my skin a soft airbrushed, blurred look. It lasted in the heat and humidity and the sweat. It's matte, but it gives you a glow which is important for women 40+. This powder is well pressed into the actual "well", there's no mess in applying it at all, whether you use a sponge, the puff, or a brush! It doesn't turn your face a different color, (no oxidation at all), or settle in fine lines or wrinkles. I get a lot of compliments on what beautiful skin I have! Amazing! It seems to last forever and for the price and accessibility, you no way can go wrong! It's a dupe for MAC, but only better quality! I said it! It's a high quality product, in a drugstore or outlet store..better than ANY other pressed powder out there, Clinique, Two-faced, Bobby Brown.. ECT! Forget about it! Yes, I do recommend it, will continue to recommend it and I will always purchase THIS powder over any other!
Ingredients:
Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

FOR BEST RESULTS:
Press it into your skin first. For undereyes, stipple it on or use a Kabuki brush. Use a clean brush to gently get any excess off.

SO.... It doesn't have a mirror, it has a screw on lid. Hmmm. Compared to My Ultimate Happiness On Price & Performance, I Will Survive! It's NOT that big of a deal to carry a small mirror on you. L
Hope This Helps! ❤️

on 5/21/2018 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was a Bobbi Brown sheer finish pressed powder loyal fan for 10 years. Due to the rising costs of the Bobbi Brown products I seeked a more economical option for daily use. Thats when I came across the Rimmel stay matte powder. It is a great daily substitute to the Bobbi brown sheer finish pressed powder & has a good matte finish. It is not heavyweight on the face but gives a good even tone coverage & sets in my clinique foundation well.I will highly recommend this product & I will be buying again. The packaging is not fancy & it does not include a powder sponge or brush or a mirror. I use my Bobbi Brown powder sponge with it. The price is good for a great product. I used Bobbi Brown Sheer finish pressed powder in number 6 which matched my skin tone & I found the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder in sandstorm to be comparable & matches my skin tone well. I love that the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder is so widely available compared to Bobbi Brown products, it can even be found in pharmacies.

on 5/18/2018 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Absolutely love the powder in the shade Translucent to set under my eye, it is very finely milled and locks in my concealer all day. It is also very smooth on the rest of my face to set my foundation which is a big tick for me especially with such oily skin. I will say the packaging is very cheap, it has shattered on me (fortunately I was almost out) before but for the price, you cannot beat this product, I will continue to repurchase this powder forever!

on 5/12/2018 10:42:00 AM

Loveeeeeeeee this it’s so oil absorbing without drying the skin. I also find that if my foundation and concealer on top looks cakey if I use a beauty blender and push the powder into the skin it takes some of the cakeyness off some how!? A lot of the time when I do a full face with no eye I use this to put on the eye so your ye has a colour and is matte so you don’t look like a panda