Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 2/25/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Does the job. It doesn't do anything special. Sets the makeup, but there is a lot of other powders that do a much better job, but for the price it's a reasonable powder

Cons:
- Shades. Even for pale skin the color is too yellow, I've tried another shade, but it wasn't a perfect match either
- It can look cakey. I think this is a heavy powder, compared to others that I have. I only use it to set makeup. It's very rare to use it to touch up makeup, because I don't like to layer this product, it looks too heavy
- Doesn't look good on dry patches
- Doesn't blur fine lines.
- It's looks drying
- It claims that it controls oils, but I think it does a average job doing that. Yes it helps, kind of. I have other powders that don't claim that and do the same job. I think it's a hyped product. But for the price I'd buy it again.

on 2/24/2017 11:15:00 AM

A cheap, basic powder. Nothing special, does the job.

Yuck. This is the worst powder I've ever tried in my life. As soon as I apply it, it makes any area I've applied it on look super dry and cakey, and makes any foundation underneath almost look like it's separated. It doesn't control oil AT ALL. I used to have dry skin, but I had combo skin when I tried this, and my gosh, my skin was an oil slick within an hour, and my skin takes at least a few hours to start getting oil WITHOUT a powder.

on 2/15/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My holy grail powder! I use this on a daily basis and have gone through a lot of them. I have been using this for the last couple of years now and has absolutely helped my oily skin stay matte. I use to this in 'Peach Glow' when I first started using it but realized it was too pink toned for me, for the past year I have been using 'Sandstorm' and it fits me perfectly. Whether I wear this with a liquid/mousse foundation or just by itself with the stay matte primer, this never fails to impress me. I have a handful of high-end baked powders and this overrules all of them in my makeup bag. I also just bought the stay matte mousse foundation today and will do a review on that too when I get the chance to wear it.

on 2/12/2017 6:16:00 AM

I am really trying to like this product but sadly don't :(
its veryyy powdery and it amplifies pores and pimples. for me it didn't control the oils at all, it only mattifies my skin when I apply it but an hour later I am oily again even though my skin is not very oily so it should stay matte for hours

on 2/10/2017 9:51:00 AM

I hate to affect the ratings here, but this product caused me to break out. I had been breaking out lately and I couldn't figure out why. And looked at all the products I was using, and realized the only change I made was adding this product to my makeup. It's otherwise a good product for a great price. I will have to find another mattifying powder to help with my T-Zone during the day.

on 2/10/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great powder for oily skin! It doesn't break me out which is also the main reason why I repurchase this product. I get oily after some hours but I didn't expect anything else at this price. Also I really love the smell of it and how it feels on my skin. However many complained about the packing and I can totally understand why. While it isn't a tacky packing it is sooo fragile! It can break to easy so you have to be extra careful with it....

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great powder for the price! Mattifies my face and helps hide my large pores. Too much and it can look cakey. Definitely repurchasing.

on 2/7/2017 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sorry to bring down the reviews but I don't like this. One...I hate the 80s packaging. It is also inconvenient with the twist off top (not held together like a compact) and no mirror. The shade I use, Silky Beige, is fine...but it doesn't keep me matte at all. After 2 hours I am shiny. This does not happen with a Kiko Matte fusion powder I have. I had read so many HG reviews for this I thought to try it...but since it is so packed, I also have to really swirl my brush, wgich leads to oil/product caking, I have to swipe the powder clean....ugh. Just inconvenient and not useful for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know about this one. It looks really great and natural when it's just applied but it does not keep me oil free the whole day. It lasts a couple hours on me. The color is perfect for my pale skin (003) but I've used better powders.