Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Coverage and texture are good but I can't wear it because it has benzyl salicylate in it which makes me itchy everywhere. This is a sensitizing ingredient and many are allergic to it and don't even know it. It's in a lot of lotions and cosmetics, even perfumes too. If you've ever gotten an itchy feeling and didn't know why, it's probably this ingredient and it took me 3 years to find out because it's in a lot of things. It has other names too but they all start with "benzyl" or "benz". It's sad so many products have this otherwise I could use it! If it doesn't bother you then you're lucky! You can use this powder and it is really good for the price in regards to texture and looking natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My experience with this powder goes like this... I bought it one night and when I got home I put some on over what makeup I already had on and hated it. I thought it made my face look cakey and powder-y. So I gave it to my daughter. My daughter really loves it. I got a Rimmel coupon a few weeks ago and went to the store and bought this powder again to give it another chance. Well, this time I gave it a fair chance. I was doing a fresh face. I put on my foundation and used this powder to set my face. I used a Real Techniques large, fluffy powder brush. A few hours later I looked at myself in the mirror and my makeup looked perfect. So I have been using this powder everyday since with awesome results. It is very hot and humid where I live and this keeps my makeup looking great all day long. My face does not get oily. I am very impressed with this powder. I usually use msf powder and this Rimmel powder is way better. The packaging is ok. Also I have sensitive skin and I have not had any issues with breakouts. I will definitely repurchase!

on 4/8/2017 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews, this is a love it or hate it product. I personally love it, so if your skin is like mine (dry on your t-zone, asian but quite fair, yellow undertone) then it works really well! I use the translucent shade over my foundation, sparingly with my zoeva 106 powder brush. I use swirl once, tap on the middle then tap out the excess on the edge and lightly swirl it over my face. I would say i do this twice for my whole face, avoiding the undereyes which I either do before or after with my morphe M438 pointed contour brush. I finish with my nyx dewy setting spray and it looks amazing and glowy but the powder has still set my makeup in place. I went on a night out after doing this and even after being in a club and dancing etc everything had stayed in place. I would really really really recommend trying this before going for a more expensive loose translucent powder. I thought I had to stick to loose powders over pressed because of my dry skin but this works so so much better than say the clinique powder, the laura mercier powder, the nyx loose powder, etc etc. and you save so much money!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I live in Asia and this product is twice the price here compared to the US which is a huge bummer. It has a lot of product in it and I think this will last me for three to four months, which I guess justifies its price. It will really make your face matte, but the claim of keeping it matte for about five hours is not true to me, especially if you really have oily skin which is my case. I have only been using this underneath a bb cream and not matte foundations so I guess that could be the reason. With BB creams this only keeps me matte 1-3 hours max depending on how much I sweat. It's a good product but I don't really see the hype on this at all - it does the same as any other matte pressed powders or even just normal pressed powders. It makes my face look cakey if I put too much, and it has a weird annoying old lady bath soap scent that I actually hate (you will only smell it if this product itself is close to your nose dont worry about it). The packaging is a minus as well, very fragile and inconvenient in my opinion. I might buy again because of its quantity.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this powder! It's quite sheer compared with other powders I have like the L.A. Girl Ultimate Powder which is super heavy and cakey, and the MAC Studio Fix which oxidizes and looks really weird on my skin unfortunately :( I wear the colour 004 Sandstorm and its a really good match for me, it does a good ob of mattifying my very oily skin and I don't find that it fades or oxidizes which is awesome! I do still reapply on hot days when my skin needs a little more help but mostly because I'm paranoid that my face is shiny :) Only downside is the packaging, I think I've dropped 3 of these babies and every single one smashed, so if the packaging gets changed then this H.G. product will get a perfect review. And for the price you really can't go wrong!!

on 3/4/2017 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

An average powder that's good to get when on sale as I did. A thin layer is all i need otherwise it can seperate my makeup but if im careful with it and blend well it controls shine nicely

on 2/25/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Does the job. It doesn't do anything special. Sets the makeup, but there is a lot of other powders that do a much better job, but for the price it's a reasonable powder

Cons:
- Shades. Even for pale skin the color is too yellow, I've tried another shade, but it wasn't a perfect match either
- It can look cakey. I think this is a heavy powder, compared to others that I have. I only use it to set makeup. It's very rare to use it to touch up makeup, because I don't like to layer this product, it looks too heavy
- Doesn't look good on dry patches
- Doesn't blur fine lines.
- It's looks drying
- It claims that it controls oils, but I think it does a average job doing that. Yes it helps, kind of. I have other powders that don't claim that and do the same job. I think it's a hyped product. But for the price I'd buy it again.

on 2/24/2017 11:15:00 AM

A cheap, basic powder. Nothing special, does the job.

Yuck. This is the worst powder I've ever tried in my life. As soon as I apply it, it makes any area I've applied it on look super dry and cakey, and makes any foundation underneath almost look like it's separated. It doesn't control oil AT ALL. I used to have dry skin, but I had combo skin when I tried this, and my gosh, my skin was an oil slick within an hour, and my skin takes at least a few hours to start getting oil WITHOUT a powder.

on 2/15/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My holy grail powder! I use this on a daily basis and have gone through a lot of them. I have been using this for the last couple of years now and has absolutely helped my oily skin stay matte. I use to this in 'Peach Glow' when I first started using it but realized it was too pink toned for me, for the past year I have been using 'Sandstorm' and it fits me perfectly. Whether I wear this with a liquid/mousse foundation or just by itself with the stay matte primer, this never fails to impress me. I have a handful of high-end baked powders and this overrules all of them in my makeup bag. I also just bought the stay matte mousse foundation today and will do a review on that too when I get the chance to wear it.