Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 2/24/2017 11:15:00 AM

A cheap, basic powder. Nothing special, does the job.

Yuck. This is the worst powder I've ever tried in my life. As soon as I apply it, it makes any area I've applied it on look super dry and cakey, and makes any foundation underneath almost look like it's separated. It doesn't control oil AT ALL. I used to have dry skin, but I had combo skin when I tried this, and my gosh, my skin was an oil slick within an hour, and my skin takes at least a few hours to start getting oil WITHOUT a powder.

on 2/15/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My holy grail powder! I use this on a daily basis and have gone through a lot of them. I have been using this for the last couple of years now and has absolutely helped my oily skin stay matte. I use to this in 'Peach Glow' when I first started using it but realized it was too pink toned for me, for the past year I have been using 'Sandstorm' and it fits me perfectly. Whether I wear this with a liquid/mousse foundation or just by itself with the stay matte primer, this never fails to impress me. I have a handful of high-end baked powders and this overrules all of them in my makeup bag. I also just bought the stay matte mousse foundation today and will do a review on that too when I get the chance to wear it.

on 2/12/2017 6:16:00 AM

I am really trying to like this product but sadly don't :(
its veryyy powdery and it amplifies pores and pimples. for me it didn't control the oils at all, it only mattifies my skin when I apply it but an hour later I am oily again even though my skin is not very oily so it should stay matte for hours

on 2/10/2017 9:51:00 AM

I hate to affect the ratings here, but this product caused me to break out. I had been breaking out lately and I couldn't figure out why. And looked at all the products I was using, and realized the only change I made was adding this product to my makeup. It's otherwise a good product for a great price. I will have to find another mattifying powder to help with my T-Zone during the day.

on 2/10/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great powder for oily skin! It doesn't break me out which is also the main reason why I repurchase this product. I get oily after some hours but I didn't expect anything else at this price. Also I really love the smell of it and how it feels on my skin. However many complained about the packing and I can totally understand why. While it isn't a tacky packing it is sooo fragile! It can break to easy so you have to be extra careful with it....

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great powder for the price! Mattifies my face and helps hide my large pores. Too much and it can look cakey. Definitely repurchasing.

on 2/7/2017 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sorry to bring down the reviews but I don't like this. One...I hate the 80s packaging. It is also inconvenient with the twist off top (not held together like a compact) and no mirror. The shade I use, Silky Beige, is fine...but it doesn't keep me matte at all. After 2 hours I am shiny. This does not happen with a Kiko Matte fusion powder I have. I had read so many HG reviews for this I thought to try it...but since it is so packed, I also have to really swirl my brush, wgich leads to oil/product caking, I have to swipe the powder clean....ugh. Just inconvenient and not useful for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know about this one. It looks really great and natural when it's just applied but it does not keep me oil free the whole day. It lasts a couple hours on me. The color is perfect for my pale skin (003) but I've used better powders.

on 1/10/2017 2:11:00 AM

This powder was my absolute go-to powder for YEARS. I've never had a problem with my skin being oily, so I bought mattifying powder simply because I'm not a huge fan of the dewy look. The powder does a good job at reducing the shine on my cheeks and nose left from dewy foundations and feels quite comfortable to wear, it also matches my skin quite nicely. I do find, however, that the powder is packed in VERY heavily and so is quite hard in the pan, it takes a considerable amount of swirling to get enough product on the brush to them apply.

I've also found with a couple of the pans that I've owned, that the top of the powder has formed almost a crust on the top? Like a hard film which appears darker than the actual product...Once scratched off the product returned to normal and was able to be used again in the same fashion as before, but I always thought that was strange! I'm not sure if that was a problem with the product itself or a problem caused by me, but as mentioned it has only happened to a couple of the ones I have owned, and I've had quite a few over the years.

Another issue I have with the powder is the packaging...hard to open and awkward to use. Instead of being contained inside a compact or something similar, it is in a two part container with a clear plastic lid that needs to be twisted or pulled off, I've broken a couple of compacts dropping them after having trouble opening them!