RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

OK powder, doesn't keep me matte for long. Not bad but not that good either.

If you are NC35 like me and would like to give this a try, I recommend 005 Silky beige

on 11/1/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Doesn't keep me matte at all, and somehow my face is slightly tacky after using this powder? Looks contradicting but seems like this powder would be more suitable for drier skin types

on 10/31/2018 10:52:00 PM

This is the most amazingggggg powder ever!! I cant believe i missed out on this for so long. I was scrolling through and found this was Rimmel`s best seller. So I had to try. I got the shade "Sandstorm", the second lightest shade in the drug store(after "Peach blossom") and 5 other darker colors available. For ref i'm NC 37 and on checking google search, i was advised to try "Silky beige" or "Nude beige" for my skin tone. "Silky beige" seemed dark and oxidized real fast."Nude beige " was not available. The sales person also advised to purchase Sandstorm as she felt Silky beige had pink undertones. So nice of her to help out!! hehehe.. And i liked the desert -like name! I do buy makeup based on catchy names!!! Guilty!!!! The product was on sale and the huge price drop was another reason to spend. I have to say this is the most awesome powder ever and beats a lot of high end brands . The powder stayed matte and for some reason my pores seem to disappear!! There was no oily film but i did blot my face to look fresh. No touch up!! It lasted the whole day & even after time to leave the office . I love this product so much. This is def going to be my HG from now on. What i didn't like is the plastic packaging. This might not hold up for travels. Just sayin'. The flimsy plastic pan might just crack. But for the price i'm paying and the quality i'm really not complaining. And for that insane low price i might just keep 1 at the office, home and travel kit!! Recommend? YES BUY!!!

Edit:
My pan fell twice but the cake stayed put. The lid had some cracks but the pan was fine.

on 10/28/2018 2:58:00 PM

Just an ordinary powder, cheap and does an okay job. That's it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this powder on a whim , thinking it would just be alright or a good "throw in my bag just in case" powder.

However this powder has quickly turned into my holy grail. I have repurchased it 2 times and will repurchase for many years to come.
It is very mattifying, stays put and doesn't look cakey. It looks very natural and doesn't pill up , which sometimes happens with powder for me personally. I love this powder and it really takes the oil and shine away for about 8 hours.
The only thing I don't love is the packaging, i wish it was a bit sturdier, but because the product is so great , I look past it.
Definitely try it , it is fantastic and very affordable.

Not my favorite powder but would repurchase if just topping over just my foundation to set it or maybe tone down shine, it's very light coverage alone.

This is my go to power until I find a better one. Works well and is a good price. The packaging sucks though, it always breaks in my makeup bag.

on 8/10/2018 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I find Stay Matte to be a decent powder, not the creamiest or most finely milled out there but it's not La Prairie after all and neither is the pricetag. Very inexpensive and contains a rather large amount. The packaging is basic and a bit inconvenient but I've been carrying it in my bag and for two months now and it's still fine.

On to the actual powder now, I'm fair warm toned and got transparent. It has some light pigment but I imagine it would look off only on deep skintones. It does set and matify for awhile albeit there's not much to write home about and would look cakey if layered more than it's necessary. I have also noticed; the fluffier the brush the better the application.

That said I'd recommend to newbies because it's very inexpensive and gets the work done but if you've reached the point of being discerning with your makeup items Stay Matte most likely won't cut it. I would repurchase if on a very tight budget.

on 8/4/2018 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder to set my foundation & concealer. It's so smooth my skin is very oily and I have to blot throughout the day but that's normal for me. The packaging is terrible but that's ok because I don't travel with it. I use sandstorm but it doesn't give off any color it's perfect.

on 6/18/2018 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will never ever ever ever be looking for another compact powder. That's it