RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

on 11/1/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Doesn't keep me matte at all, and somehow my face is slightly tacky after using this powder? Looks contradicting but seems like this powder would be more suitable for drier skin types

on 10/31/2018 10:52:00 PM

This is the most amazingggggg powder ever!! I cant believe i missed out on this for so long. I was scrolling through and found this was Rimmel`s best seller. So I had to try. I got the shade "Sandstorm", the second lightest shade in the drug store(after "Peach blossom") and 5 other darker colors available. For ref i'm NC 37 and on checking google search, i was advised to try "Silky beige" or "Nude beige" for my skin tone. "Silky beige" seemed dark and oxidized real fast."Nude beige " was not available. The sales person also advised to purchase Sandstorm as she felt Silky beige had pink undertones. So nice of her to help out!! hehehe.. And i liked the desert -like name! I do buy makeup based on catchy names!!! Guilty!!!! The product was on sale and the huge price drop was another reason to spend. I have to say this is the most awesome powder ever and beats a lot of high end brands . The powder stayed matte and for some reason my pores seem to disappear!! There was no oily film but i did blot my face to look fresh. No touch up!! It lasted the whole day & even after time to leave the office . I love this product so much. This is def going to be my HG from now on. What i didn't like is the plastic packaging. This might not hold up for travels. Just sayin'. The flimsy plastic pan might just crack. But for the price i'm paying and the quality i'm really not complaining. And for that insane low price i might just keep 1 at the office, home and travel kit!! Recommend? YES BUY!!!

Edit:
My pan fell twice but the cake stayed put. The lid had some cracks but the pan was fine.

on 10/28/2018 2:58:00 PM

Just an ordinary powder, cheap and does an okay job. That's it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this powder on a whim , thinking it would just be alright or a good "throw in my bag just in case" powder.

However this powder has quickly turned into my holy grail. I have repurchased it 2 times and will repurchase for many years to come.
It is very mattifying, stays put and doesn't look cakey. It looks very natural and doesn't pill up , which sometimes happens with powder for me personally. I love this powder and it really takes the oil and shine away for about 8 hours.
The only thing I don't love is the packaging, i wish it was a bit sturdier, but because the product is so great , I look past it.
Definitely try it , it is fantastic and very affordable.

Not my favorite powder but would repurchase if just topping over just my foundation to set it or maybe tone down shine, it's very light coverage alone.

This is my go to power until I find a better one. Works well and is a good price. The packaging sucks though, it always breaks in my makeup bag.

on 8/10/2018 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I find Stay Matte to be a decent powder, not the creamiest or most finely milled out there but it's not La Prairie after all and neither is the pricetag. Very inexpensive and contains a rather large amount. The packaging is basic and a bit inconvenient but I've been carrying it in my bag and for two months now and it's still fine.

On to the actual powder now, I'm fair warm toned and got transparent. It has some light pigment but I imagine it would look off only on deep skintones. It does set and matify for awhile albeit there's not much to write home about and would look cakey if layered more than it's necessary. I have also noticed; the fluffier the brush the better the application.

That said I'd recommend to newbies because it's very inexpensive and gets the work done but if you've reached the point of being discerning with your makeup items Stay Matte most likely won't cut it. I would repurchase if on a very tight budget.

on 8/4/2018 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder to set my foundation & concealer. It's so smooth my skin is very oily and I have to blot throughout the day but that's normal for me. The packaging is terrible but that's ok because I don't travel with it. I use sandstorm but it doesn't give off any color it's perfect.

on 6/18/2018 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will never ever ever ever be looking for another compact powder. That's it

Hi MUA,
.... UPDATE JULY 5, 2018.. FOR THOSE PEOPLE, RESPECTFULLY HAVING A MESSY HATE FOR THIS PRIMER, IT'S OK! PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR HELP. MUA IS A PLACE WHERE U CAN ALSO HELP PEOPLE WHO NEED ASSISTANCE! I BELIEVE TO NEVER LEAVE SOMEONE HIGH & DRY! FIND IT IN UR HEART TO HELP THEM! IT'S OK TO DISAGREE, BUT PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN HELP FIX, MAYBE THE SMALLEST PROBLEM! Please Don't Feel Bad Or Like An Idiot Who Doesn't Get It. UR NOT! We CAN EMPOWER Other's, Respectfully! 💐

This product has been my favorite and go to pressed powder for years. I don't have a clue why I haven't wrote a review on it yet! My apologies!
Review:
Rimmel Stay Matte is an oil-absorbing pressed powder that leaves you with a flawless, shine-free complexion. Helps to minimize the appearance of large pores. Dermatologically tested. It also has natural minerals. It gives me up to 8 hours of natural shine control, on a bad day. To me it's gives my skin a soft airbrushed, blurred look. It lasted in the heat and humidity and the sweat. It's matte, but it gives you a glow which is important for women 40+. This powder is well pressed into the actual "well", there's no mess in applying it at all, whether you use a sponge, the puff, or a brush! It doesn't turn your face a different color, (no oxidation at all), or settle in fine lines or wrinkles. I get a lot of compliments on what beautiful skin I have! Amazing! It seems to last forever and for the price and accessibility, you no way can go wrong! It's a dupe for MAC, but only better quality! I said it! It's a high quality product, in a drugstore or outlet store..better than ANY other pressed powder out there, Clinique, Two-faced, Bobby Brown.. ECT! Forget about it! Yes, I do recommend it, will continue to recommend it and I will always purchase THIS powder over any other!
Ingredients:
Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

FOR BEST RESULTS:
Press it into your skin first. For undereyes, stipple it on or use a Kabuki brush. Use a clean brush to gently get any excess off.

SO.... It doesn't have a mirror, it has a screw on lid. Hmmm. Compared to My Ultimate Happiness On Price & Performance, I Will Survive! It's NOT that big of a deal to carry a small mirror on you. L
Hope This Helps! ❤️