Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

on 5/21/2018 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was a Bobbi Brown sheer finish pressed powder loyal fan for 10 years. Due to the rising costs of the Bobbi Brown products I seeked a more economical option for daily use. Thats when I came across the Rimmel stay matte powder. It is a great daily substitute to the Bobbi brown sheer finish pressed powder & has a good matte finish. It is not heavyweight on the face but gives a good even tone coverage & sets in my clinique foundation well.I will highly recommend this product & I will be buying again. The packaging is not fancy & it does not include a powder sponge or brush or a mirror. I use my Bobbi Brown powder sponge with it. The price is good for a great product. I used Bobbi Brown Sheer finish pressed powder in number 6 which matched my skin tone & I found the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder in sandstorm to be comparable & matches my skin tone well. I love that the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder is so widely available compared to Bobbi Brown products, it can even be found in pharmacies.

on 5/18/2018 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Absolutely love the powder in the shade Translucent to set under my eye, it is very finely milled and locks in my concealer all day. It is also very smooth on the rest of my face to set my foundation which is a big tick for me especially with such oily skin. I will say the packaging is very cheap, it has shattered on me (fortunately I was almost out) before but for the price, you cannot beat this product, I will continue to repurchase this powder forever!

on 5/12/2018 10:42:00 AM

Loveeeeeeeee this it’s so oil absorbing without drying the skin. I also find that if my foundation and concealer on top looks cakey if I use a beauty blender and push the powder into the skin it takes some of the cakeyness off some how!? A lot of the time when I do a full face with no eye I use this to put on the eye so your ye has a colour and is matte so you don’t look like a panda

on 5/5/2018 9:18:00 PM

I have combo leaning towards oily skin and this is 110% my go to powder when applying make up - even over Laura Mercier! Every loose powder I have tried has made me look too powdery, caked, oxidized, or enhanced my texture. I really tried hard to make a lot of my high end powders work because I found it hard to believe a drug store product would be my holy grail over a $40 powder.

The way I apply this is with a light dabbing over my undereyes and T-zone. Then I reapply a second light layer to my T-zone to conceal my larger pores. It’s important to go in with a light hand and build coverage. I pack in product until I’m happy with the texture of my T-zone. I have to agree the packaging isn’t the most luxurious, but the product works and the price is unbelievably good. I have two of these waiting to be used, one that stays on my vanity, and one that stays in my purse.

I stay matte for a good portion of the day and rarely have to do touch ups during an 8 hour work day. If I know I need to go somewhere after work, I have to blot up the excess oil before I reapply this or it can cake up. To me, that isn’t a deal breaker (or lippie reduction) as most of the powders I have tried cake up if the extra oil isn’t removed (the curse of oily skin). Still on the hunt for the perfect, purse blotting powder!

on 4/30/2018 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm really impressed. It did everything it said - 6 hours straight without shine. And the good thing is that my oils didn't come out through crashing, my make-up stayed perfectly on place even though my face was bit shiny. Totally love it and I'm happy i found something cheap that actually does work.

on 4/22/2018 3:42:00 PM

Absolutely love this powder, repurchased it on so many occasions. It's so cheap and it does everything a powder should do - mattifies, lasts long. I even use it under my eyes to set the concealer. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging- the lid easily breaks. Apart from that it's all good!

This is really good for your money's worth. This keeps me matte for around the 4-5 hour mark that it promises you. No flashback. I've used this on top of multiple foundations and I've never found that it cakes up. I also use this to set my eyelid primer so it don't crease.

on 4/18/2018 9:24:00 AM

It's ok, makes my skin mattte for about 5-6 hours without touch ups, but it does not minimize the appearence of pores as much. In some dryer areas can exagerate texture, so use it only in places, were you getting oily or use a good hydrating primer. One star deducted for the fragile packaging. Will use this up, but next time I'll probably try something else. I think, this powder will work only on people with oily skin.

This isnt a horrible product, it only claims to last about 5 hours, but I found that it lasted about 2-3 before my oil started to come through. I used the translucent shade, and it was just okay. The wear time wasnt great, it caught on the dry patches of my skin and looked sort of cakey. The packaging is AWFUL. Its this unattached plastic lid that just sits on top of the pan and mine has cracked and fallen apart and had to be taped together. Also the actual powder seems to crack and need to be repressed often for me too (twice now). Overall, its okay for a cheap powder, but I think the Maybelline Fit Me matte and poreless is MUCH better and only like $6.

on 3/30/2018 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use this under my eyes so my eyeliner and mascara dont smear and it works really well. Amazing price but the packaging is very flimsy.