Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

The smell of this is choking and the packaging sucks. The Fit Me Powder is much, much better at a similar price point. If you are looking for a great mid-priced powder, I would recommend Cover FX. If you are looking for a great high-end powder, I recommend Giorgio Armani.

on 7/14/2016 11:18:00 PM

This pressed powder is a must have product in my makeup bag. I use this in the shade Transpadent. I use a light dusting of this powder over my foundations (it works well with all my foundations, drugstore and mid-end) and I am able to stay matte all day. If I do need to touch up with this, I can do so easily as this powder never becomes cakey, no matter how much I put on. This doesn't dry out my skin which is great. The pan is big and it lasts for ages so it is great value for money. The packaging works well for me, but is not particularly sturdy so don't drop it! I love this product, a great powder for everyday wear.

To Read all 1327 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to powder and I use it all the time. It doesn't cause pimples and it gives a nice matte effect without looking cakey. I use the Transparent shade and I like the fact that, unlike other powders, this one really is transparent and doesn't add any orangey shade.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this! I can set my face makeup, I look matte and not cakey! And this powder can let my skin breathe even if I do dark makeup.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm reviewing the shade "Creamy Natural".
I love this product- it provides light coverage and helps to 'set' my BB cream (NYC's matte BB Cream in the shade ). Plus, it's only $4!
I have used this on it's own, without BB cream underneath it, and it was nice for light makeup, but of course it's not as full coverage as when it's layered over BB cream or foundation. I use this powder daily.
I have some trouble with flaking and mild redness, but this powder really helps to smooth over these issues :). If I have a dry patch on my skin, I have found that putting a tiny bit of Vaseline and then applying Stay Matte over the top really helps to reduce the appearance and the Vaseline helps to heal the skin.
There is definitely a scent, similar to baby powder. I don't find it unpleasant, but some people might. The smell is only there when applying, it doesn't seem to last once it's on my face.
The product is excellent, but the packaging is poor, because the lid comes off very easily--making on-the-go touch ups difficult.
However, I have a solution to this problem!
I have recently gotten into vintage compacts, some of which can be refilled with pressed powder. I was happy to learn that Rimmel's Stay Matte is 67mm, which is the perfect fit for most vintage compacts!
I just purchased a 1960s Melissa compact from Etsy, and I will try and attach photos after it arrives and I refill it.
So to sum it up: Would recommend and will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is so great and literally could be considered my "skin savor". It makes my makeup stay on for along time. When my face starts to get oily,i put some of the powder on and it makes it better. it doesn't feel heavy on my face. Will be rebuying

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the best pressed powders I have tried. It is literally so easy to mix and I use this all the time. Daily HG in my routine.

on 6/11/2016 10:17:00 PM

It's an okay powder. I have mine in translucent. It is good for setting, however it doesn't do that great of a job at keeping me matte, and that is the main reason I bought this powder. I love the finish of it right after I put it on, but it doesn't last in my t-zone for more than a couple hours.

on 6/10/2016 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My T-zone is an oily mess and this is my holy grail powder, I've gone through no joke more than 10 of these throughout about 6 years. I haven't found a powder (drugstore and high end) that is comparable to this powder. Use a flat top kabuki, lightly press this powder into the skin and it gives me such a smooth, flawless look for at least 5 hours. Only downside is the packaging. The lid comes off very easily and there's no mirror or a compartment for a sponge, so I only use it in the morning and carry a different powder (mac blot powder or l'oreal pro-matte) for touch ups.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent value. I bought this in Translucent, since I wasn't sure the other shades were deep enough or yellow enough. I find that it's best applied with a powder brush lightly over moisturizer and/or foundation. It definitely, definitely extends the matte-ness of my foundation and reduces the number of touch-ups dramatically. I wish the packaging was a compact--like the other reviewers said, the lid slides off so easily.

Video Reviews & Tutorials