Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 1/10/2017 2:11:00 AM

This powder was my absolute go-to powder for YEARS. I've never had a problem with my skin being oily, so I bought mattifying powder simply because I'm not a huge fan of the dewy look. The powder does a good job at reducing the shine on my cheeks and nose left from dewy foundations and feels quite comfortable to wear, it also matches my skin quite nicely. I do find, however, that the powder is packed in VERY heavily and so is quite hard in the pan, it takes a considerable amount of swirling to get enough product on the brush to them apply.

I've also found with a couple of the pans that I've owned, that the top of the powder has formed almost a crust on the top? Like a hard film which appears darker than the actual product...Once scratched off the product returned to normal and was able to be used again in the same fashion as before, but I always thought that was strange! I'm not sure if that was a problem with the product itself or a problem caused by me, but as mentioned it has only happened to a couple of the ones I have owned, and I've had quite a few over the years.

Another issue I have with the powder is the packaging...hard to open and awkward to use. Instead of being contained inside a compact or something similar, it is in a two part container with a clear plastic lid that needs to be twisted or pulled off, I've broken a couple of compacts dropping them after having trouble opening them!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first powder ever when I decided to start wearing makeup 2 years ago and I still have this today. It's so cheap and it's one of the best powders I've tried and I've switched back and forth a couple of times. It's so soft and blends right into your skin there's really not any cons about it. The only thing I wish would change is the packaging, I wish it was more compact like but it doesn't really matter I love this powder and it's basically my ride or die.

I don't know why I didn't review this product earlier because it's my all time favorite powder, I've been using it for 5 years and I went through dozens of them. I always have backup in my drawer. I use it in the lightest shade. I always apply my powder with a puff. I dab gently on the product, then press on my skin (forehead, nose). It keeps my face matte all day long, doesn't oxidize. I'm not a fan of loose powders because they're generally messy and aren't practical.
I've tried high end powders and most of them, especially for the price, didn't do nearly as good job as Stay Matte. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging- I know, it's a cheap product, but it would be a lot easier to use if it came in a compact, like most powders.

This powder does work well I'm just not a fan off the parabens and chemicals that it has. I also don't like that it doesn't come w a puff. I personally don't use a puff but some people do so there should be the option

great quality with little fallout! Ive bought so many of these

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I think this is a good powder from the drugstore. I wish that it had more oil control because I have really oily skin and my oil starts to show on my face after 5-6 hours. I like how the powder sits on the skin after I apply it and I like to use it to set my eye primer before applying shadow. The packaging really sucks though. The lid shatters easily and it's just not efficient. Overall, this is a good powder, but not outstanding.

on 12/16/2016 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't get the hype behind this product.I think one of the main pros for this powder is the price point, £3.99 for 14g of product is great value. But that is where my praise stops.

I have used this for a while on top of 3 or 4 different foundations and swapping between this powder, Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder and L'Oreal True Match powder, so feel I can give this a fair review and comparison.

First off this is a hard powder, it is not soft, silky of finely milled like my other powders. I use the RT large powder brush to apply my setting powders. It doesn't blend well on top of my skin and I can feel it sitting there (urgh!) and it sinks in and exaggerates any pores or fine lines.

As for oil control, there is none. I get oily through out the day on my nose and chin but have never considered myself a particularly oily person. However when I wear this powder I can feel the oil coming through and the powder ends up looking and feeling cakey and shiny all at the same time.

I personally think this is a horrible powder. There are better high street powders out there like the L'Oreal True Match powder. I wouldn't bother with this one.

on 12/15/2016 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice drugstore powder regarding the quality and price. I have it in transparent shade. I can apply it in a thin layer under my eyes and on my T-zone. It is not long-staying, unfortunately. My nose gets oily after 2 hours later so not very good at mattifying as its name claims. I use this powder under the eyes to set the concealer because it has no shimmer so it looks very natural. The packaging is not good, really. It seems cheesy and easy to break. If you don't want to splurge for a transparent powder, then you can buy it. I prefer to try other powders instead of buying this one again.

on 12/15/2016 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Um YEA, Wow I am seriously impressed. I didn't expect to be, or expect much from this powder since it's just a cheap drugstore brand and they're all around the same, right? WRONG. I had tried the Physicians Formula right before this one and omg it was chalky and just really bad. And much more expensive. Even though I got it on a major deal, I still returned it.

Usually, I like things like The Body Shop All in One Face Base (which is like a pressed powder foundation) and when that got hard to find I switched to Tarte Double Duty Creamy Confidence pressed powder foundation, which I really, really love. I use those after/on top of serum/bb water-y foundations to set it and add some more coverage. (Side note, but I can't use regular liquid foundation and while I like the more mineral powder ones too, they get a little heavy.) So I wanted a regular powder just for really light days, maybe when my skin is better, just to set what I have on. Basically, I wanted a regular setting powder that would work on top of any liquid type foundation without too much of it's own color or whiteness but maybe a tad natural color to match. I had also tried things like E.l.f. loose powder and Essence and nothing was noticeably great. So I didn't expect too much with this and even considered getting translucent. I ended up with Sandstorm and I'm really impressed with the finish and color. It's not like a powder foundation so I am not expecting full coverage, just some mattifying and setting. I also don't want too much mattifying because I don't want to look cakey. But this really does perform well. I feel like it matches me in color more than the Tarte even though the Sandstorm is a little teeny bit pink in undertone and I'm not. And though the Tarte is a bit more luxe and creamy feeling, and doesn't settle into lines as much in a swatch, but you really can't tell in the end result, which is crazy. This feels much more powdery and hard in the pan, and seems harder to pick up with a brush or even in a swatch, but it's obviously working. It lasts so long, which with a serum foundation/summer heat they really do melt often times. But I feel like I still look good at the end of the day so I'm really happy about that.

I don't think it would show on bare skin so much, but again, as a powder I don't expect that. I love that the pan is so big even though it does seem likely to break. I will absolutely get this again....what a great deal.

on 12/12/2016 6:34:00 AM

Okay I DO NOT get the hype around this powder. Can we even call it that? I have to not just swirl but rub my brush in it multiple times to get any sort of product to be deposited unto my brush. It is also not easy to open the packaging, I'd prefer a flip-open compact. In any case, this is getting only 1 lippie because of the product quality itself. I much much prefer the Bourjoise healthy mix powder- that's silky to the touch! I've purchased that one at least 4 times in the past 2 years.