Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 11/11/2017 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I did not like this at all. It settled into my fine lines right away and didn’t “meld” with my makeup the way a setting powder should - it just sort of sat on top. I much prefer my Essence All About Matt for setting my foundation.

on 11/11/2017 4:15:00 AM

Amazing powder. It sets my liquid foundations perfectly, and it doesn't cake up either. The packaging though, is terrible. The plastic cover/lid cracked the first time I took it off. I have purchased this powder many, many times, and the lid consistently breaks. It's good for use at home, but I never travel with it, or carry it in my purse for touch ups.

on 10/31/2017 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

The translucent is not at all that. It is white. Mind you, I am NW45 so I need it to be translucent. Ugh!

on 10/31/2017 12:49:00 PM

I have been using this for years and always replace, I genuinely haven't found anything better for the price. It's not perfect as sometimes it can mess with the look of the foundation and make you look a bit washed out, I counteract this by just putting a light dusting on my T-Zone. The packaging is a total shambles with the lid always ending up falling apart but for the price you can't complain too much.

on 10/13/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

On the fence..
I mainly use the shade "translucent" when I'm going for the "buffing technique".
It gives a good coverage & doesn't cling to dry patches. That being said, it is detectable, It bright up the skin and "mess" with the original Sade of the foundation. Also, it makes my skin extremely Matt!!! I need to use a setting spray to take off the "powdery look". I think it's more suitable for oily girls.

on 11/8/2017 5:10:00 AM

Mixed - oily skin. Best pressed powder ever. It makes my skin matte over 5-6 hours. It doesn’t cover at all. Using over 2 years and I would buy it again.

on 8/30/2017 10:58:00 AM

Very bad packaging but the actual product is awesome. It does what it says: your oily areas WILL stay matte. Some people find it cakey but I have found a way to minimize this effect. I like to put a lot of this powder with a sponge in my whole face (I have oily combo skin) and THEN take a clean, big powder brush with soft bristles ( I use the ecotools powder brush) to blend and take away the extra product in my face. I do not bake with this technique but this helps me have a flawless finish and helps reduce the appearance of my pores, as well. This powder has a slightest but pleasant smell. Very good value for money and good staying power.

on 9/14/2017 9:33:00 AM

I didn't like this powder at all. No matter how little I applied, it always looked cakey (even after spraying my face with some setting spray, the kinda heavy, powdery look didn't dissapear). I have normal skin which becomes a bit oily throughout the day and this powder did not make my face stay matte longer than it does without powder. I am sorry this did not worked for me, 'cause it's so inexpensive and it seems to work for everyone else.

This product claims to be matte and it does do a great job of keeping the skin matte. After a few uses, I started to notice tiny flecks of glitter in the powder. I'm sure if this is intentional on Rimmel's part or not, but it was very frustrating after buying a product with so much YouTube hype. There is a slight scent that seems to dissipate once applied to the skin. It seemed cakey when first applied to the skin but once I set my entire face with setting spray it looked better. I'm not sure if I would repurchase this product but I did like the fact that it was not an expensive powder.

Love this powder!!! I use it everyday to setting my foundation and to blott throughout the day. I have been using it for over 4 years now. Also I recommend it to all my friends ❤