Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

My absolute favorite pressed powder. Works wonderfully and I have repurchased over and over. Well worth the money!

Look so cakey

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

have in my collection but never reach for it ..must see how my oily skin reacts..

on 5/12/2017 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product does what it says - it keeps your mu matte for a long time BUT only if you want a heavy cakey look. I use a BB cream which is a light to medium coverage and it took me a couple of days to work out why it was looking so heavy. As a more mature lady this is not a good look. I have tried this with a brush and puff but it always ends up cakey. Additionally the packaging doesn't have a puff or mirror included which is not good for popping in your handbag (however it is very cheap.) May work well for younger skin but not those of us with a few "life lines."

on 5/9/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is not my every day powder but rather a very acceptable, well priced standin. I wrote a more detailed review under actual rimmel shade sand storm (04). ( this is a bit light, but the next darker shade is too warm). When applied sparingly, it's not cakey. Staying power is average on my combination, NC 30-35 skin) . Although my skin is prone to milia and hives, this causes no adverse reaction. It also works under foundation as per Wayne Goss's reverse technique for a longer lasting finish. Best on well moisturized skin as it will 'catch' on dry patches. A little moisture spray will also soften the look without detracting from longevity.

Normally I wear Ben Nye loose powder. As per the SA, Banana shade is technically a highlighting powder for me, and I am a touch lighter than olive sand which is the shade I use most. (I have have both).

on 5/5/2017 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this when my skin was oily and still use it now that it's dry. It pairs well with dewier foundations and helps them last. It sets my foundation and concealer and does not cling to dry areas. Once I have it on I look a bit dry, but setting spray fixes this. I wish they would update the packaging! I would prefer if this came in a compact. The packaging is a little cheap and not travel friendly. This is not a powder to throw in your purse for touch-ups. I have bought many of these and I think I smashed the plastic lid on one of them.

on 5/3/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Tried this again a week ago and I broke out after two days. Came back to read the reviews and it's most likely due to the coconut oil or benzyl salicylate? I did notice that my face stayed matte for a longer period. Sad that this didn't work out for me! [The cover broke a little on the way home cause I'm sure it was fine when I bought it. It also has specks of glitter but doesn't show up.]

Coverage and texture are good but I can't wear it because it has benzyl salicylate in it which makes me itchy everywhere. This is a sensitizing ingredient and many are allergic to it and don't even know it. It's in a lot of lotions and cosmetics, even perfumes too. If you've ever gotten an itchy feeling and didn't know why, it's probably this ingredient and it took me 3 years to find out because it's in a lot of things. It has other names too but they all start with "benzyl" or "benz". It's sad so many products have this otherwise I could use it! If it doesn't bother you then you're lucky! You can use this powder and it is really good for the price in regards to texture and looking natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My experience with this powder goes like this... I bought it one night and when I got home I put some on over what makeup I already had on and hated it. I thought it made my face look cakey and powder-y. So I gave it to my daughter. My daughter really loves it. I got a Rimmel coupon a few weeks ago and went to the store and bought this powder again to give it another chance. Well, this time I gave it a fair chance. I was doing a fresh face. I put on my foundation and used this powder to set my face. I used a Real Techniques large, fluffy powder brush. A few hours later I looked at myself in the mirror and my makeup looked perfect. So I have been using this powder everyday since with awesome results. It is very hot and humid where I live and this keeps my makeup looking great all day long. My face does not get oily. I am very impressed with this powder. I usually use msf powder and this Rimmel powder is way better. The packaging is ok. Also I have sensitive skin and I have not had any issues with breakouts. I will definitely repurchase!

on 4/8/2017 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews, this is a love it or hate it product. I personally love it, so if your skin is like mine (dry on your t-zone, asian but quite fair, yellow undertone) then it works really well! I use the translucent shade over my foundation, sparingly with my zoeva 106 powder brush. I use swirl once, tap on the middle then tap out the excess on the edge and lightly swirl it over my face. I would say i do this twice for my whole face, avoiding the undereyes which I either do before or after with my morphe M438 pointed contour brush. I finish with my nyx dewy setting spray and it looks amazing and glowy but the powder has still set my makeup in place. I went on a night out after doing this and even after being in a club and dancing etc everything had stayed in place. I would really really really recommend trying this before going for a more expensive loose translucent powder. I thought I had to stick to loose powders over pressed because of my dry skin but this works so so much better than say the clinique powder, the laura mercier powder, the nyx loose powder, etc etc. and you save so much money!