RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

on 3/6/2013 6:42:00 PM

Not really a review of the powder which does exactly what it says. But here is my tip. Go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pretty vintage compact. Remove the Rimmel from the box and insert. Everyone will admire yourcompact. You have a great powder and no one will know. Also it will stay together in your bag - simple innit

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [+/- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

AAA200

I never would have bought this powder if it wasn't for MUA. This is actually the first product I've ever bought from this brand. I saw a review of this and thought to myself, "might as well try it out." I picked it up at Target. It was very inexpensive. I now own it in Translucent and Natural. I found the Natural shade in Wal-mart. I've tried all kinds of powders (MAC Blot Powder, Maybelline Dream Matte, Urban Decay Mattifying, etc.) and I was never really satisfied. The Stay Matte powder is great! I can apply this at 7am and not need to touch it up until noon or 1pm. Also, when I say touch up, that is because I might be looking a tad shiny on my nose.. nothing too severe at all. Yes, the package leaves a bit more to be desired, but I have tons of other products that have mirrors in their lids, so that is definitely not a breaking point for me. I think this powder is wonderful.

on 7/9/2010 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I felt this is a good summer powder for oilier skins. Does a bit better job than dream matte in terms of keeping the oiliness down, but does not give the beautiful finish that dream matte does. I dont mind the packaging and I dont mind the packaging of DM either. It also gets cakey which if you apply too much which dream matte never would do no matter what, but fortunately, since it does work well to control oil, you should not have to constantly reapply, so the cakiness should not be an issue. I only applied so much the first time I got it because that is what I am used to having to do with dream matte. And with dream matte, the product wont last very long due to constantly applying, but I swear you get addicted to the look it gives you and you can't stop, but for oiliness in the summer, dream matte won't do the trick, but maybe this will. If you want a powder that feels nice on your skin though, this is not it. IT feels rough and cheap. It is not finely milled. I would therefore rate it a 3, otherwise it would be my hg.

update: Caution: this contains Bismuth!!!!!

Another product with this ingredient. I wish I had known before now, with a serious painful cystic acne and ingrown hairs of course I am discontinuing the product and will learn to always check ingredients for bismuth. This is a shame because the stay matte foundation and the lasting finish are good powders! And what is ironic, is the stay matte is a Clarifying foundation and keeps the skin clear, only to use their powder which would defeat the whole thing! Bare naturale has it too and had to discontinue that. I know it is not the products fault I am allergic to bismuth (Clinique makeup has it too so watch out), but with a reaction this bad to it, I am sure you can understand why I am going to give it lowest rating possible, as this prod is as useless as it can get for me because it is just a recipe for disaster for my skin. ALL places that sell makeup in my opinion should have return policies but unfortunately my drugstores would give you a problem to return it and now dont return it at all, ridiculous. SO now I have a huge hassle with contacting the manufacturer, for EVERY product I react to and the onus is on me to stand embarrassingly in the aisle reading ingredients, in fear of when I bye it I am stuck with it! Here is what's worse, there are no ingredients on it, I read them on line. So we don't even get a chance to inform ourselves before we buy it, sigh.

on 8/7/2011 7:12:00 PM

i've been through ALL powders from HE TO DS. most are all the same, with some amount of variability from texture to color. With very oily skin, no product has performed miracles on me. This powder IS a great beauty find. Not powdery appearing at all (the finish is quite natural), absolutely no color from this---totally translucent and does not interfere with my NARS sheer matt. I use a small amount on a kabuki brush and lightly swirl onto my face. The finish is so natural. Not ageing but smooth and youthful. Will buy again!

on 7/11/2009 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am really surprised about this great ds find! I was looking for a nice, translucent powder and came home with Stay Matte in translucent. Previously I have used MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. This beats it hands down. Why? It's silky, not chalky, and really creamy. There is no caking. I apply with a big fluffy brush. Quite frankly I am unsure the MAC does anything at all. Perhaps smoke and mirrors? My nose gets oily a few hours after application of BeneFit's You Rebel Lite (or whatever I am wearing that day, usually a TM) and instead of looking glowy, I look more creamy, if that makes sense! Definitely a good use of $6. MACs for quadruple? Not so much. UPDATE! It was 92 degrees here today, and for some reason I used Bobbi Brown's moisturizing compact makeup, which tends to be greasy. I am not shiny! I love love love this. I can't bear to take a lippy off for the awful container! I use this at home and use another compact (if needed) when I am out...truthfully you may not need the one in your purse!

on 6/18/2018 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will never ever ever ever be looking for another compact powder. That's it

on 8/30/2017 10:58:00 AM

Very bad packaging but the actual product is awesome. It does what it says: your oily areas WILL stay matte. Some people find it cakey but I have found a way to minimize this effect. I like to put a lot of this powder with a sponge in my whole face (I have oily combo skin) and THEN take a clean, big powder brush with soft bristles ( I use the ecotools powder brush) to blend and take away the extra product in my face. I do not bake with this technique but this helps me have a flawless finish and helps reduce the appearance of my pores, as well. This powder has a slightest but pleasant smell. Very good value for money and good staying power.

on 12/16/2016 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't get the hype behind this product.I think one of the main pros for this powder is the price point, £3.99 for 14g of product is great value. But that is where my praise stops.

I have used this for a while on top of 3 or 4 different foundations and swapping between this powder, Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder and L'Oreal True Match powder, so feel I can give this a fair review and comparison.

First off this is a hard powder, it is not soft, silky of finely milled like my other powders. I use the RT large powder brush to apply my setting powders. It doesn't blend well on top of my skin and I can feel it sitting there (urgh!) and it sinks in and exaggerates any pores or fine lines.

As for oil control, there is none. I get oily through out the day on my nose and chin but have never considered myself a particularly oily person. However when I wear this powder I can feel the oil coming through and the powder ends up looking and feeling cakey and shiny all at the same time.

I personally think this is a horrible powder. There are better high street powders out there like the L'Oreal True Match powder. I wouldn't bother with this one.

on 8/13/2015 12:05:00 AM

I love this powder for so many reasons. It's cheaper than dirt (no really, have you bought potting soil recently?) and the Transparent shade is light enough for me, Casper the Friendly NW10. It has a little coverage, so do try to find a similar match to your skin tone. The packaging sucks, which has been stated again and again, but the pan is the size of old vintage compacts (57 mm), so if you feel like getting crafty, you can use heat to depot this and put it into s beautiful compact to take with you. I placed mine in an Art Deco style Stratton compact and carry it in my purse. Now it's beautiful and functional!