benefit Cosmetics Hoola Hues

benefit Cosmetics Hoola Hues
Hoola Hues

3.8

on 12/13/2006 3:08:00 AM

Hate it. Bad colors, bad quality. BeneFit has let me down too many times. I won't be buying from them anymore.

on 5/8/2006 12:12:00 PM

My friend and I bought this at the same time. She really liked it. I wasn't that impressed. It looked prettier in the cute package. I hate the gloss and blush. The shadows are alright. I wouldn't buy this again.

ACK! The Hoola makes my face look muddy. I am ppp/lll so this might work better for darker skin tones. The Packaging is way cute! This comes w/ The hoola bronzer and a brush for it.
2 e/s Colors are Buckle Bunny (this is a bronzy brown shimmer)This color looked awful on me more like a bronzy orange. The other color is Me,MYself & I.(this is light pink champange color) I liked this color great for highlighting.
L/s in Bahama Mama, which I love. It's a sheery berry bronze color.
The set also includes a dual ended brush w/ a e/s applicator on one end and a very nice lip brush on the other.
The compact also has a mirror.
Although, I love 2 items in the set I am returning this and buying just the Bahama Mama l/s.

The Hoola Bronzer is very matte and dark no matter how I apply it. *Sigh* I really wanted to love this set. :(

on 5/1/2006 7:16:00 AM

I got this from a friend who bought it and didn't like it at all. I LOVE the packaging even though the little hoola bronzer brush is crap and I threw it away! The eyeshadow colours are really pretty as is the lipgloss. I am using these all the time recently. The eyeshadows are pinkish and beigey peach. Perfect for day wear! The hoola bronzer is just yucky on my naturally tanned olive complexion so I would imagine on more pale skin/fair skin it would look like mud!! Not flattering at all! Not even if applied with a gentle hand and blended well.

Love the magnetic case though! And the mirror!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this (and also the dandelion palette) for free from Benefitcosmetics.com for spending over $95.. anyway, I dont like the hoola bronzer, but I loooove the eyeshadow and lipgloss that come with it!! I never would have tried those colors otherwise. The lipgloss looks brown, but it doesnt come off as being that on me. Its a nice neutral. They eyeshadows are perfectly matched, and arent too shimmery, but arent flat either. I love the packaging. I love palettes and the magnetic closure. I wont buy this palette again - but maybe I will consider buying the full-sized versions of those eyeshadows.

on 8/3/2005 10:25:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. I am very fair with red/blond hair and blue eyes and this works whether I have a tan or not. It just gives me that finished look without being made up. The convenience of throwing the palette into my bag makes it divine!

on 1/4/2005 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This palette is great, except for the lipstick, which looks like a muddy brown. But I'm in love with the eye shadows, the bronze and champagne ones, which are so pretty and shimmery when worn together. The blush/bronzer is nice, but a little too dark, so I have to use a light hand or my face will look dirty.

I am an avid fan of HOOLA. so the pallette seemed like the perfect buy. I love the natural bronzey hues that come in the package. The cheek brush was a little flimsy. i used my own cheek brush to apply it on. But it's perfect to put in my purse when i go out and need to reappllly my makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a cute kit for $25. You get two eyeshadows, a shimmery champagne and shimmery taupey brown that isnt too dark. Great for a quick pulled together eye. Make it more dramatic with liner. The lipgloss is a nude brown shade with a touch of rose to it. Very pretty. Hoola Bronzer is a matte bronzer that really makes you look tan. I am missing a blush from this compact. Applicators are ok but nothing special. Comes in a cardboard package with mirror. Cute kit but nothing spectacular. Cute though.

on 11/15/2004 9:52:00 PM

This is the first palette in which I can say I like all the colors. It comes with two slightly shimmery neutral brown eye shadows, Hoola bronzer, and Bahama Mama lipcolor. I am a brunette w/ light olive skin and I find all the colors completely wearable. The only problem is that the makeup brushes are poorly made but the kit was only $28 so I suppose you get what you pay for. But I liked it so much I bought two.