BeneFit Cosmetics Hoola Hues

BeneFit Cosmetics Hoola Hues

3.8

on 5/2/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is essential in my travel kit! Easy to use, and very natural. Eyeshadow: highlight & color. Bronzer: HOOLA! :D

CON:
The "lips" part in the middle is covered with bronzer >.<

Skip the brushes that it comes with, and use your own eye shadow & blush/powder brush.

on 12/13/2006 3:08:00 AM

Hate it. Bad colors, bad quality. BeneFit has let me down too many times. I won't be buying from them anymore.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/8/2006 12:12:00 PM

My friend and I bought this at the same time. She really liked it. I wasn't that impressed. It looked prettier in the cute package. I hate the gloss and blush. The shadows are alright. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/1/2006 7:16:00 AM

I got this from a friend who bought it and didn't like it at all. I LOVE the packaging even though the little hoola bronzer brush is crap and I threw it away! The eyeshadow colours are really pretty as is the lipgloss. I am using these all the time recently. The eyeshadows are pinkish and beigey peach. Perfect for day wear! The hoola bronzer is just yucky on my naturally tanned olive complexion so I would imagine on more pale skin/fair skin it would look like mud!! Not flattering at all! Not even if applied with a gentle hand and blended well.

Love the magnetic case though! And the mirror!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this (and also the dandelion palette) for free from Benefitcosmetics.com for spending over $95.. anyway, I dont like the hoola bronzer, but I loooove the eyeshadow and lipgloss that come with it!! I never would have tried those colors otherwise. The lipgloss looks brown, but it doesnt come off as being that on me. Its a nice neutral. They eyeshadows are perfectly matched, and arent too shimmery, but arent flat either. I love the packaging. I love palettes and the magnetic closure. I wont buy this palette again - but maybe I will consider buying the full-sized versions of those eyeshadows.

on 8/3/2005 10:25:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. I am very fair with red/blond hair and blue eyes and this works whether I have a tan or not. It just gives me that finished look without being made up. The convenience of throwing the palette into my bag makes it divine!

Brilliant palette from BeneFit! Hoola Hues comes with 2 eyeshadows: the base color Me Myself & I is a shimmery beige, while the mid-toned shadow Buckle Bunny is a shimmery cocoa. Bahama Mama, the lipstick, is a shimmery bronze that looks dark in the palette but goes on sheer. All to complement, of course, the small square of Hoola bronzer. This palette meets all my standards: wearable, complementary shades of makeup that are pigmented enough to really enhance skin, an excellent bronzing powder that I prefer even to Guerlain's Terra-cotta bronzer, and the most adorable packaging ever. Their hype of "bring the warmth of the islands to your complexion with these bronze-kissed hues for eyes, cheeks & lips" is 100% true this time! A must-have, especially for travel.

on 1/4/2005 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This palette is great, except for the lipstick, which looks like a muddy brown. But I'm in love with the eye shadows, the bronze and champagne ones, which are so pretty and shimmery when worn together. The blush/bronzer is nice, but a little too dark, so I have to use a light hand or my face will look dirty.

I am an avid fan of HOOLA. so the pallette seemed like the perfect buy. I love the natural bronzey hues that come in the package. The cheek brush was a little flimsy. i used my own cheek brush to apply it on. But it's perfect to put in my purse when i go out and need to reappllly my makeup.

on 12/13/2004 7:12:00 PM

i love this little palette! i recently purchased it for myself this weekend while doing some christmas shopping. the lady at the benefit counter said if i didn't mind she'd like to test it out on me. i'm usually real hesitant about letting someone apply makeup on me. i'm soo glad i stopped though! she said the colors on me would be really pretty. (i'm a brunette w/brown eyes and a light olive skintone) the e/s stays put for a long time. a little goes a long way. i adore the bahama mama lipstick! it's the perfect little palette for me to carry around in my bag.