L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream
L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand CreamL'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

on 12/15/2018 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I keep this cream on my desk at work and use it a couple of times a day since the A/C is cranked up high in my office. This cream is rich and intensely moisturising and feels luxurious (you could definitely use this for your knees and elbows too). The scent is light and typical of shea butter. Best of all, it keeps my hands nicely hydrated and ensures my cuticles don’t look ragged once I’m a couple of weeks into my manicure. Great product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is quite a heavy duty hand moisturizer so I don't use it regularly, only during winter or if travelling somewhere colder where my skin requires the extra moisture. It's in one of those dreaded metal tubes, the ones that you try and squeeze the last bits out of but can't, and that starts leaking through holes when you're barely half way through. The good part is that it is definitely not greasy or leaves a film of any kind on your hands. I find it absorbs quickly and my hands feel much more supple for hours afterwards. Often I find I only need to use once per day, not twice. The only downside is the fragrance as other reviewers have commented it has a whiff of baby powder to it which you either like or you don't. I fall into the latter category unfortunately. But fragrance aside it's an effective hand cream with some nourishing oils in there and I would re-purchase for sure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/25/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was blown away by this hand cream within the first day. The summary: This hand cream is highly moisturizing and absorbs VERY QUICKLY into the skin without leaving a film or sticky residue.

If you're up for a bit more reading, let me give you a bit of a background. I'm a student studying and volunteering in the health field. So throughout the day I'm constantly washing my hands in the bathroom AND killing the skin with alcohol-based hand sanitizers. I did make an effort to moisturize and salvage my hands, but basically I had to use super sticky body lotion that actually left so much grease on my fingers that my laptop keyboards looked disgusting everyday. Any hand lotion that absorbed well and didn't leave a residue, basically didn't do anything for my damaged hands.

I got the Shea Butter as a gift from a friend. I figured that I could use it in combination with the sticky lotion I was stuck with and tried it. Loved it. Ditched the super greasy lotion. I ended up buying 2 more types as well. I have the Cherry Blossom (my current favourite; love the scent and it's still really moisturizing), and Delightful Rose (the scent is a bit strong for my tastes with constant use).

I do have to reapply it several times throughout the day, but honestly that isn't a surprise considering what I do to my hands. I love how I can apply this, feel how soft my skin is, then not have to worry about it getting all over the place. Love it.

on 6/25/2018 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love how moisturizing this is, really did wonders on my cuticles, but could not stand the strong baby powder scent. Would not repurchase due to the headache inducing scent.

I’ll get right to the point: This does nothing for my hands. I really like the packaging, and some of the scents are quite nice, but this is about as effective for me as the sample-size body lotion you get for free in a hotel bathroom. If my hands are in great shape (not chapped or dried out), then this cream is a nice, lightweight product to have in my purse. I basically carry it around because it looks cute in my bag, and it’s not a bad hand cream to put on “just because”. It dries down quickly and isn’t greasy. It smells nice and isn’t irritating to my hands. However, it just doesn’t protect my hands, prevent drying/chapping, or even moisturize my hands effectively, which is why I won’t repurchase it again. For the price point, you’re better off with the Caudalie Hand & Nail Cream, which still has the luxury packaging and feel, but IMO works better than L’occitane. I don’t think the Caudalie version is “amazing”, but at least it does more for me than look nice in my purse. I’ve also compared L’occitane to the 20% shea butter almond hand cream from The Body Shop (which is around the same price point as full-sized L’occitane), and I think it’s the best out of the 3 hand creams I mentioned here. Truthfully, the best hand creams I’ve ever used were extremely basic, boring, and cheap - Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Moisture; Eucerin Advanced Repair Hand Cream; MedLine Remedy with Olivamine...even Aquaphor applied to damp hands and covered with a pair of socks. I just keep trying “nicer” hand creams that are more enjoyable to use in the hopes that one will actually work. The hunt continues...

on 5/3/2018 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a fabulous hand cream. Silky application and absorbs quickly. No greasy film afterwords. Great for dry cuticles. The price just kills me, so I ask for this as a birthday or Christmas gift. No odd odor. Great for winter time.

on 4/25/2018 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is by far my favourite hand cream ever. I'm sad that it costs so much, but I guess it's okay because it really does wonders for dry cracked winter hands because it's so thick. The smell can be a bit overwhelming for some I've noticed, so I try not to use it in public. I usually take some on right before I go to sleep. Very big con is the packaging, it cracks easily and gets several holes in it, so when you squeeze it, cream tends to come out from all over haha!

This is arguably L’Occitanes most famous product. It is a cult favourite and I believe it does live up to its hype. It is a very thick hand cream, with a creamy and balmy texture. A little goes a long way and it melts into the skin beautifully. It absorbs easily and doesn’t leave my hands feeling sticky or greasy. It has a very thick and creamy texture which I love, it feels nice and luxurious. It is quite pricey, $44AUD for 150ml but it does it’s job well, and as so little is needed each use the tube will last a very long time! It has a very nice, natural scent - smelling of Shea Butter and a pinch of honey. If you prefer more heavily scented or perfumed products this product may not be for you. I use this every night before bed and carry a small one in my handbag. I have many friends of all ages who all love this product. I have very sensitive palms and this doesn’t trigger any itchiness, redness, dryness or irritation which is a huge plus. I will definitely be repurchasing this!

on 10/23/2017 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I actually like the packaging- it's unique and looks nice. I like that it's opaque and protects the ingredients. But I can't stand the smell! Too bad, because I liked the idea of shea cream in the hand lotion, mixed with other beneficial ingredients. But something about the smell reminds me of changing a baby's diaper.... something I don't really want in a lotion. Reading the reviews just now, I find it really interesting how each of us is so unique- some people love the smell and others don't like it. Wish I could give my tube to someone who had enjoyed it. I personally would not buy again.

on 10/1/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff - love how it makes my hands feel and I really love the scent. I "discovered" this via a mini that came in a L'Occitane GWP and I was looking through all my travel and mini sizes for a hand cream to pack for a vacation. I grabbed this and immediately was smitten by how soft it make my hands (which take quite a beating) and with the appealing fragrance. I've since purchased the large sized tube of this. I'm not wild about the metal tube packaging (like "old school" toothpaste tubes) as I feel a lot of product gets left behind when the tube is almost empty but that's my only complaint.

Popular Lotions / Creams