L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream
L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand CreamL'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Much much better than the cherry blossom one. While the Cherry Blossom one smells amazing, this one does smell nice (like Shea butter/ vanilla), and it actually moisturizes my dry, cracked, winter hands really well. Definitely a repurchase. I just wish the top didn't fall to the floor when I attempt to put it back on. I wish it had a snap top or a top that was attached. This one is a thick cream, but the cherry blossom one is a thinner consistency that absorbs quickly and is best suited for use during summer/ warmer temperatures. This one is best for winter/ cold weather exposed skin.

Favorite hand cream ever!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this hand cream in a travel kit. It is a tiny tube which doesn't state the weight in it. Annoying. Anyway, the cream itself is nice but not amazing. First the smell is quite strong so exercise caution if you don't like strong smells. The smell is quite synthetic yet they were probably going for "shea butter" smell. I don't like it but don't hate it. In terms of efficacy, it is nothing special. The packaging is ok but the bigger sizes are in metal which I suspect must be unpractical when the cream is almost full. I thought this cream would be amazing considering I really like shea butter in my hand creams but not really. It's nice, does the job, but for the price it doesn't do enough. If it had SPF, a more elegant texture or moisturized incredibly well then maybe it would be worth it. In the end of the day it's a glorified and overpriced smelly hand cream which only moisturizes my hands until I wash them again. Yawn...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is probably my HG hand cream now. I'm not a fan of the other L'occitane hand creams (mainly because they aren't moisturizing enough), but this one is different. My hands feel relieved, and they are finally silky smooth. My only complaint is the scent - it's not bad, it just smells like baby wipes. Oh, and the lack of a flip-cap is kind of annoying.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am not one to spend money just for the sake of spending money on makeup or skin care or to spend money just because of a brand name, if I am spending 'more than average' on a product, you better believe I expect 'more than average' performance. Happily for me, this L'Occitane hand cream delivers. I can use this in the dead of Winter, when the skin on my hands can be at their worst, and this instantly soothes and softens the skin on my hands (and elbows). And the effect lasts a long time, not just for five minutes. And the scent I love, very soft, clean type of scent. Not greasy feeling, not heavy. Absorbs into the skin beautifully.

My only complaint is the tube. I get that they want a certain vintage feel or whatever, but I dislike a twist-off cap, I wish these came in flip-tubes. But I have repurchased this hand cream more times than I care to remember or admit. Great stuff. I always make sure I have a tube (or two!) of this when Wintertime rolls around!!

on 6/22/2016 8:28:00 AM

This is very expensive - $12.00 Canadian for a small tube - but it is an excellent hand cream. It leaves my hands super-soft for hours. Since the tube is small, I can carry it in my purse to re-apply when I wash my hands, so that is a bonus. It is scented, but the scent is subtle and pleasant, a soft floral.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Picked this up at the airport duty free shop when I was traveling since my regular hand lotion was empty. I had also hoped it would moisturize my fingernails since I recently peeled off my gel manicure (totally wrecks my nails when I do that, but I didn't have time to go to the salon before my trip). While it's thick, contains shea butter, and is called a "dry skin hand cream," the texture of this lotion is surprisingly light and not very moisturizing. The scent is nothing special (kind of like drugstore baby lotion) and it's very, very expensive for what it delivers. The packaging is ok, but honestly I would have been happier just buying a little travel tube of hand cream from a drugstore.

HATED THIS!!! Made my hands feel go aweful and was expensive when I bought it. I like that packaging that's it. Straight to trash

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Floral scent is good and it works as a moisturizer pretty well. Consistency is weird, don't know how to explain it. I have also discovered that if I touch my face when I've got this on my hands, I get a breakout. Not too good of a hand cream.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product after a sales associate at C.O. Bigelow told me it was the best lotion for the dry patches on my hands this winter. Shea butter is definitely the ingredient that makes this product effective and I like the smell. My patches are still there, but less noticeable.