The Body Shop Concealer (Crayon Correcteur)

The Body Shop Concealer (Crayon Correcteur)

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/21/2016 3:51:00 PM

LOVE that it's a natural colour and high coverage.

HATE how it can just sit on top of your skin- although this is easily fixed by applying it after your foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My aunt gave me this because I bought a concealer that doesn't work for me. At first I was afraid I might break out but I didn't. The concealer does its job perfectly to hide discoloration around my eyes and acne scars. It lasts for 2-3 hours and I just usually reapply. My only problem is, you have to buy a separate sharpener for this. I hope they would repackage this into something retractable.

To Read all 59 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/15/2016 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This concealer comes in a crayon type packaging with a pull off cap. Personally, I like this because it makes for an easy application. It does it's job. I bought this and used it up in 3 weeks. Compared to my Hard Candy Glamoflauge Duo Concealer this covers my dark circles under my eyes a lot better. I also use it as an eye primer sometimes and it works great. I find it blends well, it's just on the thicker side since it is a pencil.

Since it is a pencil, it's a bit tough to get on your skin. It's not smooth, but more tough and I find it pulls my skin since you have to pretty much colour it on. Heating it up a bit might help this issue. Another downfall is it's a chunky pencil and I therefore cannot sharpen it and if I do sharpen it, it won't be pleasant to work with - It becomes brittle and breaks.

Overall, this is a good concealer and it does what it is supposed to. Application and the amount of time it lasts, not so great. I would repurchase though.

on 12/21/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm not really sure what compelled me to buy this. I already have a concealer I love (MAC pro long wear). I think it was the convenient packaging. Little did I realise that this requires a special sharpener, making it that much less convenient.

This sort of sits on my skin, without sinking in. I find heating it up with my hair dryer does help it glide on smoother, and my usual method of applying is to dot/draw it on and blend with my finger. It does blend out relatively well, but like I mentioned, there's just something not right about the way it just sits there. The colour payoff is great however, and I find it nicely pigmented for my blemishes/under eye circles. Having said that I don't like the cakey/obvious coverage look.

I find that there is a fine line between applying the right amount, and applying too much which results in a big dry/cakey mess.

I'll probably use it up by neatening my brows/lip line.

on 9/23/2015 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I admit it I love this concealer. It's more useful than I used my last concealer from Korean cosmetic. Though, I don't know how to sharp it. But it covers my black under eyes. Maybe I'll purchased it again next time

I tried this during my university years for undereye circles and blemishes--and didn't like it. I was able to get a decent color match, but it oxidized horribly on me. On undereye circles, it's difficult to apply and became cakey, and while application was a tad better on blemishes, the oxidizing later on cancelled out the concealing. Such a disappointing product.

on 6/23/2015 9:18:00 PM

This concealer does an average job of concealing. It's a thick consistency but blends well. It may drag on the undereye area, but I generally just use it to cover my spots. This product will appear cakey and dry so use it with moisturiser, and will sometimes separate on my skin after a few hours. The colour range is fairly yellow, but doesn't go into very dark skin tones, unfortunately.

I think overall I don't mind this product, however I wouldn't repurchase. If you are looking for a pencil or crayon type concealer that is travel-friendly and have a little extra cash, I'd probably go the route of Nudestix - they don't have the same colours but they are very creamy and stay on for the long haul.

on 5/15/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a full coverage concealer to cover my birthmark, the sales lady recommended this product. She applied it with a brush then put a powder on it and it's no longer noticeable however it looked darker since she pur a contiur over it. Another lady from the store asked her not to put contour or blusher over it as it will absorb the color. That lady redo it and it looked flawless! there was no trace of birthmark on my cheek! Like it's magic. I was advised by the sales lady that the other lady was their training manager! That's why she's really great and the product too. It's full coverage and it's long lasting. It's just that it's pricey for a small amount of product.

on 2/6/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This pencil concealer is really great. It covers blemishes really well and does not cause any irritation to my sensitive skin. Being a pencil, it lasts a lot longer too. I have finally run out of mine and will be purchasing another.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I previously gave a positive review on this product but after using it a while more I decided to change it.

So I just don't know what happens to the concealer. I apply it on my dark circles, annoying pimples and acne scars, and the concealer just disappears immediately! And then I try to apply more and it's still the same, nothing covered. I tried it on top of my bb cream and under, no difference. It just doesn't stay there! It looks thick and pigmented enough but just like I said it disappears... Even when I don't try to blend it in!

And I only realized I needed a specific sharpener way after I bought it ("The Body Shop" store is a little far away from where I live, so...)

The lightest shade is not very light! It looks darker than my skin, and a completely different tone, it is sooooo yellow...