COVERGIRL Natural Rose

2.5

on 2/9/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Good Lord, this smells awful. And not just in the initial application, but HOURS later, i could still smell it on my face! Sort of like moth balls + old lady perfume + musk. yuck. i'm not even that sensitive to fragrance, but yikes.... this stuff smells just horrible. That said, (which honestly is a lot considering that the smell alone makes using this product so unbearable), the shade "natural rose" was alright. it wasn't very pigmented, so it took a lot of swipes from that hard-bristled brush it comes with to even show on my NC20 skin. it did have a faint "frost" look to it, similar to blushes in the 1980s..... so........... yeah......... not good. as my toddler would say, "it's yucky."

on 12/18/2012 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush is straight up horrible. First of all, the packaging is ridiculous. I don't know how you're supposed to fit a blush brush in that little space but whatever. Next, it has this weird funky smell that I CANNOT stand. And it's not pigmented AT ALL. I can swirl my brush in the blush a billion times and nothing would show up on my cheek. This is my first Cover Girl blush and definitely my last.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Total blush fail. Out of the Cheekers blushes that I hauled, this one was a dud. It's too bad because it looked like it would be a bright, matte, pretty peachy-pink. Unfortunately, the color would not show up on my NC30 skin, nor would it swatch on my hand at all even when I swiped multiple times. Nonexistent Rose is a better name for this shade. Reformulate this one, CG!

on 12/24/2010 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

In all my excitement his morning of trying out a new product I forgot to apply blush. I somehow realized this about an hour or two into my shift at work. It works in a pinch, but this could never be my everyday blush. There is almost no pigmentation. I had to layer it on just to get a hint of color. like most brands, the included brush is a joke. The old familiar CG scent it there. Takes me back to 8th and 9th grade and this was the only makeup I could afford.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The worst blush I have ever used, and I have used many, including varieties in Cheekers that were very nice. This blush is absolutely pigmentation-less. Not a little lighter than what shows in the pan (which is a medium rosy pink), it is literally transparent and colorless on fair skin. Only after building the color for a minute do I get a tinted version of what the color should be, which wears off faster than the amount of time it took to build the color. Now I know why people always go for Rose Silk over this one.

I agree with other commenters...I love the colour of this blush, it is so pretty. I'm an NC25 at MAC, light yellow undertones and I love bright "doll pink" type blush colours. I find them really flattering. My two biggest problems with this particular blush are that 1) I dislike CG packaging, it's such a small little strip of colour that doesn't allow for good collection of colour on your brush, and 2) it's not very pigmented. I have to put on TONS to be able to get it bright enough. I'll probably be taking this with me to MAC to see if I can find a decent match. For now, though...love the colour, I do use it every day...

on 2/14/2009 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A gorgeous blush. I'm nc25 and this gives a nice peachy-pink flush. As others have noted, it does have a strong smell, but it wears off after a few minutes. What I dislike about this blush is that it's not very pigmented, it needs layering. Also, the tiny 'strip' of product makes it difficult to get on the brush. I would re-purchase only because it's difficult for me to find peachy-pinks that work well on me and the price is dirt cheap.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Soo I was torn between this and Pretty Peach but I decided to try this one. I love the color! I've been trying to find that perfect blush color for me and this is it. It looks very natural on and gives you that healthy glow. I usually don't wear blush because they seem to make me look overdone and older (I'm 17) but this one makes me look pretty. =) I hate the packaging though. They should make it bigger. OH, and the smell is strange but I like it!

Popular Blush Products