Cover Girl Natural Rose

Cover Girl Natural Rose

3.1

I have to say I do not really like this. Its ok...it would be best for someone who its completely new to makeup since this is so sheer you really have to build and build for it to show up and I have very porcelain skin!! Its also very powdery and makes a mess.

The color is a very light pink with no shimmer or glitter.

The application was very sheer and it didnt apply very evenly....I also hate that packaging, I would prefer no brush and a larger area to dip my brush into, the skinny rectangle is pretty small and awkward!

This reminds me of cheap play makeup ..like the kind you can get for a $1 online...Ill be returning mine..I think elf has better blushes and they are slightly cheaper (just as quality comparison)

2/5 lippies because
-color payoff is too sheer
-application is uneven
-awkward packaging
-powdery
-color is nice

on 3/14/2016 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the entire cheekers line. I usually use the bronzer but picked this up for a change. Its very affordable. The shade looks natural on my medium skin. I use my own blush brush because like most brushes that come with blush, its flat and you can't get a nice contour. This is the only brand of blush that I will use. Why pay more when this works great?

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/25/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Cover Girl website recommended this shade for me, and they were dead on. It looks really natural on my pinky toned fair skin. The color is sort of a peachy pink rose. It's not super pigmented, but on me it gives just the right amount of color and glow. I actually use the brush it comes with for initial application. For some reason it just seems to pick up more color than my regular brush, and it fits better in the small pan of blusher. It also allows exact placement of product. I apply it to my cheekbones with their brush and blend with my bigger eco-tools brush. The end result is a natural flush. If you have fair skin and want a subtle look this is the way too go. For darker skinned individuals or those who want major blush, I'd give this a pass.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This blush is not the best - it is not very pigmented and is kind of chalky - however, it so compact and great for on the go - not only because of the small packaging but also because you can apply it in a hurry without having to concentrate and blend really good. Just brush it on and there's a slight pop of color. Great for touch ups. It looks much brighter in person - a matte pinky peach.

on 3/23/2013 10:49:00 AM

I am very surprised by the low ratings for this blush; It is actually one of my favorites!

I don't know if they have changed the fragrance on these with the slightly newer packaging, but the smell to me is not harsh or cloying. It has a nice, powdery scent that feels kind of "vintage," but I only notice it when I have the package open or when I am dusting a brush over the pan.

The name "natural rose" is quite fitting; it gives my NC15-20 skin a very natural flush that doesn't look like I'm wearing blush. I use this color for interviews or with looks that have bold eyes and/or lips to keep my cheeks subtle.

Yes, the brush is a little dinky, but I have used this product for travel, and if you don't have a bush brush with you, the included brush is not bad in a pinch.
The price is very good, around $4, My only con is the size of the pan and the sticker on the packaging. The small pan means you don't get a lot of product, and is more difficult to use with a full-size blush brush. I like that there is a sticker for a safety seal on the package, but that sticker has the product name/shade on it, and if you peel it off, I don't believe you have another way of identifying the color. I just stuck it to the back of the case, but I wish the shade name was printed elsewhere on the case too.

If you are used to working with highly pigmented blushes, or like to do dramatic cheeks, this product won't be great for you. But if you like to keep your cheeks natural and add a tiny bit of color, or you're just starting to wear blush, I would definitely recommend this shade.

It breaks me out so quickly! I tried it on the other day to see if maybe it was something else that broke me out and wore no other makeup on my cheeks. I got zits the next day :P No repurchase! I don't know why I kept buying from covergirl. I keep not liking the products. They also test on animals so no more buying from them for me in general. The smell is so perfumy and I don't like that either.

on 2/9/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Good Lord, this smells awful. And not just in the initial application, but HOURS later, i could still smell it on my face! Sort of like moth balls + old lady perfume + musk. yuck. i'm not even that sensitive to fragrance, but yikes.... this stuff smells just horrible. That said, (which honestly is a lot considering that the smell alone makes using this product so unbearable), the shade "natural rose" was alright. it wasn't very pigmented, so it took a lot of swipes from that hard-bristled brush it comes with to even show on my NC20 skin. it did have a faint "frost" look to it, similar to blushes in the 1980s..... so........... yeah......... not good. as my toddler would say, "it's yucky."

on 12/18/2012 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush is straight up horrible. First of all, the packaging is ridiculous. I don't know how you're supposed to fit a blush brush in that little space but whatever. Next, it has this weird funky smell that I CANNOT stand. And it's not pigmented AT ALL. I can swirl my brush in the blush a billion times and nothing would show up on my cheek. This is my first Cover Girl blush and definitely my last.

on 11/26/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first cheekers blush and I was looking forward to trying it but was severely disappointed. I have light skin so I thought this would show up well on me but it won't even show on my finger when I try to swatch! It feels really chalky too. I tried another cheekers blush (plumberry glow) after this one and the texture was so much nicer and there was actually a lot of pigmentation. So maybe this particular color just sucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

There is no pigmentation in this blush at all like you rub and rub and rub and my finger is still white not even shimmer.Not all cg blushes are like that I have the instant cheek bones in peach and there is amazing pigmentation in all three colors

Popular Blush Products