COVERGIRL Natural Rose

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/23/2013 10:49:00 AM

I am very surprised by the low ratings for this blush; It is actually one of my favorites!

I don't know if they have changed the fragrance on these with the slightly newer packaging, but the smell to me is not harsh or cloying. It has a nice, powdery scent that feels kind of "vintage," but I only notice it when I have the package open or when I am dusting a brush over the pan.

The name "natural rose" is quite fitting; it gives my NC15-20 skin a very natural flush that doesn't look like I'm wearing blush. I use this color for interviews or with looks that have bold eyes and/or lips to keep my cheeks subtle.

Yes, the brush is a little dinky, but I have used this product for travel, and if you don't have a bush brush with you, the included brush is not bad in a pinch.
The price is very good, around $4, My only con is the size of the pan and the sticker on the packaging. The small pan means you don't get a lot of product, and is more difficult to use with a full-size blush brush. I like that there is a sticker for a safety seal on the package, but that sticker has the product name/shade on it, and if you peel it off, I don't believe you have another way of identifying the color. I just stuck it to the back of the case, but I wish the shade name was printed elsewhere on the case too.

If you are used to working with highly pigmented blushes, or like to do dramatic cheeks, this product won't be great for you. But if you like to keep your cheeks natural and add a tiny bit of color, or you're just starting to wear blush, I would definitely recommend this shade.

on 12/18/2012 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush is straight up horrible. First of all, the packaging is ridiculous. I don't know how you're supposed to fit a blush brush in that little space but whatever. Next, it has this weird funky smell that I CANNOT stand. And it's not pigmented AT ALL. I can swirl my brush in the blush a billion times and nothing would show up on my cheek. This is my first Cover Girl blush and definitely my last.

on 11/26/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first cheekers blush and I was looking forward to trying it but was severely disappointed. I have light skin so I thought this would show up well on me but it won't even show on my finger when I try to swatch! It feels really chalky too. I tried another cheekers blush (plumberry glow) after this one and the texture was so much nicer and there was actually a lot of pigmentation. So maybe this particular color just sucks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Total blush fail. Out of the Cheekers blushes that I hauled, this one was a dud. It's too bad because it looked like it would be a bright, matte, pretty peachy-pink. Unfortunately, the color would not show up on my NC30 skin, nor would it swatch on my hand at all even when I swiped multiple times. Nonexistent Rose is a better name for this shade. Reformulate this one, CG!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I mix this with another shade of Cheekers, Natural Shimmer. When the two are mixed and applied they look just like NARS Orgasm. I throw in a tiny tiny bit of CG Naturally Luminous Blush in Shimmering Sands to give it that perfect Orgasm shine. I'm very happy with this blush. I applied it at 9am yesterday and when I came home from work at 5 you could tell I was still wearing blush. The only thing I dislike about the Cheekers Blushes are that they're kind of hard to get a proper blush brush into. I have to really mess up the blush to get enough on my brush. The brush they provide you with is too tiny.

on 3/3/2007 7:07:00 AM

This is a great blush. I have very fair skin and it's very natural looking and brightens up my complexion. I dropped this in the tub twice and got it wet. I let it sit until it dried out, and it's still useable! I do wish that the packaging was a bit different. It's such a small strip that it's hard to properly swirl a big blush brush in it, but it's manageable.

First Cover Girl blush I've tried--and wasn't too impressed. I have fair skin and naturally I assumed this blush would give a nice soft pink glow to my cheeks. Well after almost grinding it into my face (and probably irritating my skin to some semblance of what a blush should look like) I was, needless to say, left looking a tad chalky! Wouldn't recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This blush was okay. It seems a little bit chalky on my complexion...I wish there was more of a shimmer to it. The colour is cute. Not too dramatic, but gives you a little colour.

I don't think I'd buy it again. I didn't find it to be anything special...

This is a new addition to Cover Girl's line of "Cheekers" blush. It's a pretty, true pink with no shimmer. It's matte but somehow manages not to look dull. It really brightens up the face without making it too shiny. This color reminds me of Nars Mata Hari blush - except the Cover Girl doesn't last nearly as long, and it's not as finely milled. It also has that strange smell to it that all Cheekers blushes have. Still, a very nice blush for the price.

Popular Blush Products