e.l.f. Brightening Eyeliner

e.l.f. Brightening Eyeliner
Brightening EyelinerBrightening EyelinerE.L.F. Brightening EyelinersE.L.F. Brightening Eyeliner SwatchesBrightening Eyeliner

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got the black one. It doesn't last more than a few blinks on the waterline, bummer because that's what I bought it for. It also took a few swipes to build it up to full pigmentation, which was more of a medium grey shade than black. This disappointed me. It also seemed to somehow patchily erase itself when I went over it more than once. However, once fussed with a bit, it seemed to be okay on the lash line and on the eyelid. No smudging, and doesn't stay wet the way some kohl pencils will. This is a much waxier pencil and not a kohl at all, more similar in consistency to a brow pencil than an eyeliner really.

I really like the packaging, it's just a simple pencil which I have been sorely missing lately with all the gimmicky new marker-type products out there, and I like the sharpener in the cap.

But I wouldn't buy this again because I feel like I have to outsmart the pencil when I use it, and find ways around and against its qualities and tendencies, instead of it simply cooperating and doing its job!

on 1/11/2017 9:22:00 AM

I just became acquainted with this brand and bought it because of low price. I tried to eye liner, washed my face at bedtime and still have perfect liner this am. I like this product!

on 11/12/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I LOVE this eyeliner.

This stuff does what it says it will do & that's brighten my eyes & just makes them pop even before I apply mascara & even without any eyeshadow. I was really impressed to find such a cheap product could do all of that. It doesn't smudge & it's easy to remove. I haven't tried the other shades so I can only speak about the Noire & Coffee shades but if you want an eyeliner that makes your eyes just pop & appear brighter without breaking the bank, you'll want this in your life! Trust me... : )

on 10/18/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smooth lining, no tugging, sharpens to a fine point, but sleepy city. Terrible for waterline. Only good for dry skin. Not much staying power either, can smudge. Check out my photo: other items features are elf setting spray, mac lipglass in lychee luxe, mac corner lashes,and Mac prep and prime.

I don't know WHAT the bad reviewers are complaining about here but this eyeliner is virtually the best buy and bargain.

It costed me only around $1. I bought it in the color Black. It comes with a build-on sharpener which is very handy and let me talk about the pigmentation. It's so freakin smooth and creamy and easy to apply. Just a gentle swipe on the hand distributes pigment, it doesn't tug when you apply it on the eyelid.

Just don't buy this if you're planning on putting it on your waterline, cos it's only for applying on skin. And make sure you're not buying one produced on 2006 😜

~Yasmine

For the price at Target (1.00), this is a good,basic eyeliner. I am currently using the shade Very Black.
It goes on smoothly, is richly pigmented and lasts for hours. It also comes with it's own pencil sharpener.
Good to have around.

Pros: low in price, easy to maneuver for tight lining, moderate staying power
Cons: virtually impossible to apply on upper lash line, lots of tugging, hard formula, included sharpener does not perform well on other eyeliner pencils.

I am not sure why they decided to call a black eyeliner "eye brightening" but ok, we'll go with that. My pros and cons pretty much say it all. The formula is so hard that I could not get it on my upper lash line. I can apply a bit more pressure when tight lining so this does work to give a soft black fill in and the staying power is moderately good. I tried the sharpener with an Urban Decay 24/7 liner and that did not go over well. The sharpener was difficult to turn and it was a mess. There is little to redeem this product but I am thankful it was only $2. I cannot do much else with it but since I have it, I will attempt to make use out of it for tight lining.

on 7/30/2015 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It smudges and doesnt last long. I dont have oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have two of these, one in a coffee brown and in black. I do have better eyeliners, but these are very useful. I love the simple packaging. Mine came in an eyeliner gift set, so they didn't have sharpeners, but the other ones do. My only complaint is that they tend to move a little and smudge throughout the day, but nothing a little eyeshadow can't fix. Would buy again considering how cheap they were.

on 9/17/2014 1:12:00 AM

My favorite eyeliner! It's the best I've ever used. (I previously used Maybelline's Define-A-Line. I like this one much better.)
It's long lasting, goes on good, plus has a nice, deep color (I use black).
I don't think I'll ever use a different eyeliner! :) Definitely recommend,