E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 6/27/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Don't love it but don't hate it, as well. I use to find it really hard to blend but then I figured out that blending with my fingers works a lot better with this product. Very cheap so it wouldn't hurt to try it out for those who are seeking a nice shimmer glow. I apply it on my cheeks and the tip of my nose. Would probably buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have this in Persimmon, which I actually got as a free gift a while back and I'm just getting around to using now. Based on the other reviews, it seems most people use this Shimmering Facial Whip as a highlighter, but I definitely need to use this shade as a blush (that happens to have a built-in highlighter). It took a little work to get the hang of applying this stuff, but I actually really like it now. The color is a warm, peachy bright pink with a generous but not overpowering shimmer that shines through the ELF HD powder I use to set it.

The formula itself is a super-pigmented liquid so one tiny drop is enough to cover an entire cheek. It dries quickly so you need to blend with urgency, but once you get the hang of it, the color payoff is amazing. Plus, it lasts all day on my oily skin where most other blushes wear off after a few hours. This product may have converted me from powder to cream blush for good. The reason I wouldn't re-buy this is because I can't - this shade is discontinued - and I'm not in the market for any new highlighters right now.

To Read all 218 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/24/2016 12:23:00 AM

i waited FOREVER for this to be available in stores, but once i finally found it i was really disappointed. i wanted to be able to use this as a highlight, but it does not blend well at all. it leaves a very sharp, visible line wherever you first apply it, no matter how quickly you start blending, and it takes a LOT of blending to make that harsh line go away. by the time you've got it looking right, half the prodcut has rubbed off so you have to repeat the whole process again. that said, once you do manage to blend it, it looks nice. you really cannot beat the price. plus, the packaging is kind of cute and i love the tiny tube opening that lets you squeeze out a precise amount of product. i would not purchase this again, but you can certainly make do with this highlight if you're not willing/able to pay more. i would also recommend trying this as eyeshadow, since you can pack it on pretty well and the shimmer gives a lot of depth.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in Pink Lemonade and it is gorgeous.
Using this for the first time is a super weird experience: it's like putting super thick lip gloss on your face but it blends out so beautifully it makes up for it.
I love using this this as a browbone, cheek, inner corner and middle of the lip highlighter. It's so pretty and shimmery and I feel magical whenever I wear it.
It also smells like candy, which is a lovely touch.
The whip goes on super bright and fades throughout the day, but it fades so beautifully it's not really important.
I just love this product and I can't wait to get more colours.

on 5/2/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Can NOT be beat for $1.00! Blends easily, a little goes a long way! Subtle shimmer.

on 4/7/2016 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is defiantly multipurpose as it claims to be. I’ve used it on my eyes to highlight my brow bone and inner corner and my cheeks to highlight my cheekbones, but I’ve never used it on my lips and I’ll tell you why. It’s too shimmery for that. I feel like if I put this on my lips I will look like I’ve put on a child’s makeup. Now, I’m not saying don’t put it on your lips, you do you, I just personally don’t like that type of look. As far as formula goes, this doesn’t stand up to it’s claims. It says that it won’t leave a greasy after feel, and it doesn’t, it leaves a straight up sticky after feel. Some people don’t like this, and if you like to apply your liquid highlighters on top of your foundation, then I’d say you won’t like it either.

How I apply this is with a brush or, if I’m not around my brushes, my finger to the tops of my cheek bones and cupids bow. You have to work fast because is starts drying kind of fast. Then I top it with my foundation and whatever other makeup I’m applying that day. It works fine under a powder or mineral foundation. It has such a strong shimmer that it shines right through whatever you put on top of it. I love this stuff! It does have a slight fruity pebbles type of scent, but don’t worry it fades as soon as you start blending it in. To me it had the creamy consistency of melted lipstick. There are no huge chunks of glitter in this, but just bright glowing shimmers. For me this stuff lasts all day and doesn’t fade. I think that this will suit any skin tone or age. For fair to medium skin tones I would suggest the two lightest shades (Spotlight and Lilac Petal) and for darker skin tones I would suggest the two darker ones. (Pink Lemonade and Golden Peach).

It is packaged in a small squeeze tube with a twist off lid. It contains .35oz of product which may not seem like much, but a little goes a long way with this stuff. Some people have complained of this product being watery. They say that just shimmery water comes out. If this happens then you have gotten a bad one. Either toss it or do your best to shake it up really well.

Lilac Petal is a very light pink color. it looks bright until you blend it out. then it becomes a baby pink.
Spotlight is a stark white highlighter.
Pros: Pigmented, good smell that fades, multipurpose, affordable easy to use, long lasting.
Cons: Hard to blend, sticky, hit or miss when it comes to quality.
Would I by this again? Yes, without a doubt. 4 out of 5 stars.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Love how easily it blends and the shimmer lasts for hours. I like to apply it to my cheeks with my fingers to give me a warm glow and constantly get complimented on the product. For a small package it lasts long, a little definitely goes along way I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Currently, I have Spotlight and Pink Lemonade. Next on my list is Golden Peach and Lilac Petal.

This is such a cool and unique product, and it's so much fun to use, while being versatile enough to never get old. I adore this little tube, truly I do.

You can literally do anything with this, like highlighting, contouring, creating a dewy finish, blush, eyeshadow, lip gloss, the list goes on and on.

I usually apply this with either my fingers or highlighting brush, but it's also great with contour and stippling brushes as well. I've heard that some people use a damp beauty blender, but I've personally never tried that so can't really say how well that works.

Anyway, for only a buck you really can't go wrong with this one. It's definitely worth a try. Oh yeah, it's worth mentioning that it reminds me of those beautiful, sunny days on the beach here in Florida. If you love that relaxed, vibrant, beachy look, then this is the product for you.

on 3/5/2016 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Never really used highlighter before so I decided to give this a go, since it's cheap -- honestly, it's totally worth it. The tube is really small but a little goes a long way. I typically just use my fingers to blend it and set it with some powder (and also for it to look more natural) and it works pretty well for me. I like that it has a bit of colour too, since I'm not one to use blush regularly, so it doubles up to give my face just a bit more colour too. Overall I really love this! But it's definitely more effort to put on than powder highlighter, that's for sure.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really love these!

I take a small dab and warm it up in between my fingers then apply it. It blends nicely that way. The texture is almost like a melted lipstick and they are super pigmented. They last all day on my skin. The scent is fruity and honestly smells like fruity pebbles cereal to me! but the scent fades away quickly. There's a gorgeous selection of shades, they last forever, and they are super pigmented. A great little find!

Popular Blush Products