e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip

E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in LilacShimmering Facial Whip

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 1/29/2018 5:34:00 PM

I have the ELF shimmering facial whip in lilac. It is a highly metallic cool toned pink with icy lilac undertones. It can be applied lightly for a little bit of a sheen or built up for a super dramatic look.

This is gorgeous for a night out look or for those of us who prefer intense highlights. I would NOT recommend this for people who like super natural subtle highlights

I got the shade Golden Peach.

The only really bad thing about this product is that it's kinda hard to blend. I put dots on my cheekbones then tried tap it in with my fingers and a sponge - and it did not move. The dots were still there. You Have to rub it in for it to blend.

One detail which, may be good or bad depending on preference, is that the glitter is quite noticeable. That means it can be quite unnatural for daytime wear, but for nighttime, it can be totally awesome. This actually reminds me of swatches I see of Fenty's Trophy Wife Highlighter, in the sense that the glitter is quite noticeable, and it's shiny af.

Now, here's my recommendation - PUT IT ON YOUR EYES AS A BASE FOR SHIMMERY EYESHADOW. Do It Dudes. Seriously That ish will transform your eyeshadow into a METALLIC Dream.

Overall, it's not bad considering you can get it for such a low price. It just depends on whether you like noticeable sparkles in your highlight, and if you think you're fine with working a little extra to blend. Or, if you want a wet base for shimmer eyeshadows, that would be a really good use for this product. But I would stay away from this if you prefer a very natural highlight.

on 8/7/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I loved wearing this with very little makeup.

on 5/17/2017 10:55:00 AM

It looked promising when I ordered it online. When I received it, I opened it and it smelled waxy and artificial. I then squeezed a dollop of it on the back of my hand and tried to blend it out, and failed because the texture didn't allow much blending. So then I decided to trash it.

on 3/1/2017 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These are soo good! They give an intense highlight and they smell so sweet.

on 12/20/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have the shade Lilac Petal. It does a decent job, especially for the price of $1. You can get a pretty good glow/highlight from it. It's buildable for more drama. The shade I have is a little pink, which isnt necessarily ideal (in my opinion) for my shade of skin (I wear L'Oréal True Match foundation in W6). I'd repurchase for a cheap highlighting option. Only thing that bothers me is the product separates, sometimes all it puts out is a watery liquid with no pigment or sheen. Also if you don't apply enough it tends to lose it's ability to blend.

on 6/27/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Don't love it but don't hate it, as well. I use to find it really hard to blend but then I figured out that blending with my fingers works a lot better with this product. Very cheap so it wouldn't hurt to try it out for those who are seeking a nice shimmer glow. I apply it on my cheeks and the tip of my nose. Would probably buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have this in Persimmon, which I actually got as a free gift a while back and I'm just getting around to using now. Based on the other reviews, it seems most people use this Shimmering Facial Whip as a highlighter, but I definitely need to use this shade as a blush (that happens to have a built-in highlighter). It took a little work to get the hang of applying this stuff, but I actually really like the formula now. The color is a warm, peachy bright pink with a generous but not overpowering shimmer that shines through the ELF HD powder I use to set it.

The formula itself is a super-pigmented liquid so one tiny drop is enough to cover an entire cheek. It dries quickly so you need to blend with urgency, but once you get the hang of it, the color payoff is amazing. Plus, it lasts all day on my oily skin where most other blushes wear off after a few hours. It's also worth noting that the tiny tube lasted me over 5 months of near daily use. I've found that the color Persimmon isn't the most flattering on me, but I would consider trying a different one.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in Pink Lemonade and it is gorgeous.
Using this for the first time is a super weird experience: it's like putting super thick lip gloss on your face but it blends out so beautifully it makes up for it.
I love using this this as a browbone, cheek, inner corner and middle of the lip highlighter. It's so pretty and shimmery and I feel magical whenever I wear it.
It also smells like candy, which is a lovely touch.
The whip goes on super bright and fades throughout the day, but it fades so beautifully it's not really important.
I just love this product and I can't wait to get more colours.

on 5/2/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Can NOT be beat for $1.00! Blends easily, a little goes a long way! Subtle shimmer.