E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in LilacShimmering Facial Whip

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 8/7/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I loved wearing this with very little makeup.

on 5/17/2017 10:55:00 AM

It looked promising when I ordered it online. When I received it, I opened it and it smelled waxy and artificial. I then squeezed a dollop of it on the back of my hand and tried to blend it out, and failed because the texture didn't allow much blending. So then I decided to trash it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have this in Persimmon, which I actually got as a free gift a while back and I'm just getting around to using now. Based on the other reviews, it seems most people use this Shimmering Facial Whip as a highlighter, but I definitely need to use this shade as a blush (that happens to have a built-in highlighter). It took a little work to get the hang of applying this stuff, but I actually really like the formula now. The color is a warm, peachy bright pink with a generous but not overpowering shimmer that shines through the ELF HD powder I use to set it.

The formula itself is a super-pigmented liquid so one tiny drop is enough to cover an entire cheek. It dries quickly so you need to blend with urgency, but once you get the hang of it, the color payoff is amazing. Plus, it lasts all day on my oily skin where most other blushes wear off after a few hours. It's also worth noting that the tiny tube lasted me over 5 months of near daily use. I've found that the color Persimmon isn't the most flattering on me, but I would consider trying a different one.

on 12/20/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have the shade Lilac Petal. It does a decent job, especially for the price of $1. You can get a pretty good glow/highlight from it. It's buildable for more drama. The shade I have is a little pink, which isnt necessarily ideal (in my opinion) for my shade of skin (I wear L'Oréal True Match foundation in W6). I'd repurchase for a cheap highlighting option. Only thing that bothers me is the product separates, sometimes all it puts out is a watery liquid with no pigment or sheen. Also if you don't apply enough it tends to lose it's ability to blend.

on 6/27/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Don't love it but don't hate it, as well. I use to find it really hard to blend but then I figured out that blending with my fingers works a lot better with this product. Very cheap so it wouldn't hurt to try it out for those who are seeking a nice shimmer glow. I apply it on my cheeks and the tip of my nose. Would probably buy again.

on 3/1/2017 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These are soo good! They give an intense highlight and they smell so sweet.

on 5/2/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Can NOT be beat for $1.00! Blends easily, a little goes a long way! Subtle shimmer.

on 4/7/2016 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is defiantly multipurpose as it claims to be. I’ve used it on my eyes to highlight my brow bone and inner corner and my cheeks to highlight my cheekbones, but I’ve never used it on my lips and I’ll tell you why. It’s too shimmery for that. I feel like if I put this on my lips I will look like I’ve put on a child’s makeup. Now, I’m not saying don’t put it on your lips, you do you, I just personally don’t like that type of look. As far as formula goes, this doesn’t stand up to it’s claims. It says that it won’t leave a greasy after feel, and it doesn’t, it leaves a straight up sticky after feel. Some people don’t like this, and if you like to apply your liquid highlighters on top of your foundation, then I’d say you won’t like it either.

How I apply this is with a brush or, if I’m not around my brushes, my finger to the tops of my cheek bones and cupids bow. You have to work fast because is starts drying kind of fast. Then I top it with my foundation and whatever other makeup I’m applying that day. It works fine under a powder or mineral foundation. It has such a strong shimmer that it shines right through whatever you put on top of it. I love this stuff! It does have a slight fruity pebbles type of scent, but don’t worry it fades as soon as you start blending it in. To me it had the creamy consistency of melted lipstick. There are no huge chunks of glitter in this, but just bright glowing shimmers. For me this stuff lasts all day and doesn’t fade. I think that this will suit any skin tone or age. For fair to medium skin tones I would suggest the two lightest shades (Spotlight and Lilac Petal) and for darker skin tones I would suggest the two darker ones. (Pink Lemonade and Golden Peach).

It is packaged in a small squeeze tube with a twist off lid. It contains .35oz of product which may not seem like much, but a little goes a long way with this stuff. Some people have complained of this product being watery. They say that just shimmery water comes out. If this happens then you have gotten a bad one. Either toss it or do your best to shake it up really well.

Lilac Petal is a very light pink color. it looks bright until you blend it out. then it becomes a baby pink.
Spotlight is a stark white highlighter.
Pros: Pigmented, good smell that fades, multipurpose, affordable easy to use, long lasting.
Cons: Hard to blend, sticky, hit or miss when it comes to quality.
Would I by this again? Yes, without a doubt. 4 out of 5 stars.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Love how easily it blends and the shimmer lasts for hours. I like to apply it to my cheeks with my fingers to give me a warm glow and constantly get complimented on the product. For a small package it lasts long, a little definitely goes along way I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in Pink Lemonade and it is gorgeous.
Using this for the first time is a super weird experience: it's like putting super thick lip gloss on your face but it blends out so beautifully it makes up for it.
I love using this this as a browbone, cheek, inner corner and middle of the lip highlighter. It's so pretty and shimmery and I feel magical whenever I wear it.
It also smells like candy, which is a lovely touch.
The whip goes on super bright and fades throughout the day, but it fades so beautifully it's not really important.
I just love this product and I can't wait to get more colours.