Essie Lady Godiva

Essie Lady Godiva
Lady Godiva

3.8

on 11/7/2016 11:28:00 PM

This was one of the first Essie polishes I tried and I hated it. It was runny and streaky. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm also not a fan of the color.

on 10/13/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I've had this polish I know for over a year and I'm just now using it. Deep dark chocolate brown, 1st coat goes on streaky but the 2nd one is full color. It does tend to take a while to dry too. Great for the fall.

on 11/12/2009 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm one of those people who needs an almost-black vampy shade in every color - Lady Godiva is my go-to vampy brown. Lovely deep dark chocolate color in a blackened base with a glossy cream finish. The shade is so rich looking next to my fair skin. Lady Godiva does have subtle red tones to it but it's not an overly warm brown - it's balanced enough that a cool-tone loving girl like me can wear it with confidence. It's an utterly perfect shade for fall and winter. Three coats to complete opacity, wears beautifully. Would definitely repurchase and recommend this gorgeous vampy brown! :)

on 1/4/2009 3:06:00 PM

This is a really great deep, dark chocolate polish that has amazing staying power. It's a cream, no frost, two coats gives you a deep chocolate w/barely a reddish undertone. Huge thumbs up for lasting through a week of cold weather, hot baths, and soapy dishes!

on 5/6/2008 1:43:00 PM

This is the perfect shade of chocolate brown with just a hint of red. It does apply streaky and does require at least two coats, and three is ideal. But it looks good on short or long nails and with a good top coat looks glossy and rich.

Nice chocolate shade, but nothing special. Application is slightly streaky and requires two to three coats.

on 12/27/2007 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect shade of milk chocolate. Although my tongue often opts for dark chocolate, it is this shade of milk chocolate that my nails crave. two coats eliminate all streakiness resulting in the perfect level of chocolate coverage. like most essie polishes, it takes about a weak of beatings before it starts to streak.

on 4/5/2007 9:39:00 PM

I really like this colour but it is so streaky I almost gave up and took it off. I find the brush too small, and the only way I can get the colour even is to apply it in very thick coats, and then apply a rapid dry top coat so I don't have to wait forever for it to dry.

on 12/4/2006 5:27:00 PM

Lady Godiva is a very deep, luscious blackened brown creme. It does require 2 thick coats or 3 regular ones to even out properly, but it is worth it! It's very similar to Creative Nail Design's Fedora, except that Lady Godiva is a warmer, redder brown, and Fedora is a tad cooler and plummier.

Pics:NailsSwatch continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really prefer this shade over OPI Lincoln Park After Dark and ESSIE's Wicked. I really like the chocolate richness of this shade. Almost black, but better. Really a dark, espresso shade. I am very fair, and this actually looks better on my skin than the other two shades I mentioned, which have more of an eggplant, violet undertone.
Lady Godiva is brown with more of a neutral, (wearable) base. Very sophisticated looking , yet edgy. Beautiful for fall/winter.

Popular Polishes