Clinique Facial Soap Mild

Clinique Facial Soap Mild
image 1image 2image 3

3.0

Sodium Palmate/Cocoate Palm Kernelate, Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Hedta, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5

on 8/12/2016 1:25:00 PM

This soap made my eyes sting like crazy and it dried out my skin. It's supposed to be 'Mild'! Very disappointed.

on 5/18/2016 5:58:00 PM

I had a good experience with this product on my back. This was a bit drying on my face, though. I repurchased it once . When I ran out of it for the second time I didn't repurchase because I found that the biotherm cleanser works better on my skin.

To Read all 264 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/22/2016 8:47:00 PM

Clinique Facial Soap Mild is the same as the soap in the men's line, the only difference is the container and shape of the bar.

This is one of Clinique's classic products which I enjoyed using diligently in the 90's. It was a much simpler line then and you did not have the option of other facial cleansers in the 3-step-system. It is important to note at this stage that both bar soaps are meant to be used as part of the system. The whole regime - cleanse, exfoliate, moisturise - is meant to work together.

Some may be put off by a couple of the petrochemical ingredients in the soap which act as a buffer but because you rinse the product off, there is no need to worry. Interestingly enough the ingredients in Clinique's Facial Soap Mild are virtually identical to Simple soap - give or take the added colours and preservatives.

Although the soap is fragrance there is a discernible medicinal scent which I picked up a lot more this time round. The soap itself is yellow and lathers up to a very creamy foam which rinses away cleanly. My skin did feel taught after use this time round and I was reluctant to keep using it as daily skin care. I also don't suggest getting the soap in your eyes because it really stings like crazy.

Clinique Facial Soap Mild is standard issue soap. I am seeing it now without the less informed eye of someone who only tried Clinique because their friend was using it. It was my first grown-up foray into high end skin care and once I got over the price and the runny lotion (never really totally warmed to the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion) I grew to like it and I got great skin. But at a price, it seems that the 3-step-system was too harsh for me and overstimulated my skin.

Having tried the soap again, I was unable to continue using it because it made my skin feel bone dry. I wasn't prepared to use it for a prolonged period of time. My days of using the 3-step-system are behind me although if you do decide to try it do bypass the alcohol laden Clarifying Lotions and go for the Mild Clarifying Lotion which is very gentle and does not contain SD alcohol, menthol or witch hazel.

Clinique Facial Soap Mild is super fatted and gentle yet it still left my skin feeling taught. Using soap on the face can be too harsh, even if you use one designed for facial skin. Simply put, it disrupts the acid mantle of the skin.

I would suggest trying Clinique's line of Liquid Facial Soap's instead particularly the milder ones and steering clear of the bar soap.

In many ways I think the Clinique 3-step-system belongs to another era. An era when the aggressive approach to skin care was in vogue. It certainly isn't anymore. And in spite of what Clinique say on their site about skin needs not changing since it's launch in 1968 - I strongly disagree. More than ever skin needs gentle yet thorough care. Using a bar soap and a chemical exfoliator twice a day when your skin is exposed to daily assault from environmental aggressors and biological factors seems outdated and outmoded. There is a lot more pollution around now than in 1968 and the pace of life has changed. All these factors impact the skin.

Good points? Lasts a long time so works out to be economical to use. Fragrance free.

Bad points? All the above. No longer moderately priced when compared to other department store brands.

To get "great skin" you need to stick to a gentle regime. Bar soaps are now a thing of the past. If you choose to shop Clinique avoid the soap and try one of their Liquid Facial Soaps (particularly the milder options) instead. You owe it to your skin.

on 7/5/2015 11:32:00 AM

This soap is very drying and does not remove makeup. I used this as part of an acne regime (with the toner and a Clinique moisturizer) but it was not effective. I had no difference in acne breakouts, but my skin did feel uncomfortably dry with this soap so I had to discontinue its use.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I was given this as a gift, so I'm not sure the actual price. Honestly, I can't tell if it's doing anything. At the same time, my face hasn't gotten worse. So maybe it's doing something? I also don't like the shape of the soap. It's awkward to hold in your hands to make a cream, but even more awkward to rub on your face.

on 2/20/2015 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have many mini bars of this, from various gifts-with-purchase. I've only tried it a few times but they do not impress me. I have oily skin and this product just doesn't work well for me. It is mild and non-irritating though. Probably meant for sensitive skin. I'll stick with my Neutrogena, thanks.

This is nothing but standard bar soap. I could find something just as plain and drab at my local drugstore. Certainly this soap is fragrance free but like most soap, no matter how expensive they are, almost always dry out the skin because by nature soap is incredibly alkaline and disrupts the acid mantle of skin and damages the skins' barrier!

So much for the medical image Clinique loves to portray. Any cosmetic chemist will tell you soap is alkaline, sure our skin works immediately to restore the PH balance, but why put it through all that stress?

Liquid facial cleansers will always be the best way to cleanse skin thoroughly and gently.

Soap is a very old fashioned and harsh way to cleanse skin. Nothing dries out and ages skin more than soap, period.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I keep repurchasing this soap all the time. For me it is a basic face cleansing product that I canít live without. It cleanses my skin properly and doesnít dry it out (contrary to a mild liquid soap from Clinique that dried my skin out like crazy). It has no particular smell and it foams nicely. It might sting a little bit when it gets into your eyes, so beware.

on 10/23/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For a mild (it says) soap bar from a great brand, i didn't find any mildness in the soap. I'm truly have a very dry-sensitive skin! Too bad i thought this mild soap will damp my dry skin, but unfortunately it wasn't! And i leaves my skin really tight , dry, and after all it leaves some lil red acne on my face! :( sorry but i wont to buy it again.

on 8/22/2014 9:54:00 AM

Would I buy this product again - absolutely not!
Would I recommend it to anyone - absolutely not!

I so wanted to love this product. At 80RM for 3 little soaps, including a dish it's quite good value considering how long others say they last. It's more travel friendly than my usual (and amazing) Nu Skin Clear Action Foaming Cleanser, and more readily available which is why I wanted to love it so badly. Sadly, it's no better than a typical $1 for 4 body bar of soap.

It didn't even clean my skin at all, let alone remove a light dusting of face powder. My skin didn't feel tight afterwards or anything uncomfortable, it's just completely ineffective.