Chanel No 5 Sensual Elixir

Chanel No 5 Sensual Elixir

4.4

I've had my 50 mil. bottle for about 9 years now and although, I didn't wear it very often because I didn't care for it. Senual Elixir has aged very well. It seems to have gotten stronger and more floral, at first it was very light and dried down to a light skin musk scent. I could hardly smell it, so I put it away for many years. Just the other day I started to try it again on my wrists and wore it for a few days. To my surprise it's alot stronger and I can really detect the top notes of neroli and jasmin with some musk in there and whilst sniffing my wrists constantly, it has now dawned on me that this fragrance, this Sensual Elixir smells like CLEAN LADY PARTS! It really does, its the only way I can describe it without being vulgar. It's very subtle but its there! It almost smells like a sex perfume I got from one of those fantasia/sex toy parties. Hense the name. Now I understand what Chanel had in mind with this lol! It's lovely and a nice way to wear No 5, but the fragrance itself is not my favorite, so I wouldn't repurchase and will not wear often. I'll save it for when I'm feeling a little frisky I guess lol! My bottle is pretty full and a little goes a long way so it will last forever.

on 10/24/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great perfume! It does smell like the original n. 5 but it also has a powdery finish which I personally love. It's also much lighter. The bottle is simple but elegant, so it fits the perfume perfectly.
If you like the smell of powder you're gonna love this!

on 8/19/2014 9:05:00 AM

I love this scent. The bottle is very fragile and I broke it while traveling. I cannot find it anywhere online. Does anyone know where I can purchase it?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I thought Chanel Chance edp was as good as it gets. then i got a Chanel No 5 Sensual elixer sample. It is to die for. I love the soft floral, supported by faint woody amber. It smells sophisticated, modern and classic. I am not familiar with No 5 so can't make any comparisons. But this perfume is gorgeous. Does Chanel make any bad scents? I'm trying to hone in on a signature scent. In the 1980s it was Oscar. Now Chanel is mking it tough. Guess I'll end up with a few fragrances..... As I also love Shalimar Initial and Voctor & Rolf Flowerbomb too. the four I've mentioned share similrities but the Chanel scents seem more complicated.

on 4/24/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I adore this scent! This is the only version of #5 I can wear. I currently wear Coco and Chance but this oil/gel is heaven. This is something I wear just for me and makes me feel cozy!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like many other reviewers, I wish this came in other incarnations, because it smells so amazing I want to take it with me wherever I go. Texturally speaking ... I'm not always in the mood to smear cold wet gel on myself but that's not necessarily a complaint, just a personal preference. Unfortunately the packaging makes it precarious to handle ... the bottle is VERY fragile. (I ordered a bottle online once and it came in pieces ... just a darn shame.) I'm not a perfumista but I would describe the scent as a kinder, gentler version of No. 5 that would work for everyday. It's definitely a touch sweeter and not as spicy. If you're working your way toward being an OG No. 5 kind of gal, this is a lovely stepping stone.

soft, powdery, sexy bedroom fragrance... this scent is to die for... everything i love about Chanel no 5 (without the sharpness)- starts out soapy then dissolves into a nice "milky chai tea "scent... lovely

*** you only need a small dab

on 12/6/2011 4:19:00 PM

OMG I love this scent so much, it's a softer, greener version of no. 5, which I also adore. I also love that it's more affordable than most of the other chanel scents, and it comes in a gel so it uses a stopper like a real parfum does, this makes it feel very elegant. It has decent staying power, wish it stayed longer, like all day, but most perfumes don't on me, my skin eats the scent quickly. I also wish they would come up with a couple more forms of this scent, like a spray edp or edt so I could use it as an all over scent and spray it on my clothes, etc.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Gorgeous - gorgeous - gorgeous. Every fragrance diva should have this in her collection. The Chanel rep at Macy's didn't know anything about this when I asked about it. She looked at me like I was a lunatic. I forgot it was called Sensual Elixir and referred to it as the fragrance gel. She was surprised to find it hiding in the cabinet.

Elegant, feminine, unusual, luxurious, golden, warm, sparkling and did I say GORGEOUS? I layer it with No 5 Premier for added staying power.

Unlike anything else. Nothing compares. So unique.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am inlove!! I love this product. I'm a fan of the iconic classic fragrance that is chanel no5, so i just had to have them all (no5 edp, premiere & sensual elixir). I love love this fluid body gel - its a much softer version of the no5 without the lemony fragrance that eau premiere has. its a beautiful smell - its soft, comforting and creamy flowery, I would recommend this to anyone who loves chanel no5. If possible, i might just adore this more than the perfume. I sometimes dab this onto my neck and wrists before I go to bed, just so i can smell it while drifting into sleep - its so comforting and cosy.

The bottle is so classic too, with the dabber you use to apply the gel to your skin. The gel feels great too - its not sticky, but not watery either. It just melts into your skin and wraps you into its flowery softness. I will repurchase this again and again. But this is hard to find tho - I ended up picking up the last bottle at the chanel counter. The sales lady told me they ordered five bottles the 2 days ago and the day before I bought mine they only had 1 left... (i guess i was lucky!) and i cant understand why

Popular Fragrances