4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

My all time favourite. I dropped my precious bottle and it broke! I know it’s discontinued but what I’m wondering is, is there another Chanel scent that comes close to this? I feel like I want to replace the warm, simplicity and femininity of this scent so badly. It really was perfection, and I’m so, so sad.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

7 months ago

This came up on my review feed and I own it. Just want to say how much I love it; my fave formulation of 5. Powdery yet deep and complex, rich. Haven't tried the 5 extract though. Kept on meaning to purchase it before it was discontinued.

About reviewer (263 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 months ago

My favorite scent and I’m not a No 5 fan. Very light powdery feminine on me. Sadly discontinued quite a few years ago. I’ve been stock piling bottles from eBay is how much I like this. Chanel please bring it back. But my stash will hold up a few years even with daily wear. Layers well with No 5 soap and hair mist. I’m probably on my 4th bottle and knock wood I’ve never broken a bottle.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I've had my 50 mil. bottle for about 9 years now and although, I didn't wear it very often because I didn't care for it. Senual Elixir has aged very well. It seems to have gotten stronger and more floral, at first it was very light and dried down to a light skin musk scent. I could hardly smell it, so I put it away for many years. Just the other day I started to try it again on my wrists and wore it for a few days. To my surprise it's alot stronger and I can really detect the top notes of neroli and jasmin with some musk in there and whilst sniffing my wrists constantly, it has now dawned on me that this fragrance, this Sensual Elixir smells like CLEAN LADY PARTS! It really does, its the only way I can describe it without being vulgar. It's very subtle but its there! It almost smells like a sex perfume I got from one of those fantasia/sex toy parties. Hense the name. Now I understand what Chanel had in mind with this lol! It's lovely and a nice way to wear No 5, but the fragrance itself is not my favorite, so I wouldn't repurchase and will not wear often. I'll save it for when I'm feeling a little frisky I guess lol! My bottle is pretty full and a little goes a long way so it will last forever.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Great perfume! It does smell like the original n. 5 but it also has a powdery finish which I personally love. It's also much lighter. The bottle is simple but elegant, so it fits the perfume perfectly. If you like the smell of powder you're gonna love this!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

from

6 years ago

I love this scent. The bottle is very fragile and I broke it while traveling. I cannot find it anywhere online. Does anyone know where I can purchase it?

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

I thought Chanel Chance edp was as good as it gets. then i got a Chanel No 5 Sensual elixer sample. It is to die for. I love the soft floral, supported by faint woody amber. It smells sophisticated, modern and classic. I am not familiar with No 5 so can't make any comparisons. But this perfume is gorgeous. Does Chanel make any bad scents? I'm trying to hone in on a signature scent. In the 1980s it was Oscar. Now Chanel is mking it tough. Guess I'll end up with a few fragrances..... As I also love Shalimar Initial and Voctor & Rolf Flowerbomb too. the four I've mentioned share similrities but the Chanel scents seem more complicated.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairGrey, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

7 years ago

I adore this scent! This is the only version of #5 I can wear. I currently wear Coco and Chance but this oil/gel is heaven. This is something I wear just for me and makes me feel cozy!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Other

7 years ago

Like many other reviewers, I wish this came in other incarnations, because it smells so amazing I want to take it with me wherever I go. Texturally speaking ... I'm not always in the mood to smear cold wet gel on myself but that's not necessarily a complaint, just a personal preference. Unfortunately the packaging makes it precarious to handle ... the bottle is VERY fragile. (I ordered a bottle online once and it came in pieces ... just a darn shame.) I'm not a perfumista but I would describe the scent as a kinder, gentler version of No. 5 that would work for everyday. It's definitely a touch sweeter and not as spicy. If you're working your way toward being an OG No. 5 kind of gal, this is a lovely stepping stone.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

7 years ago

soft, powdery, sexy bedroom fragrance... this scent is to die for... everything i love about Chanel no 5 (without the sharpness)- starts out soapy then dissolves into a nice "milky chai tea "scent... lovely *** you only need a small dab

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24