Avene Hydrance Optimale Legere (Light hydrating cream)

Avene  Hydrance Optimale Legere (Light hydrating cream)

3.5

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Cyclomethicone - Sucrose Stearate - Glycerin - Butylene Glycol - Sucrose Distearate - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol - BHT ? Carbomer - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Lecithin - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide

This is my favourite moisturiser!

I'm 33 and I have combination, sensitive skin with acne flare ups and dry patches. I've tried SO MANY moisturisers and spent a small fortune trying to find one that doesn't aggravate my face. I tried this on the recommendation of my grandma who is nearly 90!

I've now been using it for 3 years and it has definitely made a real difference. My breakouts are far less frequent and my skin feels soft. It's not sold as an anti-ageing product but this moisturiser has definitely improved the overall tone and texture of my skin.

on 9/17/2016 10:10:00 PM

I have the rich and light versions. I like the light version but i feel its a bit tacky for my liking. This will suite normal-oily skin types

I like using when its all summer or when weather is all moist and hot. But for colder season i would get a more hydrating moisturiZer

This light version didnt give me irriation or acne. It has no scent which i like the most

on 7/28/2016 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have gone through numerous tubes of this moisturiser and it is definitely my HG day cream. If you have normal to combination skin this moisturiser will be fab for you all year round, however if you are more dehydrated or dry then it might work better for you in the hotter months.

It is quite lightweight but still hydrating without being greasy. It has a slightly mattifying effect but your skin still looks fresh and plump. I do find as i'm getting older and my skin is getting more dehydrated that I need a bit more on the really cold days in winter however for summer this is perfect. It sits perfectly under foundation too!

on 6/23/2016 4:00:00 PM

I used this everyday and it has lasted ages so is worth the money, it's super light and doesn't feel greasy at all. I have the UV legere and it worked really well as a sunscreen too. The only issue would be that it doesn't moisturise very deep. Overall however a really good product which I would definitely buy again!!!

on 6/20/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was attracted to this moisturizer because it actually boasts zero comedogenic ingredients, without being all silicones. That is extremely rare. I do find the price a bit high seeing how this is a basic moisturizer with no magic or promises, but if it works, it is probably worth it. The one I have doesn't claim to be mattifying, but it doesn't make my skin shine either. I am unsure about how I feel so far. I used this for a week with satisfactory results, but then my skin became very irritated (possibly from a BP product), but I did not feel as though this was able to hydrate or soothe once my skin was flaking and irritated. I want to believe this was not the cause of irritation or caused breakouts, but other poster reviews saying their skin seemed to become irritated after a time raised a red flag. I will have to trial again once my skin is feeling on track before saying for sure. I am using Avene Cleanance Soothing Cream for the last couple days, and that seems to do a better job of moisturizing my flaky, irritated skin, but I think too heavy for twice a day. I will post back with results.

I love this product. I use the Avene line for my skin, I use the micellar lotion, the Ystheal emulsion for wrinkles, and this is my go to hydrating creme, it is perfect for the combination sensitive skin.
Goes well under makeup, but still I use a makeup primer on top of this. A great product for oily/ combination sensitive skin!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I like the smell, and the feel when I put it on. It works just fine as a moisturiser. Works well under makeup, but then again I don't put on heavy foundation ever really.

I actually like it a lot, but it doesn't do much, and I don't think the price justifies the value it brings. I wouldn't buy it again, because I think that for what it offers - a basic moisturiser - the cost does not justify the benefits you get.

Pros: It doesn't break me out, and it's quite soothing. Moisturises well for the summer. It's moisturising enough for the winter for me, but results may vary.

Cons: It doesn't have any actives in it, nor does it really *do* anything. For a basic moisturiser, you could do better for that price.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Nothing special. It has a light texture, quickly absorbed by the skin and does not leave it oily, so good to use before make-up. The scent is also light and lovely. But it's just a basic mouisturize and not one of the bests, especially compare to its price. It doesn't even have sun protection and does nothing other than giving a little moist and lovely scent. You could find a better mouisturizer for a cheaper price.

on 12/13/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Extremely disappointed with this overpriced product that doesn't deliver anything it claims it would. *I have oily/ combination skin and use Avene's extremely gentle cleanser in conjunction with Clinique's mild clarifying lotion.

I got this product about a week ago and incorporated it into my daily facial routine. It has a rich, luxurious creamy texture and glides on perfectly on application. It is fragrance free. It seemed to sooth the face as I often have redness.

But I've come to realize it has clogged a lot of my pores and is simply not doing a good job. After a minute or so my face goes back to feeling rather tight and dry. Also, I began breaking out all over my face thanks to this product from hell.

I am extremely disappointed in this product as I was so close to having a relatively flawless skin until this came along. Furthermore, it is definitely not cheap. It really does not make sense paying this much for a product that does as good a job as ... i don't know ... petroleum jelly? Will definitely not recommend this product. I'll keep my childrens' children away from this. I will update this review if i find a better product that does not break me out.

on 11/9/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I was reccommended to this product by the aesthetician where im having my laser and light treatment for my large pores, oil, acne, and acne scars problem. She said my skin was dehydrated so i thought why not give it a try! I absolutely regret my decision as this product is not cheap here. After my 2nd laser, my face has gotten smoother, less bumps, and overall more even. But after my 3rd laser, i bought this and wear it as night cream. It felt sticky and thick and I know I will never wear it at day. The next morning, my skin looks slightly "even toned". But at work at notice many new white heads have appeared! Now my face is all bumpy with new red spots here and there. Apparently it acts as comedogenic on my face! I really don't reccommend anyone with large and easily clogged pore to use this. I read someone also reacts to the safflower oil it contains.