Aromaleigh Voile [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

Mica,Titanium dioxide,Zinc Oxide, Silicon ( Silicon dioxide), and Iron Oxides

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a good bet for dry skin. Try the Glissade instead. Great color selection for us melanin deficient ladies!

The thing I love about this foundation is how my skin feels after I take it off. Besides that, it broke me out a little, didn't cover very well, and dried out my sensetive combo/dry skin. It is a decent product, but it wasn't the product for me.

on 9/15/2009 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For me this is a nice light & sheer foundation. At my age the
'' flawless look " is so aging & harsh. Samples are cheap, I found the best color match by blending equal parts of 3 different shades + 1 part silica powder. I apply my serums, then sunscreen ( eucerin spf 30 ) , let sink in, then using a concealer brush cover my broken caps around my nose, & finish by lightly brushing on the foundation. My flaws are blurred, skin tone is more even. FYI hated bare minerals.
Aromaleigh is a small business, shipping was fast, web site
is user friendly ( but takes a bit of navigation ).

Glissade was a disaster on my skin, and this was little better. While Glissade looked cake-y and dull, Voile appeared uneven and flaky/dry. I have been given many tips from other Aromaleigh users on how to better use this foundation, but absolutely nothing has made this product look even passably good on my skin. The yellow is too yellow, and adding N or L turns my skin greyish. The cool makes me look like a corpse. The warm makes me orange-y. The neutral just looks wrong. Back to Lumiere for me.

on 11/17/2009 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have used this for about two weeks now and so far I am in LOVE with this foundation. Normally foundation only looks good an hour or two on my oily acne prone skin (I have tried liquid, mineral, cream, and non-mineral powder foundations from almost every brand). This looked good for about four hours before I even needed a touch up and another four hours after that. This looked very natural on me and the 1C color was a perfect match for my VERY fair cool toned skin (something that has also never happened before). I know other reviewers have had trouble with this drying their skin out but I had no problems (although I did put a light moisturizer on first and I do tend to have oily skin). I also have heard negative things about Aromaleigh's customer service, and while I do not discount the experiences or opinions of other reviewers, I have so far had nothing but fast, efficient, and very helpful service from the Aromaleigh staff. The only thing I would note that I did not particularly like is that when I tried the wet application methods listed on Aromaleigh's website the foundation had a tendency to take on a somewhat orange tone (although I found that I could achieve very good coverage with the Ecotools retractable kabuki brush).

So far this is the best foundation I have EVER tried and have started recommending Aromaleigh to all of my friends.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I have to hand it to Aromaleigh for having one of THE BEST collections of colors for fair-skinned gals...I've tried my fair share of mineral makeup, but had never (at that point) found a foundation that was light enough for me...at Aromaleigh, they actually had shades that were too pale for me...I couldn't believe it! Over the years, I've tried BE (bismuth = burning, red skin; absolutely no color match for me either); Mineral Basics (irritated skin...but excellent color selection); Everyday Minerals (no color match for me; poor staying power; tried the O-glow, semi-matte, matte, and intensive); Lily Lolo (couldn't find the correct undertones to get a good color match); Aromaleigh (tried both the Voile and Glissade formulas; see the review below); and finally Meow Cosmetics (my one and only...I'm so glad to have finally found this company!! Perfect color match, no irritated skin, excellent prices!).

Anyway, back to my original review! After ordering countless samples (I think I ordered every undertone in all of the lightest-colored shades that they had) in both the Glissade and Voile formulations, I finally found a great color match: a mix of 1Y and 2Y. However, like so many other mineral makeup brands, this one irritated my skin, and turned it all red and blotchy :-( The other problem I noticed with this brand was that the foundations didn't appear to be blended thoroughly...when I'd go to buff the minerals on to my face, I'd get a streak of red/yellow, etc. pigment randomly showing up across my face...definitely not a good look, and not something I've ever had happen with the other mineral makeup brands that I've tried...that problem has definitely been unique to Aromaleigh.

If you're searching for very pale shades of mineral makeup, I'd say give Aromaleigh a shot, since it might work out for you...just be careful about the blending issue. However, I highly highly highly recommend Meow Cosmetics (and no, I'm in no way affiliated with this company!)...I'm absolutely in love with their mineral makeup, and I've finally found my long-sought HG, perfect match powder foundation...and I couldn't be happier with it :-)

on 7/23/2008 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really good stuff. I've been using 2YL mixed with a little 2Y for at least a year, and the shade match is perfect. If you've been irritated by the limited shade range of some MMU lines, you will be bowled over by the color choices in this one! I have such oily skin that I have shine all over my face by mid-morning. No foundation, including this one, has ever been able to conquer that. But Voile is non-irritating and I think it is more finely milled and softer than EM.

on 2/12/2009 2:37:00 PM

This is a nice, natural, silky formula that doesn't dry my skin. My shade is 2C2L, which perfectly matches my skin tone. Nice product.

on 2/10/2009 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

EDIT: Oh my god I can't believe how this stuff dried out my face in only an hour or so! My usually easygoing skin is parched, tight and irritated, and I'm breaking out in painful pimples. I've never reacted this way to *any* makeup before. I was going to hang on to my sample and use it for concealer but you couldn't pay me enough to get this stuff near my face EVER AGAIN!

Keep in mind that I'm reviewing this from a very limited background with mineral foundation, only Everyday Minerals, which I like but you know how it is, always on the hunt to see if there's something better. Also that I apply my foundation mixed with water: not on a damp brush, but mixed to a fluid. I don't know whether this affects its performance.

I was excited when I realized I found my exact color match in Voile (1PL which matches me much better than the closest Everyday Minerals I could find) but after I put it on I'm not so happy anymore. My skin feels tight and dry, and it has a "foundationed" look I don't care for, as opposed to the "I happen to have great skin" look of Everyday Minerals. Not only does my face look like it did back when I used liquid foundation, but it has the heavy made-up feel of those days as well, and the combination of the two is why I don't use liquid foundation anymore.

Maybe people who prefer a heavier, more made up look and don't mind the makeup feel would like this, but I don't even have dry skin and the tight feeling is bothering me enough that I think I'm going to go wash it off, so watch out for that. My experience just isn't that it glides on, melts in and looks like "my skin but better" the way they claim it will. And given Aromaleigh's horrible customer service and known issues with refusing to solve any problems that arise, it certainly isn't worth it.

on 3/28/2009 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Let me first start off by saying that I do not like powder foundations as a general matter. My first experience with them was Bare Escentuals (which I detest). I am a cosmetic experimenter and thought I would try the Aromaleigh ones and give it the old college try again, hoping for a different more favorable result this time. I ordered samples in both the Voile and the Glissade formulas. What drew me to Aromaleigh in the first place is that their colors go ultra fair. I am ultra fair and while I do prefer liquid foundations, most (if not almost all) companies do NOT go fair enough for me. So while I didn't quite want to try a powder again, I thought that maybe, just maybe, it would work for me this time AND I'd get a shade tha actually DID match me perfectly. I got the 00 in both the Voile and the Glissade and both were a dead on match to my neck (too light for my face, but I like to match my neck so they are the same).

So I was happy that the colors went light enough to accomodate us ultra fair gals. I buffed it on with a kabuki brush after priming my face with a mattifing primer and I set it with the Silk powder that I also got a sample of. I really liked how it looked in the beginning but then within 20 minutes I was reminded why I don't like powder foundations in the first place.

I am a fairly oily person. I'm not so oily that I look a used greasy frying pan, but I'm oily enough that I still become slick and need to use blotting papers in the winter time and indoors with the airconditioning on. Once the oils on my face started to kick in, the powder began to break up on my face in patches. Gross.

I normally wear MUFE Face and Body and find it just works better, as it works WITH the oiliness in my skin instead of trying to overly mattify my skin (which is a battle that can't be won).

I tried the Glissade one the next day and had the same result. I didn't want the samples to go to waste, so today (day three) I tried an experiment. I remembered that they said you could mix their powders with moisturizer so I decided to see what would happen if I mixed some with my usual MUFE Face and Body. I applied my usual mattifying primer, and then the powder/F&B combination. This time 'round, I got better more natural blendability and even though I DID get some breakthrough oiliness, I felt this combo was far more compatible than using the powder by itself.

Their website states that their Voile is good for oily skin types and even will withstand sweating. I think that's a load of B.S., personally. I'm not nearly half as oily as the oiliest of people and if *I* got patchy breakthrough oil in 20 minutes after application, I can't imagine it withstanding heavy perspiration or the super oily.

I would probably buy it again only if to mix in with my MUFE Face and Body as it gives me more coverage than just using the MUFE by itself and it even lightens the MUFE to a color that matches me a bit better.
But I just wouldn't wear it on its own.