The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), glycerin, pentylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, butylene glycol, elaesis guineensis (palm oil), glyceryl stearate citrate, isononyl isononanoate, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, sesamum indicum (sesame oil), squalane, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), aqua, panthenol (vit. B5), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, xanthan gum, bisabolol, avena sativa (oat plant).

on 4/19/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i usually use the same moisturizer morning and night but wanted to venture into night creams since i'm getting older and want the added benefits of a night cream. i didnt want anything too expensive and im on an aloe kick right now so I decided to try this out.

It was only $9 on promotion and while its a small jar it will last a good while because you only need a bit for your entire face each night. It does leave a SLIGHT greasy feeling on your skin but its not a problem for me since I'm going to bed. It's not like it shows up on your pillow or anything. It's a thick cream and I love how hydrating it is and that there is no fragrance. It hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores at all.

The packaging is an inconvenience but not a deal breaker. I don't mind the jar because I just make sure my hands/fingers are clean when i scoop out the product. A pump would be better but I imagine that when I get to the end of it, I'll be glad I have the jar.

This is my first night cream and I really like it. For something that doesn't break my bank and doesnt break me out, I'd repurchase. It's too early to say if this is going to have an amazing positive impact on my skin long term but what I can say right now is that it's definitely not harming my skin either.

on 2/23/2016 2:39:00 PM

Pros:
Moisturising
Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
Absorbs quickly
Doesn't smell nearly as bad as the day cream from the same line
No breakouts

Cons:
Like the day cream, this does leave a greasy-looking finish, though in a night cream that's not such a big deal.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Fragrance free
- Moisturizing, very thick cream
- Doesn't break me out

Cons:
- Jar packaging

on 11/9/2015 10:46:00 PM

I have to say I'm very surprised with this little gem from TBS. My skin went through a horrible phase of looking and feeling terrible - red, sensitive, dry and tight yet like an oil slick. No product on my face felt nice at all. I had been using the wrong products from Dermalogica for my skin, but didn't want to spend the money on more Dermalogica products so I researched for affordable options and Paula's Choice helped me decide on the aloe range from TBS - in particular the milk cleanser. I bought the small trial pack of the aloe range - milk cleanser, toner plus day and night creams. While the cleanser is indeed very gentle it didn't feel as if it cleaned my skin, the toner felt ineffective and the day cream felt horrible on my skin but the night cream is awesome!

I'm using moisturising Hado Labo foaming face wash (great product) and mineral spray as toner and apply the night cream (during the day as well) as my moisturiser. I apply it a little thicker under the eyes and I'm super happy with my convenient and affordable little routine.

I think the TBS aloe night cream was the product that helped get my skin back to normal.

I live in a very hot humid climate and I'm either in sub freezing aircon rooms, or outside in the 100% humidity and this cream copes with either. It feels nice in either aircon or outside providing I haven't applied it too thick.

It's funny, this is my first night cream ever and if it weren't for buying the sample pack from TBS I'd probably never have tried a night cream. I'm sure this product is great and I'll definitely repurchase but I'm curious now about what other night creams are out there and how great they might make my skin look!

on 6/25/2015 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As always, I do not understand why business are still using jar packaging. It's unhealthy, unhygienic, doesn't keep ingredients stable and.. they're just a mess! WIth that said, I would purchase this cream again if it was in a pump format, it's a good cream. I like the light scent and I like the texture of it, not too greasy but still a rich night cream. It's also true to the claim of being soothing... my skin feels good after using it.

on 4/9/2015 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product from The Body Shop. A little pricey but I tend to pick it up when I get 5 or 10 off with the loyalty card. It's the perfect amount of moisture for my skin, absorbs easily and is very gentle. I wake up with smooth, glowing skin. It also doesn't make my skin shiny which doesn't matter too much with a night cream anyway but means your face doesn't stick to the pillow and also, I quite like my skin to look nice even when just lounging around at home in the evenings. For anyone moaning about the pot format - there are plenty of other night creams out there that come in a tube so quit whinging - if you don't like a tub format - don't buy a tub format! Simple! As for me, I love a tub format for night cream, it gives me one less thing to knock over on my dressing table. And also, it makes it easier to get the last dreggs out. As for hygiene, I just wash my hands before I use it, which I'm sure most people do before putting cream on their face anyway. Great product from TBS, one of my favourites of their's.

on 1/26/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this. It does what it claims. I used this when I had an allergic reaction to a cleanser. It was so calming and moisturizing, and my skin felt so much better. I use this in the evening and as a day cream. I have oily skin and I thought this would be too moisturizing for daytime but its perfect! My skin feels plump and fresh. It sinks into the skin fast. I love that it is fragrance free. I will probably repurchase this some time in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This night cream is really amazing it's Fragrance, color and alcohol-free and the only night moisturizer along with jojoba oil that never makes my eyes puffy when I wake up in the morning , it's really great for the area around the eye and the whole face of course , will buy again as long as it performs the same way it does now also, its really soothing so it's the best after "face treatments" moisturizer to use , I mean after I exfoliate my face or after using any face treatment that a little bit harsh. please Body Shop DO NOT change a thing about this night cream

ingredients :
Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera Gel) (Skin Soothing Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Elaeis guineensis (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Myristyl Myristate (Emollient), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Sesamum indicum (Sesame Oil) (Emollient), Squalane (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Bisabolol (Skin Soothing Agent), Avena sativa (Absorbent).

on 3/19/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this cream after doing a lot of searching online for a good cream that isn't full of chemicals and wouldn't irritate my already red and very dry skin. Canadian winters aren't the most gentle on your skin, and my efforts of only using coconut oil left me with alligator skin. I wanted to get something that wasn't from a drugstore (you can't read half the ingredients on any of the products, especially Aveeno!), and something that would alleviate the redness but was reasonably priced. I settled on this Night Cream and used it that night. The tub isn't the most sanitary of containers, but you're usually putting on your creams after you wash your face so germs aren't my biggest concern. The smell is pretty neutral and the cream while thick, is quickly absorbed. The next day, I woke up and all my redness was GONE and my alligator skin was replaced with smooth, dewy skin.

I thought this was just a one-off, so after 3 weeks of using the product, I have to say I've found my HG moisturizer. I can't be all natural and use coconut oil, but this has given me my skin back. It's now permanently smooth, radiant and clear with no breakouts (besides my usual hormonal ones), and my blackheads have taken a vacation! I would definitely buy this again.

I also bought the Day Cream with equally great results :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Soothing night cream, feels lovely on the skin and sinks in well, comforts after cleansing and toning. will repurchase for sure.