e.l.f. Soothing Lip Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/19/2008 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm very sad because I don't think they sell this at their site at all anymore. Not even in the gift cases! WHY?! This product was GREAT! It had the most color "UMPH!" and it applied so well. Very nice minty smell. I have a bunch of the colors, Bark being my favorite. If they ever get this back I would def. but this again!

on 12/15/2006 11:48:00 PM

I got this in Grape Chill and Bark... Grape Chill is wonderful, minty feeling/tasting. (If you've ever tried e.l.f's lip plumpers, think of a toned down version of that and that's what soothing lipgloss is.) Bark was surprisingly pigmented, although it acts like most glosses and doesn't last that long, so I wind up with pinkish lips rather than the dark red that I started out with. But oh well, I just reapply, it's not a big deal. I definitly recomend Grape Chill! I'd re-buy, and I'll probably get some other colors.

on 9/2/2005 7:23:00 PM

i really like this gloss. i take points off because of the smell though [says it's supposed to be sugar peppermint, but it smells like tea tree oil to me]. can't smell it after application though, which is good. i got the shade 'chai' which is a shimmerless, sheer nude gloss. i think it looks great! definitely not disappointed, after shelling out a buck for it. i will probably repurchase when i run out, because this has been one of the few nude glosses that look right with my skin tone.

on 8/19/2005 3:37:00 AM

I bought Pink Lemonade. The color is a shimmery pinky-peach. The shimmer is not chunky glitter thank goodness. It goes on smoothly,no gritty feel and it's slightly sheer. The consistancy is fairly sticky which I prefer. It lasted a long time. There is an extremely slight sweet peppermint scent and no taste. My lips tingled for a moment then it was gone. The applicator is a slanted sponge tip which I love but I have a feeling this tube is going to leak. When I put the applicator back in the tube it overflows a bit around the top. Still I love it so I would buy it again.

Really fake color and very sticky (I tried pink lemonade and chai).

on 6/13/2005 10:13:00 AM

I tried several E.L.F products from Target. this is the only one I liked. Got it in Mauve Luxe which is a pretty MLBB berry shade. I will stock up on a few of these. Mint flavored and pretty long lasting. Better than a lot of expensive glosses. Made in China.

Several other products said oil-free, but listed mineral oil in the ingredients. ??????

I bought this just because i'm an addict. I was expecting it to be cheap and ugly, but the color goes on really nice. I have it in pink lemonade and it goes well w. my skin. The soothing mint flavor is yummy, and has a cool effect on our lips. I'm planning on going back to target to buy more E.L.F

on 1/28/2005 1:48:00 PM

this stuff is the best! and for the price ($1) you cannot find anything better. i love the whole e.l.f. lip line...its just great

So I read about this new e.l.f. line in a chickmag a couple of months back and immediately checked out their website. Huge array of products...and *everything's a dollar.* Everything. (This should knock Wet'n'Wild on it's collective ass.) So, bought a selection of the lipglosses for myself and friends (okay, I bought twenty) and surprise, surprise -- they're quite good. Nice creamy non-sticky texture, PLENTY of pigment, and a mild minty scent. I've got Bark (badly named - it's a transparent Merlot color), Cabernet (lovely transparent cherry red - more color than the Smashbox gel in Lit) and Mauve Luxe (medium-light nude rose with a golden shimmer - ooh-la-la!) How nice to have a line that's A) decent quality B) has lots of colors and C) is so dirt cheap you can buy every one, shove 'em in your pockets, and not freak out if you get drunk and leave it on the bar. Hooray!