e.l.f. Cosmetics Soothing Lip Gloss

e.l.f. Cosmetics Soothing Lip Gloss

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

This is a great lip gloss for the price.
The packaging of the product is wonderful!
THere is a lot of staying power, and I don't have to re-apply this lip gloss 800 times during the day.
However, it tastes AWEFUL! So i'm glad I don't have to re-apply it more than once or twice a day.

I purchased the gift package of glosses from Ross, and I gave my daughter some...and kept my favorite colors...but...the taste is overwhelmingly...YUCK!
I'd buy again...the product itself is great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I picked up 3 of these at Target & for a buck apiece (Pink Lemonade, Natural Blush, Mauve Luxe) they're not bad, not bad at all. I personally don't smell, taste or feel ANY vanilla-mint as the package claimed (even on bare lips), but on the plus side they don't smell or taste like anything. All shades are more pigmented and stickier than I expected, lasting awhile after application and felt fairly moisturizing. The main thing I dislike is the applicator; the slanted flocked tip sometimes swivels around with the dial on the bottom to dispense, so half the time it's facing the wrong way until you fix it. For a buck though, did I really expect more? The answer, clearly, is no. However, I have a bazillion glosses/balms already so now that my curiosity is sated I won't be buying these again.

on 8/19/2005 3:37:00 AM

I bought Pink Lemonade. The color is a shimmery pinky-peach. The shimmer is not chunky glitter thank goodness. It goes on smoothly,no gritty feel and it's slightly sheer. The consistancy is fairly sticky which I prefer. It lasted a long time. There is an extremely slight sweet peppermint scent and no taste. My lips tingled for a moment then it was gone. The applicator is a slanted sponge tip which I love but I have a feeling this tube is going to leak. When I put the applicator back in the tube it overflows a bit around the top. Still I love it so I would buy it again.

on 5/1/2005 10:52:00 PM

I found these in the travel section at Target and picked up Mauve Luxe and Chai. For a dollar, they're surprisingly good! I like the tingle that they give, and the color is nice and sheer. I would definitely purchase these again.

on 12/15/2004 5:31:00 PM

Great stuff! I have this in Mauve Luxe, a nice neutral pinky-berry colour. Love it so much! Great colour and consistency. And so cheap!

So I read about this new e.l.f. line in a chickmag a couple of months back and immediately checked out their website. Huge array of products...and *everything's a dollar.* Everything. (This should knock Wet'n'Wild on it's collective ass.) So, bought a selection of the lipglosses for myself and friends (okay, I bought twenty) and surprise, surprise -- they're quite good. Nice creamy non-sticky texture, PLENTY of pigment, and a mild minty scent. I've got Bark (badly named - it's a transparent Merlot color), Cabernet (lovely transparent cherry red - more color than the Smashbox gel in Lit) and Mauve Luxe (medium-light nude rose with a golden shimmer - ooh-la-la!) How nice to have a line that's A) decent quality B) has lots of colors and C) is so dirt cheap you can buy every one, shove 'em in your pockets, and not freak out if you get drunk and leave it on the bar. Hooray!