e.l.f. Soothing Lip Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have e.l.f.'s Soothing Lip Gloss in Pixie, a glittery hot pink. I think I got for $1 at Target; I don't remember because it's been so long & like another reviewer wrote, I don't think that this lip gloss is sold anymore. For being a $1 cosmetic, this is so pigmented & the colour payoff is amazing! It's so pigmented that it can be worn over a lipstick or alone. The formula is pretty thick, but I don't mind it because the staying power is amazing, too. I don't really care for the smell; to me, it kind of smells like bubblegum chemicals.

on 2/19/2008 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm very sad because I don't think they sell this at their site at all anymore. Not even in the gift cases! WHY?! This product was GREAT! It had the most color "UMPH!" and it applied so well. Very nice minty smell. I have a bunch of the colors, Bark being my favorite. If they ever get this back I would def. but this again!

on 10/21/2007 6:03:00 PM

I have this in pink kiss, i think that's the name and i LOVE it, ONLY when i use my lip brush to apply it. Using the lip brush makes a HUGE difference. It looks gorgeous when applied with the lip brush which is great especially since the lip gloss only costs a dollar! I've bought this shade several times, and i love it, i just wish the lip brush was attached to the top cover, that way i wouldn't have to always get use my lip brush.

on 12/15/2006 11:48:00 PM

I got this in Grape Chill and Bark... Grape Chill is wonderful, minty feeling/tasting. (If you've ever tried e.l.f's lip plumpers, think of a toned down version of that and that's what soothing lipgloss is.) Bark was surprisingly pigmented, although it acts like most glosses and doesn't last that long, so I wind up with pinkish lips rather than the dark red that I started out with. But oh well, I just reapply, it's not a big deal. I definitly recomend Grape Chill! I'd re-buy, and I'll probably get some other colors.

on 10/31/2006 3:54:00 AM

I love this stuff. I love the tingling sesation, and I like how its not sticky and the color is sheer, but still has alot of pigment. perfect balance. My only complaint is the weird smell my lips get after I wear it for a little while. Why doesn't just stay minty? Other than that, I love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have it in Mauve Luxe. It's fantastic, and out of the glosses I have from E.L.F. (Moisture Care and Hypershine) I like it the best. I like the minty tingly feel and the color is sheer enough to look natural on my already pigmented lips. It's great for the price.

I'm asian, have this in Pink Lemonade and Chai.

I love Chai for it's smell and soft nude colour, Pink lemonade is nice too, brightens up my face but the smell is awful! Too minty? I highly recommend the moisture care lip colour than this is P.Lemonade though.

I got this lip gloss in Pink Lemonade, and it gave the cutest pink sheen I've ever seen (on myself, haha). It's a really small tube, and it's rather goopy, but for $1 makeup, how can you say no? I was really sad to discover that I had twisted it too far and cracked the top. So it had to go in the garbage, but I wasn't too brokenhearted because I could just buy another, no problem! :)

on 1/16/2006 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

Wowzers. I thought I'd hate this brand, seeing a lot of the negative reviews. However, I love this colour and formula, and...the price.

Okay: this product is a small tube of rather thick lipgloss. You use a rather honestly shabby applicator. I love the smell, which is a sugary mint.

It's interesting that the products cost only one dollar. The packaging is nice, the outer packing material is flashy, and the product is good. It says that they don't test on animals and they support charity, dunno how much that is true. In any case, it's a great line. You can get their stuff on http://www.eyeslipsface.com or at some Target stores.

I bought this one in Chai. It's a nice tannish, yellowish nude that is surprisingly wearable. It can either be sheer or very opaque if you layer it. The taste and smell are lovely. It's also very conditioning and lasts awhile on the lips. There is a minty tingle that feels refreshing. I like this colour and I'm very pale and cool-toned, but I imagine it would work on a lot of skin colours since it's only a very subtle yellowish.

This product is excellent - I agree - Mauve Luxe tends to be an excellent shade on ANYONE. You can save an extra 10% off of the website when ordering if you use coupon code # BUZZ126

Thanks!