4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Works quickly, you don’t have to leave it on for long. Can be a little messy. Right after you take it off you can see your face looking smoother and refreshed.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I heard papaya was a good exfoliate for sensitive skin so i grabbed a trial packet of this from target. It tingles or i guess slightly burned? Nothing bad though, i figured id feel something of the sort anyways. I washed it off after 5 mins and my skin looked n felt so nice. I ended up purchasing the full size because of this. Ill probably try the other products in this line as well.

About reviewer (735 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I have used this mask for years. It is the only mask that makes my skin look refreshed and healthy. I usually leave it o for 15-20 minutes which may be too long for sensitive skin. It does make your face red for a few minutes after washing it off but it quickly just turns to a healthy glow. I think I've gone through 10+ jars of this stuff over the years. Great value & results!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have sensitive skin and this does not bother me at all but the results are surprisingly good. Every time I use it, strangers compliment me on my skin. It is a cool gel that you leave on your face for 5 minutes. I have left it on for longer with no ill effects. No animal testing. !00% vegetarian. A little goes a long way. Highly recommended and the price is right.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I love this stuff and have been buying for years! Have tried many more expensive, newer products, but always return to this for a quick skin pick me up. I use a lot of strong products on my face, prescription and otherwise, and sometimes develop flaky or dry skin. I apply this mask in the shower and remove with a Clarisonic or washcloth and emerge with truly glowing, clear skin. Will this mask get rid of more serious issues like melasma or sun damage? Probably not. I go for professional grade chemical peels for that kind of issue. But for a beautiful skin brightening-up that makes makeup go on flawlessly and gets rid of any kind of dullness? Love it and it will forever hold a place in my routine. I have tried multiple enzyme peels from other, generally more expensive brands (Juice Beauty, Andalou Organics, Peter Thomas Roth, Z. Bigatti, Ren, etc) and just keep coming back to this one.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

Not impressed at all. Have been using it for almost a month and no difference in look and feel of my skin.The texture of this mask is very gooey and seems like it's mainly just aloe. I would not purchase this again and don't recommend it. Waste of money for me.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I love this mask! It is gentle yet I do feel tingling after a couple minutes. It smells fantastic and makes my skin feel soft and refined. I will always use this mask, as long as they make it!

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

Guys, seriously. Use a spoon to get the stuff out, it's not rocket science. Anyway, I really like this mask so far. Did not bother my skin and seemed to help fade post acne marks. I have very sensitive skin so I'll know in a day or so if a mask isn't working, and this one is great for me.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

My facialist recommended this to me and I appreciate her not trying to sell me her fancy products at the Derm. She told me to go to whole foods and pick it up and I did. She advised me to use this once every two weeks as it takes a few weeks for our skin to regenerate new cells. She also told me I should leave it on in the shower while I'm shaving my legs or giving myself a hair mask. 15 min and voila. New skin. I've Ben using it while I steam my face and so far so good. Love the smell and how my skin from after.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

This stuff is so good. It never disappoints. I picked it up years ago on a whim (I was drawn to Alba's look and price point) and was impressed by the instant results. I've tried several pricier enzyme peels and masks and I always come back to this one. I just picked up a new jar at Marshalls (and honestly, the tub lasts for-ev-er). It does sting/tingle for about 30 seconds and then begins to cool on the face. I agree with other reviewers that you don't have to rush to wash this peel off. I've personally left it on while soaking in the tub for a half hour with no ill-effects. That being said, YMMV. I don't take issue with the jar's hygienic properties, but it's possible that the jar exposes the product's active ingredients to oxygen and light, which may deteriorate the product. I'm only saying this because I'd love if Alba put it in a tube. I've promised myself to use this peel more frequently (like 2x per week) because I see such good results! I'm pretty lazy about extras like masks and peels, but they really make a huge impact for me. FWIW, my face can be really sensitive to overdoing it but I've never had a reaction to this stuff.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium