MAC Blot Powder

MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Mica, Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Methicone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

I’m NC20 olive and wear shade Light. I prefer the lightest shade as I see it as a translucent product; it disappears into my skin after a few minutes of wear.

I set my foundation or sunscreen with Make Up For Ever Ultra HD loose powder and carry Blot in my purse to keep oil at bay. I always Blot with a blotting tissue first, then apply a dusting of Blot powder. I think it’s a really effective powder that instantly refreshes my face.

I have sensitive eyes and find that it doesn’t irritate my eyes at all when applied on the lids.

I am giving four stars as it is not as finely milled as I’d expect a 5 star product to be.

on 11/22/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for years. It works. I have very oily skin and this mattifies wonderfully. Light is extremely light and will work for pale skin tones. Try it. You won't regret it.

on 9/9/2017 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use this in shade Medium/Dark and it is a good match / slightly darker than my skin. It's perfect for when I have too-pale foundation on.

I don't use this as setting powder, I bring it with me throughout the day to touch up when I get oily. I blot the oil off, (optionally reapply sunscreen) and apply this powder all over my face (as it is invariably *entirely* oily) with a retractable kabuki brush. It keeps me nice and matte for the next 4 hours or so.

My mother tried to convert me to the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk powder but I can't justify paying $60 for a powder compact when I expect so little from it and the $30 one is doing its job well enough.

MAC is such a hit n miss brand for me, slowly getting tired from all the misses and mehs. This powder is soooo dry however it doesn't keep my face matte for a long time. 2-3 hours under the office light and it needs a retouch. But the biggest pet peeve - it breaks my chin area :(
Pros: nice shade selection
So-so: high end price tag; awful sponge
Cons: not for acne prone sensitive skins, might break you out; doesn't keep the face matte for a long time; dry face look after applying
No go fo me...

I use the light color and my undereyes look bright and perfect when i use this i have acne prone skin and this product is a shine killer

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite pressed powder for touching up throughout the day. I'm a light olive (C2), and have this in the shade Medium/Dark which is a bit too dark looking at the pan, but the powder itself has little color to it so it matches beautifully. After using this, my makeup looks completely fresh and matte again. I love the mirror and packaging (It hasn't broken like all my other powders), and I do use the puff. This does not really cake up on me unless my makeup already looks caky from before.

This is a mattifying powder that helps to take away shine and oil. It does a pretty good job at doing that. You can use it as a setting powder or touch up powder. The texture is a bit hard and dense, not as fluffy as careblend or sheer select. There is little pigment so it deposits very little colour. I used this as a touch up powder (I use careblend light plus to set my foundation).

I'm NC 20-25 oriental yellow skin and medium dark is more suited to my skin tone. I also have it in medium but I would say it's more suited to NC 15-20, as it looks really white and pasty on me. The colours run very very light.

My problem with this blot powder is that it kind of makes my face look a bit grey and ashy. There's not enough yellow pigment in blot powder so it looks really weird on my face. It has very little pigment but it is still noticeable on my face. You can tell I have a layer of powder on. It's hard to describe, but I feel like it makes my face appear a bit duller. With my asian skin tone, I have to use a yellow undertone powder otherwise it will look really off and noticeable.

I have dry ageing skin with rough texture and fine lines. I feel with blot powder, it makes my skin look even more dry and cakey. It doesn't sit as nice on my skin. It's not the powder fault, it's more like my skin type and skin tone isn't suited to this powder.

I don't know if my skin type changed or I just didn't pay much attention until recently, but this product is just okay for the price. I wear it over Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet. In the morning I set my makeup with Chanel's loose powder. I buy the Blot Powder just to keep me matte throughout the day. It only keeps me matte for an hour or two before I have to reapply. The constant touch ups seems to cause a cakey look.

I will try setting my makeup with this powder to see if that will help avoid caking. But if that doesn't work, on to the next product!

Also, I am about an NC15 or 20 (max), and the light is WHITE! I recommend going a shade darker than you typically would.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm surprised by huge amount of high reviews for this powder.

Pros:
- it's completely invisible, exactly how setting powder should be

Cons:
- it badly brakes me out each time I'm trying to give it a chance (I have very sensitive skin)
- it isn't long lasting, it requires couple of touch-ups during the day
- it makes my reddish skin tone look ashy (it oxides a lot after 2 hours)
- it dries out the skin

on 11/8/2016 8:29:00 AM

MAC foundations and face powders (aside from blushes) just do not work for my skin type. After using this for just a couple of days my face broke out with tiny white bumps on the top of my nose and on my cheeks. I stopped using and the bumps are gone. I also felt like after only a week or so I started to get hard pan and really had to work my brush into the product to get anything onto the brush. BTW I spot clean my brushes after each use, so it's not like I was using a dirty brush. This is going back and I'm sticking to my tried and true Loreal True Match powder.