MAC Blot Powder

MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 9/21/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

For reference, I have very oily skin with dry patches around my nose, and I have an Asian complexion. I've only used this product in cold-warm weather so not sure yet how it holds up in hot weather.

Oh my goodness, I cannot contain my happiness that I've finally found a powder that can control the oil slick party that is my face. For years, I had been using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and I was relatively content with it; it was affordable and got the basic job done. However, after my most recent repurchase, I found that either Rimmel changed their formula or my face was just becoming too much for it to handle because the Stay Matte powder was only keeping me matte for 30 mins to an hour before my face turned oily, oilier than usual. Plus there was glitter in the formula when there wasn't any before and I don't like glitter in my face powder. So I decided not to use it anymore and find a better product.

I bit the bullet and forked out the extra cash for this MAC Blot Powder and gals, I have to tell you, it was worth. every. penny. It is 1000x better than the Rimmel Stay Matte powder ever was. This kept my face matte all day and even after about 8 hours, I still didn't need to reapply! I took my makeup off after that, so I don't know what the staying power is like after 8 hours, but I'll come back and update this review when I do find out.

I use the shade Medium/Dark but the powder is very sheer anyway and doesn't add much colour. I apply this with my Zoeva 106 Powder brush and it is very natural looking, doesn't look cakey at all. It also doesn't emphasise the dry patches on my face.

A little goes a very long way so I'm sure this whole compact will last me a really long time. But I definitely will be repurchasing.

on 8/4/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MAC Blot powder is a staple for SOOOOOO many people - make up artists and regular people alike. I use Light and it is terrific - just not cheap.

To Read all 1184 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/29/2016 6:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My fave blot powder! This stuff is great- you only need a bit and it lasts a fair while depending on how oily your skin is. A compact will last forever. My only gripe would be the lack of range in color, but that wasn't a problem for me.

on 6/17/2016 2:42:00 PM

I threw this out before i even used up half of it. At the beginning it does it's job, it absorbs the oil. Sadly, i find myself having to constantly touch up and apply more of this product to absorb the oil. By the end of the day, i look like a mess. It cakes up in all the wrong places and i found that the powder is pretty rough (not the kind that feels weightless and invisible). Overall i was extremely disappointed in this blot powder, you'll be better off with just setting powders.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Blot powder is a great way to sop up oil on your face during the day without reapplying makeup. It doesn't leave your face a cakey mess. I use it to touch up my face when i use my studio fix.

on 4/15/2016 9:44:00 AM

Does it job very well and get rid of the oil on my t zone. Using it at least 4 to 5 times a day

Wonderful touch up powder. A little bit actually makes my t zone shine go away and it doesn't look cakey or anything. The shades are very sheer and you should go darker for a more natural finish. I'm an NC 20 but I use this blot powder in medium dark. And it looks perfectly natural on me.

on 2/18/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Very disappointing product!!! Did not do anything for my oily T-zone. Always caked up. Looked unnatural (and I did apply a very, very thin layer!). This powder did not even work with an oil-free primer + oil-free foundation. Not repurchasing. I switched to Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting powder and it is the balm!!

on 1/7/2016 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I switched to this from MAC's Select Sheer and it's exactly what I was looking for. I looked for something less expensive, but nothing was available.

on 12/31/2015 1:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried dozens of powders in hopes of finding something that will keep my matte and this by far does it the best! It keeps me matte for hours and hours at a time