3.7

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 months ago

I have combination oily skin: my skin gets rather oily at my T zone but also my cheeks, but I also get dry skin on my nose (my nose skin is very sensitive, even blowing my nose a couple of times with balsam tissues triggers peeling skin), sometimes around my eyebrows, and if it's really bad also my cheeks and T zone/forehead. I've tried a number of different skin care products, to varying degrees of success. Now, the Aesop b triple c is supposed to be good for balancing out combination skin, hence the name. There are reviews that swear by this moisturiser, some of which have only been using it for a short time. I did wonder why I had seen no in depth reviews online via blogs or YouTube channels, and now I see why. For £85, you get a disappointingly small jar of product; eh, it's a thick gel, maybe it'll last. (Spoiler, I got mine about 2 months ago, only used what stayed on my finger tip when I dipped it once a day, and it's about 75% used up.) I don't have an issue with the consistency, it's interesting to have to warm up the product in order for it to spread, and once it has it doesn't take too long to sink in. I've seen reviews that say it works as a good base for makeup - this is questionable. My face has a shiny finish after application, so I have to rub it in further or dab off the excess, and I've definitely used products that give my makeup a more #flawless finish (more on that later). Well I'll forgive that, I suppose not every product can have everything. After applying makeup including setting powder and setting spray, I go about my day in my very non-strenuous office job. About 3 hours in from initial application, my skin is already oily, and I'm already blotting in the bathroom. Not a good start. I end up blotting 2-3 times a day to keep the oil levels down, my makeup isn't even and smooth, and it's generally just an unwanted and unnecessary faff. Not only that, my dry skin is drier than ever, with even my cheeks and forehead flaking away like there's no tomorrow. Especially with the weather getting colder as winter begins, my skin is absolutely suffering, it is not nourished and/or balanced at all! This has led me to become somewhat frustrated with this "balancing moisturiser" as I have not seen any positive effects since using it, and £85 is quite the dent in my bank account for something that blatantly doesn't work. I went back to my old moisturiser just for a comparison and my GOD is the difference staggering. I use the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base; it smells delicious, is very moisturising and definitely more balancing than the Aesop b triple c. "Face Base" means it is a great base for makeup, giving a flawless finish all day long. Within 1 use after using the Aesop moisturiser for the last 2 months, the dry skin on my cheeks and forehead disappeared entirely - and it's more affordable. They are bringing out a 100ml jar for £62, and bear in mind the 50ml jar lasted me a full year! My advice - give Aesop a miss, there's a reason it has no attention from skincare experts. For combination skin like mine, go for the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish collection, followed by the Bobbie Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base for a complexion best described as "perfection".

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

2 years ago

This product is super sticky and really thick so apply a little at a time. I like to mix it with other facial oil (I'm currently using The Ordinary Rosehip Oil) to make it a bit more slippy and pat it (not rub it) onto my skin. I use it around 5 times a week and it did wonders to my acne scars and overall, my skin brightened and my skin tone evened out visibly. It has a highly potent level of Vitamin C so it helps with anti aging too. I already repurchase my second bottle despite the crazy price (I find it cheaper in Australia than in London) simply because it works and I don't want to waste my money trying out cheaper alternative that does not work because the accumulated price will be higher and more wasteful anyway. My skin does break out occasionally but this is definitely not the cause of it. The only thing I dislike about this product, besides the price, is the packaging. Dipping fingers into the bottle is obviously unhygienic but I guess the thick formula would have a hard time coming out of a squeeze tube...

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

This is an expensive pot of treatment but boy does it work! It's thick like honey so a little goes a long way. I dip my spatula into the jar once and then scrape the "honey" onto my palms, rub them together and then pat onto my face and neck. It goes on thick and sticky but in about 10 mins, it's all absorbed into the skin and the tackiness is gone. My skin does look clearer and more glowy the next day. One of the better overnight treatments I've used before.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I read a lot of reviews online that said next morning after applying this product, the skin was just glowing. So I purchased it even though it was pretty expensive. It was very sticky and I didn't like it at first. Then I mixed it with the Aesop parsley serum and rub the mixture in my hands first until it turned a bit white and applied to my skin. The next morning I DID find my skin glow! Now I used it once a week after fully exforliating my skin. The only thing I don't like about this product is its price.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

5 years ago

Ahh I had such high hopes! It is very expensive and it doesn't anything special to my skin.

About reviewer (288 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I haven't purchased this as it's really pricey! But I always try to lie to the SA and say I haven't tried it so they give me samples. Lovely product and makes my skin look so nice the next morning when applied in the evening. I think I will have to purchase this but I need to run out of my other Aesop serums first.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

7 years ago

This is a beautiful product. I suffered from dry, sensitive and flakey skin due to acne medications and dry weather, and nothing, nothing protects and soothes my skin like this product. This product has a honey consistency in the jar and immediately solidifies when you touch it, so it can be hard to spread, and appears shiny on the skin when you first apply it, however I find if I put the product on the driest areas of my face and then apply my moisturizer, it spreads and absorbs into the skin nicely

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

7 years ago

This product has a very sticky texture that makes it a little hard to apply but once you overcome that hurdle it is a pretty good product. It also has a very botanical scent which some people may not like but I don't mind it. It hydrates the skin but not extremely so - I would use this more in the summer or in more humid climates and switch to something heavier during the winter. After a night application, my skin is supple and glowing the next morning. It's a little pricey but if you wanted to go into the $100+ range it's not a bad product to try out.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

7 years ago

After receiving a handfull of samples of this at Aesop, and trying it for a week, I was hooked. I tried going without for a few days, but my skin looked dull and a bit oily, so I headed straight back to Aesop and spent... way too much money... on this jar of honey-like potion. I love the texture. I know it's not everyone's favourite, but it feels fresh and a bit sticky, then melts into the skin. The SA recommended using it three or four times a week, but my skin loves this every night. I wake up with matte, smooth, fresh-looking skin. Not sure I can give this up!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

1.0

7 years ago

Junk product. Leaves your face feeling sticky all day, does nothing for the skin. I have seen no results after shelling out the $110 for this godawful gel. I can't figure out why or how they're marketing the aloe vera juice as the first ingredient. Regular gel actually sinks into the skin, this stuff sit's on top, stays wet looking, and somehow actually managed to make my skin greasier than when it started. It's bad enough that I'm leaving the Aesop line in my dust. The moisturizing creams aren't bad, but you can find FAR better (sans parabens, sulfites, and pthalates) for a FAR better price elsewhere. Love the labels on the products though.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair