Cargo Cece lipstick

No Image

4.8

on 5/11/2007 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The perfect berry shade in a sheer creamy formulation. The color appears frightfully dark in the tube, but smooths out to a sheer berry tint on the lips. I can see this working with different skin tones (I am a medium-tan with cool undertones). Some people might say that the formulation is a bit on the dry side, and I have to say I was concerned when I used the lipstick for the first time. It lasted through lunch and beverage and wore off evenly. Instead of leaving my lips dry, as I had feared, they felt moisturized--which is unusual, as most lip products leave my lips dry and flaky. Since the formulation is a bit on the dry side, I was also surprized when I realized how light-weight the product is; I barely felt as if I was wearing a lip product, but there was this nice berry sheen to my lips. So five lipsticks it is, for this wonderful, moisturizing lipstick!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am fairly light and have been looking for a berry shade of lipstick. CeCe is that perfect berry shade of lipstick that I have been looking for. It goes very nice with my complextion. CeCe is not too bright or too dark, just right. Furthermore, the lipstick is moisturing, so my lips don't look dry or chapped. I'll will purchase this lipstick again. It is worth the price

on 4/21/2005 12:55:00 PM

A perfect semi-sheer deep garnet berry-red, so you get a lovely color without the heaviness or old lady density of a cream lipstick. I was especially pleased by the texture, soft and smooth without being overly greasy or waxy, no taste whatsoever. The case is kind of cheap (clear plastic). I have dark hair and light-medium skin so this works nicely as it did for Courteney Cox Arquette who designed it.

on 10/4/2003 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am an addict of red lipsticks (my HG) and this one is perfect for those times when I want the hint of red but not the intensity. I have virtually colourless lips (I look like a cadaver without any lippie) and I like the way CeCe gives me that naturally rosy just bitten my lips look. I like how it goes on sheer but also how I can make it more intense if I want with further applications. If you are looking for a red but too scared to use the more traditional red lipsticks, this is the one for you. I also like the consistency: it's sort of waxy but not unpleasantly so and it stays on much longer than glossy lipsticks. And even when it is wearing off, it looks okay. This is my #1 red lipstick.

UPDATE: 01/21/2005 Just bought my 4th tube so that's how much I like this. You won't be disappointed.

My skintone (NC30) must've changed since I bought this, b/c it looks fuschia on me now instead of the sheer dark red it used to be. Maybe this is just one of those "seasonal" colors on me. Try this if you can pull off fuschia-reds really easily, but if you can't, stay away!

I agree with reviewer jeanki below completely. This is a gorgeous berry plum color and the texture is perfection. Its light and yet gives a great color payoff and is still sheer. I think its the very best shade in this new Cargo PlantLove lipstick. It is as another reviewer said, sheer and semi-glossy and has good lasting power. This could reach HG status for me. I knew it the instant I put it on and predict this will be a big hit with lots of MUAers. It is a great modern looking lipstick and is also moisturizing. I would have bought it the first week it was out, but my local Sephora was out of it. Luckily, I checked back this week and they had more. I love it. Highly recommend. $20 at Sephora. Works great with my skin tone, which is PPP (MAC NC20) neutral to warm and really looks nice with my green eyes. You gotta try this one.

on 7/1/2003 10:30:00 AM

The sheer colour is so complimentary and the staying power is excellent. Gives a wonderful healthy look but can be layered for a deeper hue. Love, love this.

on 6/30/2002 2:08:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. It's one of the most beautiful sheer, semi-glossy shades! On me, it is a sheer berry/light burgundy color. I had one problem -- I had one in my purse (with various other lipsticks) and it somehow melted (the others were not affected). Also, since the container is clear, it shows wear and tear more than most. This does not affect the beautiful color of the lipstick, of course, but is one "minus" for this product.

One of my newest finds ... and one of my favorites! I've been looking for a sheer berry color for a long time -- most turn bright fuchsia on me within a few minutes. CeCe is perfect -- a gorgeous sheer berry that makes my somewhat pigmented lips look like I've been eating red wine Popsicles -- just so pretty and wearable. Works beautifully on my medium light neutral Filipina skin with yellow undertones.

on 6/28/2003 12:18:00 PM

A cool-toned berry color that goes well with my complexion. I've tried many berry/plum/dark red lipsticks and this one just does it, on my face that is. It's pretty pigmented even though it's sheer, and it lasts quite a while! I find it just a little drying though.

I am fair (NW25), have green eyes and dark hair.