Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap

Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap

3.9

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Silt, Charcoal Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Sodium Chloride, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Oakmoss, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate

on 3/6/2016 2:34:00 PM

My new Sea Mud Soap bar crumbled, and its replacement is doing the same! I have been a faithful user of Sea Mud Soap since 1966, and never, ever had a problem with it until now.l
purchased the products from Neiman Marcus, and since they both came in the newly-designed container, I don't consider the age of NM's stock to be an issue. This is a product
issue - and perhaps a box design issue. The soap flakes and splits despite careful use and
protection. I had kept one of the boxes from before the design was changed, and a switch
to it seems to have helped somewhat - I think it dries better after use in the older box, which
has better ridges to support the soap. But still, I use the soap carefully. This should not be
happening. I want to continue buying this soap, but not until after this quality control problem has been resolved by Laszlo.

on 1/1/2016 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, I do have a LOVE hate relationship with this soap. I have been using this soap off and on for 20 years.

Pros: It lathers well, cleans well, helps my oily & acne prone skin clear up.
Cons: Very expensive, bar soap so storing it is difficult

For this soap to work the way Erno Laszlo intended, you HAVE to do the splash technique!! That means, filling your sink up with very warm - borderline HOT - water, lathering your face up good with the soap, then using the soapy "treatment" water to splash your face 20 times, then empty the sink & splash 10 more times with plain water. THAT is what makes this soap work best!

To Read all 114 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/14/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I originally received this soap as a sample in a sample box. I ran out of my usual cleanser and decided to try the sea mud soap out. I have been using this for about three weeks, once to twice a day. I have noticed an improvement in my skin. I have noticed less acne, less redness, and an overall brighter complexion. Now, it is a bar soap so that can lead to a few problems with storage, so keep that in mind. It foams up easily when agitated and this foam is thick and grey. I rub all over my face, leave for a few seconds, and then splash with warm water to rinse. It does leave my skin feeling a little tight and dry when I'm finished so I use a facial moisturizer afterwards. My biggest drawback with this soap is the $45 price tag for a 5.3oz bar. Since it does seem to do wonders for my skin, I am considering buying it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The good thing is, this soap works! If you have problems with oil, this takes care of it immediately. With continued use I have noticed an overall decrease in oil as well. This has also helped with those annoying blackheads that no one can stand. I actually wet down my clarisonic, rub the brush on the soap and it works wonderfully. The only issue I have is that bar soap formulations can get messy.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Erno Laszlo products. I have been using this line for the past about 15 years, and I will not switch to anything ever. My favorites are the Seamud Soap, the pHelityl cream, and the Timeless skin. I am turning 41 this year, and people think I am 31... I believe it is thanks to the ritual and these products. Thank you Dr. Laszlo.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

ErnoLaszlo is incomparable but since it was bought out by Cheseborough-Ponds, they have tried to vulgarize the brand by adding superflous products which are a waste of time and money. If you follow the basic routine, you do not need that. That was the point of EL. I continue on, but there are inessential products beyond the basics that are to be avoided and money not wasted on. Stick to the basic routine. Delivers as close to perfection as one can get and still worth the money.

Just gives you the baby's skin in which you were born!

on 11/27/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have hormonal acne, hyperpigmentation is an issue and so is oily skin. I purchased the sea mud soap along with the light controlling lotion and religiously did the 30 splashes twice a day for at least 4 months. Unfortunately for the price and requirements I had no results whatsoever, I was quite hopeful as my research seemed to show that it's effective, maybe better luck for others. It just seems like regular sea mud soap and toner with alcohol.

on 10/30/2013 4:43:00 AM

Firstly - I used the whole Laszlo line for nearly 12 years. When you used it consistently and according to the principles of its founder Dr Laszlo your skin had an even "glow" - commonly known as the "Laszlo look".

Originally when the brand was THE skincare brand (all other brands tried to copy the soap and water approach - most successfully Clinique) in the 1960s - early 80s you had to have a full in depth consultation with a trained Laszlo rep and then buy ALL the products together as this was a customised synergistic system where all products worked together to perfect your skin.

There were stipulations about how to use the products (splashing face up to 50 times in hot soapy water, using strong alcohol based "controlling" lotions on damp skin, using minimal amounts of moisturiser etc. But if you were prepared to spend the time and money - it worked.

The brand has had many owners since the doctors passing in 1972 and some have handled the legacy of the range better than others. Most have tinkered with the formulas and added or discontinued products. But the core range in its classic marble effect packaging continued on its path as a cult beauty ritual of those in the know...

The line had new owners about 2 years ago and they seem to have thrown much of this heritage away. Packaging is different and not in a good way. Gone is the distinctive Laszlo marbleised plastic and angel of beauty logo replaced by bland glass and cheap looking lids...

But - back to the soap. It's now the smallest it's ever been - it originally was 8oz - then for most of the 90s - 00s 6oz and now it's smaller 5oz but costs more. Then there's the ingredients - bears no resemblance to the original formula I used. Contains charcoal powder and lots of additives.

So I obtained a sample of the new formula to see if by chance it still had the same effects. It doesn't. Just leaves a grey film on the face and all over the sink. None of the restorative, skin evening properties. Such a pity that what was once a magnificent line has gone down the pan.

At least I only tried a free sample.

I had been hearing the great reviews of this soap but i haven got the chance to get it until i went to taipei. I have dry skin, and mostly of the time after using cleanser washing my face it will relatively become dry. Surprisingly, this product did not give me any of this problem.
It feels good every time after washing my face, no dryness, skin will feel soft. The scent of the soap is acceptable, not strong, and i guess the cleansing power is good!
I would definitely recommend this to the other users especially for those who has oily skin as this is actually target for oily skin but dry skin like me is also welcome to use as no dryness cause. The only thing that i can complain i guess is the price :D Erno's products are all generally pricey..oh well, audrey hepburn say half of her beauty is from her mum and half of it its from Erno Laszlo product. So after reading that, wont u wanna spare ur beauty for Erno's contribution?