Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap

Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap

3.9

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Silt, Charcoal Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Sodium Chloride, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Oakmoss, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate

on 7/28/2017 1:20:00 AM

Got a small piece sample to try it out. I loves how it doesn't dry out my skin and amazed at how it clears my blackhead at t-zone area. But I think it also caused breakout on my usually non problematic area. Guess I'll just use the remaining bar to clear my blackheads.

It clogges pores, the price is riddiculous for what you get. Dont spend money for brands that dont offer quality.

on 1/29/2017 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing! I love this soap!!! Found it at TJ Maxx for $3.50 US and it leaves my combo/oily/acne prone skin feeling so clean!!! Not slimy or tight, just super clean. It doesn't smell great, nor does it lather up excessively, but it really brings impurities to the surface and has been helping my complexion during its annual January mid-winter skin blues! I do the 30 splash technique a little differently than they suggest - I alternate between 20 warm/hot water splashes, then 5 cold, then 5 warm, and finish off with an extra 3 ice cold - it's a great wake-me-up - invigorating! This soap is supposed to be used in conjunction with the oil, sold separately, which I don't do, but the soap works well on its own.

on 7/27/2016 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a HG product! I have alot blackheads and whiteheads. and this WORKS by drawing those impurities out. After washing, there are many whiteheads on the surface, especially nose! i use a peel off mask after washing. This is really good for people with clogged pores. i really recommend everyone with skin problems to get this. It does not leave a tight / very dry feeling after washing. i pair this with the oil and my skin is smoother and brighter! it might be the most expensive cleanser but it is ok as one bar can last forever. i will repurchase!!!!!!! but i already have the white marble bar too.

on 3/6/2016 2:34:00 PM

My new Sea Mud Soap bar crumbled, and its replacement is doing the same! I have been a faithful user of Sea Mud Soap since 1966, and never, ever had a problem with it until now.l
purchased the products from Neiman Marcus, and since they both came in the newly-designed container, I don't consider the age of NM's stock to be an issue. This is a product
issue - and perhaps a box design issue. The soap flakes and splits despite careful use and
protection. I had kept one of the boxes from before the design was changed, and a switch
to it seems to have helped somewhat - I think it dries better after use in the older box, which
has better ridges to support the soap. But still, I use the soap carefully. This should not be
happening. I want to continue buying this soap, but not until after this quality control problem has been resolved by Laszlo.

on 1/1/2016 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, I do have a LOVE hate relationship with this soap. I have been using this soap off and on for 20 years.

Pros: It lathers well, cleans well, helps my oily & acne prone skin clear up.
Cons: Very expensive, bar soap so storing it is difficult

For this soap to work the way Erno Laszlo intended, you HAVE to do the splash technique!! That means, filling your sink up with very warm - borderline HOT - water, lathering your face up good with the soap, then using the soapy "treatment" water to splash your face 20 times, then empty the sink & splash 10 more times with plain water. THAT is what makes this soap work best!

on 11/14/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I originally received this soap as a sample in a sample box. I ran out of my usual cleanser and decided to try the sea mud soap out. I have been using this for about three weeks, once to twice a day. I have noticed an improvement in my skin. I have noticed less acne, less redness, and an overall brighter complexion. Now, it is a bar soap so that can lead to a few problems with storage, so keep that in mind. It foams up easily when agitated and this foam is thick and grey. I rub all over my face, leave for a few seconds, and then splash with warm water to rinse. It does leave my skin feeling a little tight and dry when I'm finished so I use a facial moisturizer afterwards. My biggest drawback with this soap is the $45 price tag for a 5.3oz bar. Since it does seem to do wonders for my skin, I am considering buying it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The good thing is, this soap works! If you have problems with oil, this takes care of it immediately. With continued use I have noticed an overall decrease in oil as well. This has also helped with those annoying blackheads that no one can stand. I actually wet down my clarisonic, rub the brush on the soap and it works wonderfully. The only issue I have is that bar soap formulations can get messy.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Erno Laszlo products. I have been using this line for the past about 15 years, and I will not switch to anything ever. My favorites are the Seamud Soap, the pHelityl cream, and the Timeless skin. I am turning 41 this year, and people think I am 31... I believe it is thanks to the ritual and these products. Thank you Dr. Laszlo.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

ErnoLaszlo is incomparable but since it was bought out by Cheseborough-Ponds, they have tried to vulgarize the brand by adding superflous products which are a waste of time and money. If you follow the basic routine, you do not need that. That was the point of EL. I continue on, but there are inessential products beyond the basics that are to be avoided and money not wasted on. Stick to the basic routine. Delivers as close to perfection as one can get and still worth the money.