NARS Fame

No Image

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this palette - the versatility of colours and the great packaging. I keep this in my handbag for work in case I want to change my look over the day. I agree with other reviewers that you end up with some unexpected favourites - in my case it is Funny Face which is a colour I would NEVER had considered and I really love.

on 11/27/2006 4:12:00 AM

I love this palette, this being my second NARS palette (and I'm watching eBay like a hawk...) Beautiful colors and I wear ALL of them. I agree with some of you that these colors tend to be DRY, so I recommend putting on lipbalm first for a smoother application.

My favorites are: CASABLANCA (coral), HEATWAVE(bright red orange) and TRANSEUROPE EXPRESS(ruby rose). There is a wonderful range of vivid reds here, and the range of nudes is gorgeous too. This palette would be PERFECT if it also included a range of "pinks" eg, DOLCE VITA, PIGALLE...

If you can still find this limited-edition anniversary palette, I suggest you grab it because it's an amazing addition to any makeup collection. Fame contains all 12 of the original NARS lipstick shades in a sleek mirrored compact. It's the perfect way to explore a variety of shades, all with the same great NARS formula. In addition to rediscovering some old favorites (Trans Siberian and Heatwave), I've also found some new loves like Honolulu Honey and Morocco.

on 4/26/2006 8:19:00 PM

The quality of these lipsticks is like a stain. Very pigmented but not very moisturizing. They are long lasting. What I especially don't like about this palette is that only about 4 of the colors are actually wearable. There are 3 or 4 colors that are literally FLORESENT. Floresent orange, floresent red and floresent pink and one color that is a dark purple. I think these colors were first released in the early 90's and maybe they were appropriate then, but worn today they make me look dated and ridiculous. There are also 4 shades of red that look almost exactly like the same shade when applied on the lips. The only way I can wear these colors is if I tone them down with browns and neutrals and even then they are bright. This palette isn't at all what I was hoping it would be. I really love NARS lipsticks, but this palette is a stinker.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great palette for those who want to try lots of differnet l/s. Some look crazy in the pan but Nars is famous for converting you to colors you never though you could wear. I'm a neutral, nude/brown l/s girl, but Nars has me wearing pinks and reds. Still can't believe I am wearing reds, but I am. Still have not tried Funny Face. Colors are good for mixing together. Good if you are not sure of undertones or have problem matching to your makeup. So many choices it will change your outlook on colors. Be brave, it's a good palette. Will follow up. Oh! Very long wearing.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Francois Nars' original 12 lipsticks introduced in the 90's. Wide range of colors from pale, nude beige (Blonde Venus) to bright red (Jungle Red) to soft peach (Casablanca) to warm rose (Transeurope Express) to bright raspberry fuchsia (Funny Face)... and many colors in between! I love this lip palette and even though it is rather expensive ($65.00), I enjoy trying and wearing all 12 colors, and I actually ended up going back and purchasing a second Fame palette to keep in my purse! Some of these colors are very vibrant, but I find that if I apply the vibrant colors *very lightly* and sheer them out with some clear lipgloss over top (I use Smith's Rosebud Salve) that I can get ANY of the lipsticks to look beautiful on my lips! For reference I am light PPP and I wear every color in this palette! Funny Face is one of the most vibrant colors in this palette, but it is actually my favorite! I apply Funny Face VERY sheer and top it of with some clear gloss and it look like a gorgeous lit-from-within raspberry on my lips! If the Fame palette is still available when I finish either of my palettes, I will definitely purchase again! :)

on 3/30/2005 11:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Simply fabulous! I'm amazed at how good all of the shades look on me, even ones I would definitely not have expected (aka Honolulu Honey, Heatwave, and Funny Face). These seem less drying in the palette form than the full-sized lipsticks, and the palette itself is stunning, even more sleek and gorgeous than NARS' usual palettes. The only slight gripe I have with this is that there are, perhaps, too many red shades - I love red, but fully half of the shades in this are variations on red, and that may be a little daunting for those who are wary of reds. The other shades are either warm nudes/LBBs or over-the-top fuchsias; like I said, they all look good on me, but a little more variety would have been nice. This is still a fantastic palette, but those who don't like reds may want to avoid. I myself wanted this mostly for the selection of reds, but I find myself most often reaching for Blonde Venus and Morocco, two shades I never would have even tried on, never mind bought, if I had seen them at a NARS counter instead of in this palette. NARS lipcolours are great! continued >>

on 7/20/2005 9:01:00 AM

Gorgeous!! I got this palette for a dirty cheap price on eBay and I'm so glad!!
Some of the shades are really bright and shocking, not for an everyday use. But my surprise was that even though they looked like drugstore colors, I loved the effect on my lips!!! It usually happens with a lot of Nars products, firs I think colors are too blah or horrible and after a try, I'm completly in love with them.
I think I might use the lighter shades most, like Honolulu Honey (my favorite!) and that is the only thing I don't like; I will end up with a palette full of reds and empty holes!!! LOL :-P
But as other reviewer said, I think the formula is a bit more "light" than the regular lipsticks, which I find more dry and hard to use. The ones on the palette are really soft and moisture my lips quite well. Overall, this palette is a keeper.

on 11/25/2004 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

COLORS: Blonde Venus, Honolulu Honey, Casablanca ( first three are all Satin the rest are Semi-Matte )Morocco, Jungle Red, Red Lizard, Trans Siberian, Funny Face, Shanghai Express, Transeurope Express, Scarlet Empress.

PROS: Gorgeous colors! I'm a neutral PPP during winter months and warm LLL during summer and there are only two colors in this palette that are a bit shocking for everyday wear ( Heatwave and Junglered ) and that's just my personal preferance, others may swoon for these colors : ) A great way to try a large variety of NARS lipsticks, convenient palette.

CONS: There isn't a lipbrush included but no shocker, we all know NARS never includes brushes. A bit pricey considering you only get 0.36 oz 10.2g which equals out to around 3 full size lipsticks ( average lipsticks are 3g )

on 1/3/2005 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This palette is perfect for someone like me who never goes through I lipstick (and doesn't buy them because she doesn't use them that often). The palette does not come with a lip brush (my only gripe) but I've come to enjoy using a lip brush more than a lipstick from the tube. I feel like I have more control. The palette contains 12 colors, but some look like the warm/cool versions of the same color. A bit expensive, but the lipsticks are high quality.