Coty Jovan Island Gardenia

Coty Jovan Island Gardenia

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

I love Jovan musk and White musk I'm old enough to remember the original Jovan musk. Anyway as a gardenia or white floral lover I had to try this as tiare flower is such a lovely scent that I adore. This is almost to me a spot on perfect gardenia perfume. It has that sun tan lotion vibe it's not super strong but with natural tiare flower oil I get a sun tan lotion scent. Anyway this smells so good and when it dries down it is so creamy and luscious a great skin scent.
Plus this is so inexpensive! I think I paid no more than 10$ for a 1.7 ounce. So it's reasonable and it makes such a good spring/summer perfume.

I love white floral with gardenia and Jasmine being my favorite. I think this on a hot summer night smells so good and it's great to layer it with other scents. For a reasonable price you get such a great scent.This makes me want to try more perfumes with gardenia as one of the notes. Excellent fragrance to try if you like white florals. I would definitely repurchase this because it smells so good and for the price you can't go wrong. Recommended. :)

I have been looking for this perfume for awhile.I saw it in my local walmart today and got 2 bottles. I have always loved the smell of gardenias, and for the price, it's hard to go wrong. Yes,the smell is slightly powerdy,but smells amazing in an hour or so.i do own two designer perfumes, but also need an inexpensive everyday one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This reminds me so much of Chanel Beige! I did not buy the Les Exclusifs Chanel Gardenia becoz it's so $$$ & I heard its not even long lasting so when I stumbled upon a website w cheap hard-to-find fragrances (fragrancenet.com is the site!!), for less than $10 I had to indulge a blind buy! I love Jovan fragrances ESP Jovan Musk, Jovan Satisfaction & this all very different but nice! I don't buy from our kmarts, about only place round here that sells cheap perfumes coz they sit on the shelf for years literally some have a layer of dust on them!! Island Gardenia is a beachy coconutty concoction reminds me so much of my Maui Hawaii 2007 vakay! If u don't or won't want to trade ur cash 4 Chanel LesEx Gardenia (I have a real revulsion spending $200 on a tablespoon aka 15ml of Parfum!), this is an excellent site for finding hard-to-find DC fragrances & cheap too! I <3 gardenias!!

on 8/5/2014 12:23:00 AM

This stuff is a very nice gardenia/tuberose type of scent. Decently long-lasting, too. I have a bottle I've been using for maybe 5 or 6 years. However I just bought another bottle to give my mother as a gift (she goes nuts whenever I wear it). I tested the new bottle out of curiosity, and unless I'm crazy I swear it isn't quite as powerful or long-lasting as my older bottle. Still smells good though, and the price is right.

Of course, if money is no object, just go buy a bottle of Fracas, which is quite similar but even creamier and with a slightly greener note to it. Just gorgeous.

on 5/26/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous and really does smell like an actual gardenia. I love that its buttery, lush and smooth smelling. My only criticism is that it only lasts about an hour. Everyone is right when they say there is some coconut in there which makes this have that beachy sunscreen vibe. This is perfect for summer and smells so clean.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! It's my daily go-to fragrance. I get compliments on it, and of course, adore that it's so affordable. Ironically, a close friend of mine smells divine in Sand & Sable, which smells awful on me. To each her own.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I went to the store with the intention to buy Coty Sand & Sable. Sand & Sable was $30 and Island Gardenia $11. I tested both and and fell in love with both the price and the tropical richness of this gardenia scent. Worn with a light hand it is classically feminine. Looking forward to wearing it when the weather warms up.

on 11/15/2011 4:00:00 AM

I bought this on impulse because my local chemist had the small bottle on special. Having worn it 3 times now I can judge it fairly. This is a very pretty, sweet, creamy, coconut tinged gardenia with moderate staying power. it has more depth to it than a lot of cheap perfumes on the market and lasts as well as a lot more expensive gardenia based fragrances.

Pretty florals aren't really right for me which is why I have ticked that I would not repurchase, but if you are looking for an inexpensive perfume that smells fairly true to real gardenias this is a good pick. Two times I wore it straight and it lasted around 4 hours on me. The third time I wore it layered with Jovan Musk and it lasted about 6 hours and smelt a bit more suitable for me. I will definitely use up the rest of the bottle (layered with Jovan Musk) but will not repurchase. If you see it going cheap do try it, even if it's not right for you, you will probably find someone to pass it onto, and the small bottles only cost around as much as a high priced coffee.

Edit: I've used up my small bottle and since repurchased. As mentioned above, I layered it with Jovan Musk for Women, but when I layered it with Jovan Musk for Men, it became absolutely lovely on me. The herbal notes in Jovan Musk for Men turned it into something rather deep and complex. I've used Jovan Musk for Men to layer with several white florals and it normally works a treat - my special perfume secret.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I bought this hoping it would smell like a creamy coconutty gardenia perfume as so many others have said, but I just could not smell the creaminess... A sort of mono smelling perfume in my hopes. It smelled like an old woman; flowery, powdery, almost a little sour, not in a rancid way, just in a "red door" kind of way, at least to me. It really is a beautiful fragrance, just not what I was looking for, just not me. When I smell it, it reminds me classy old ladies with their puffy hair, pearl earrings, off white linen slacks, and butter yellow cardigan and shell. Will I buy it again, for myself? Probably not until Iam 75. On the other hand, I would consider buying this for a older lady family member/friend :)

LOVE this stuff! It smells absolutely heavenly. - A lot of perfumes give me headaches or make me feel sick to wear, not this one! It's so feminine and lovely. While I see most reviews on this are positive, occasionally I'll see someone say it smells "old ladyish". Haha, I'm 27 so I don't believe that qualifies me as an old lady! ;) I think it smells classy, feminine and sexy.

That being said, I'm very much into vintage old fashioned beauties (Think pin up girls, Marilyn Monroe, etc.) and there is something about this scent that evokes that sort of stunning bombshell ultra feminine beauty. So maybe it's just all in perception, I smell it and think classy beauties from the 1950's, someone else just smells an old lady! Haha! It could also be how it works with ones' body chemistry though, as well!

If you're looking for a heavenly, super feminine gardenia scent, this is the one! For the price you just can't beat it!

Popular Fragrances