Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

on 11/16/2016 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG night cream with DMAE and antioxidants.....I've used this night cream every night for years. My skin feels great and moisturized in the morning. It is great for my uneven skin tone. I have dry and sensitive skin and I'm 58 years old and receive comments on how nice my skin looks quite regularly. The price is right and I can buy it at my local grocery store for under $15.00. I am not into spending a lot of money on expensive creams that smell artificial. I especially love the Alba Botanica line and use many of their products, which I can buy at a drugstore, health food store or grocery store, with the exception of my retinal cream, which I can order from Amazon.

I love how this cream feels on my skin. If you have dry skin, you will love this. It's so luxurious and moisturizing. It contains dmae which lifts skin and immediately after using, all my fine lines were plumped out. My forehead looked 10 years younger. It smells a little soapy and can burn your eyes so I would be careful around the eye area. The only reason I gave this a 4 out of 5 is because I'm prone to cystic acne and I was having too many breakouts while using. I don't think the cream was causing it, I break out from every cream and have to be careful with what creams I use. I really loved it and wish I could use it. I gave it to my best friend and she loved it and it didn't cause her to break out.

on 5/5/2016 10:40:00 PM

I used to love this cream, but it was reformulated few years ago ... Aloe Vera gel and mango butter, both great moisturizers were in the top of ingredients. And now- nothing special about it. It contains mostly cheap coconut derivative as the first ingredient. It's heavy and not that moisturizing anymore. Very disappointed

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

15 bucks, all natural, not too bad. Doesn't feel excellent on the skin but you get what you play for

on 11/9/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! quality all natural ingredients, cruelty free, great price point and effective… What's not to love? And I purchased it at a super price with free shipping on target.com!

on 10/21/2015 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

To me, the fragrance is not very strong - I like it :-) It smells oceanic? Since some reviews of the day cream said it wasn't very moisturizing, I opted for this night cream - it is creamy/thick, and I can definitely see how this can provide a barrier to reduce moisture leaving the skin, but left my pores unclogged - my face had some bumps prior to using it, and they were calmed down by the morning, my skin was very smooth. I'm not sure how much moisture this provides vs. preventing moisture from escaping - probably does a little of both? I think there are better out there, though this isn't bad.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because it was the cheapest cruelty-free moisturizer I could find at my nearest store. I remember actually liking the scent that I saw people were commenting that bothered them.
However, I also use Benzoyl Peroxide every night to treat and prevent acne, and this moisturizer does not work well with that. It balled up on my face and whenever I touched my face, the pieces of balled up moisturizer would fall off. It was a mess, but I kept using it because I only applied it at night and I thought it wasn't doing any harm other than being annoying. However, it was also a little bit too heavy and greasy, which didn't work for my combination/oily skin, and ended up breaking me out a lot, mostly on my chin.

Pros:
Price
Cruelty-Free
I actually liked the scent

Cons:
Tub packaging
Broke me out
Doesn't play well with Benzoyl Peroxide

on 9/5/2015 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing - yeah! $3 on clearance at TJ Maxx. I really love this cream. I've been recovering from an awful cystic breakout from Ole Henriksen's Pure Perfection, and Alba Botanica is so soothing, very rich and thick without being greasy or heavy, and I only need a small dab to cover my entire face and neck. It just feels luxurious. I've used Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Night Cream for years, which is great, but am trying to go cruelty free, and I'm surprisingly impressed by the results of this Alba Botanica cream. It does smell a bit funny - like my father's aftershave when I was a child, or Irish Spring soap. But those bring back pleasant memories, so I can live with it.
I wake up with beautifully hydrated, plump skin that's a great canvas for makeup. And today I was able to go entirely makeup free for the first time in months, and feel comfortable with it! Yippee!

This is the only night cream I've used that hasn't clogged my pores. I have extremely dry cheeks that flake and no other moisturizer has been able to resolve this issue. It does have a strong scent that lingers, but it's bearable.

on 7/2/2015 12:52:00 PM

USD $14.99. I really, really wanted to love this with its natural ingredients and amazing price point. But, it just doesn't work for me.

The good: Texture is thick, dense and creamy. You need very little to get the maximum moisture. Great ingredients, comparable to La Mer. The bad: The container is cheap, flimsy plastic that could potentially break if you drop it (but that's ok at this price point and what you're getting in the pot). The really, really bad: crazy laundry-detergent scent. I mean, the kind that lingers on for hours and hours and gives you a headache. Most cosmetics scents wear off after absorbing in a few minutes. This just lingers on and is so strong! - so much that DH could smell it across the room couple of hours later. I'm sensitive to scented products but will bear with them if I like the product's results. I just couldn't take this after couple of days and will be returning it. I refuse to even use it as body lotion or hand cream - the smell is just that overwhelming to me.

So, awesome buy if you're ok with the scent. But if you have any kind of sensitivity - avoid!