Lucas' Papaw Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Lucas' Papaw Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.4

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 2/16/2019 6:04:00 PM

Uhm why didnt i discover this magical oinment sooner!!?!
Ive tried every damn lip balm, chapstick, lip conditioner, lip oils under the sun and this is the best feeling n comfort level, price, packaging, ingredients and everything else ive ever tried in my life. I want to buy 5 backups so i have it everywhere i go. In the car, next to my bed, in my office and just tape one on my leg if i have to. I used to love the Mac Lip Conditioner until i tried this. Its emollient but isnt as watery texture as Vaseline. It feels silky and smooth on the lips with no sticky feeling. Feels like nothing on until i rub my lips together, i get a slippery glide feeling. Also, it adds shine but not in a super glossy way. This is so nice and moisturizing/comfortable, also doesnt have an offensive smell, kind of like plastic.... Its so good on cuts and burns also. Its a godsend. Get yourself a tube or 3, thank me later!

Edit- love this as a overnight treatment especially when i am sick and have to breathe through my mouth(sorry tmi) I must add that this doesnt make my lips hydrated that long during the day because i tend to lick my lips, talk and eat a lot so nothing really works. Sometimes it can feel a bit greasy on the lips but its not a big deal. I much prefer the Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip care in the pot. so i am not going to repurchase this unless i have a cold.

on 9/17/2018 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm writing this review for the product in a 200g tub, and so I realize that my usual annoyance at products in tubs is 100% my own fault in this case, but I like having a lot of this stuff on hand!

I have a lot of issues finding lip balms/products/chapsticks that I like. Either I need to reapply them every ten minutes, or they just sort of make my hair stick to my mouth without doing much. This product has been a life saver! I can put a layer on along with the rest of my nightly skincare regime, and not need to reapply any kind of moisturizing lip product until the next night! It has a pleasant texture, a kind of browish/orange color that doesn't show when you're putting it on, and while it does leave a nice sheen, this is not a lip gloss. To mitigate my hatred of tub products, I usually apply this with a Q-tip. I've also applied it to my cuticles when they were looking worse for wear, little scabs/scars/burns (no open wounds, though, obviously), and on my elbows. It works just about everywhere!

on 9/10/2018 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I used this over shallow cuts and as a lip balm. It helps keep my lips from drying out especially in winter. It kind of just feels like nicely scented vaseline, but I think it's cute packaging and I like how easy it is to squeeze and apply.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is godsend!

When I bought it, I didn't have any expectations, but it turned out to be amazing. There is no scent, so at first I was thinking it would be no different than say your typical vaseline or whatever. Boy, I was wrong

This is the only lip product that saved my lips from disaster. I had a reaction to a certain lipstick and my lips looked very dry, patchy and ached like hell. This ointment solved my problems in two days. You can read more about al the different ways to use it here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) but all in all - I would definitely both repurchase and recommend it!

on 1/31/2018 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had a tube of this for a while and used this product as a nightly lip balm and really enjoyed it. I also love the packaging and the smell, which is really a really unique papaya smell. I do wish it was a little more moisturizing, but I know the company didn't intend for everyone to use it as a lip balm. Anyway, really fun, old school product. I will probably pick up another tube at some point.

on 10/26/2017 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging looks cheap but this product works wonders. I have extremely dry, peeling lips and paw paw ointment is the only thing that lasts longer than an hour. I apply once in the morning and once at night; I have no more flakiness

on 7/2/2017 2:22:00 AM

I use this as a deep-hydrating lip treatment before I go to bed. Also use it on any insect bites and skin rashes that form in one spot. After massaging copious amounts of this on itches, it usually stops itching almost immediately.

The only thing is that it's not readily available in my home country... so I bought 6 tubes when I went to NZ recently.

on 6/28/2017 7:47:00 PM

I admit that till today I'm extremely confused as to what I'm really supposed to be using this for. My cousin introduced it to me a couple of years ago. When I finally decided to get my hands on the smallest squeeze tube available, the first thing I tried was apply it to a small cut. After that, I tried it on my lips.

Seems quite like regular petroleum jelly or Vaseline to me, perhaps a little bit thicker and has a slight citrusy-scent (papaya, to be precise). Like how I use Vaseline, it does help soothe burns and cracked skin and if I had to choose between the two, they're both pretty much equal as I have no preference , and would use whichever is available at the time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product as it was raved about on several sites like Into The Gloss. Hydrates and gives good results but Aquaphor does the same at a lower price point.

What concerns me is that the ointment contains Myroxylon perieire (MP), a relatively common allergen typically found in perfumes. It's also caused cheilitis and perioral dermatitis in a few people.

I'd recommend sticking to Aquaphor instead!

on 12/29/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Better than Vaseline or any lip balm I have ever tried. I have really horrible dry, chapped lips and ordinary lip balm/chapstick didn't cut it. I live in NZ and it seemed that everyone i know has this and I never understood why. But it wasn't until this year that this was recommended to me and dry lips no more, especially after exfoliating. A definite must-have for me and I will repurchase.

Top Rated Lip Treatments