Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.6

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a tube of this on Amazon some time ago, and I've mainly used it as a cuticle treatment, but like Aquaphor, it has a plethora of uses. As a cuticle balm, it is very efficient. I don't really like cuticle oil, but I still like to put something on after I do my nails, so once my top coat has set, I slather this ointment on. I have dealt with terrible cuticles over the year due to drier skin on my hands which is compounded by dermotillomania focused largely on my cuticles. The more preventative steps I can take to protect them, including moisturizing, definitely helps on both counts. I have used this on chapped lips too, and it works well for that, though I didn't find getting it in my mouth too pleasant due to the texture. I am sure that once winter comes, i will find more uses for this product, but for now I am satisfied with the things I have used it for.

on 4/4/2016 7:47:00 AM

This is the best lip ointment I've used, it's cheap, it lasts forever and is multi-purpose. So its honestly one of my favourite products. I have a large tub of it in my bathroom (I keep this mostly for medical purposes) but I have one of the small tubes in my handbag. I do prefer the tube with the direct applicator as I prefer lip balms where I don't need to use my fingers. On the rare occasion where I run out (or the more common occurrence where I lose it) I always repurchase, I've tried others but always end up back with this one.

I'm pretty sure every family in Australia has a tube or tub of this tbh, it's actually part of our culture by this point. There is always a tub in the bathroom cabinet, a tube at the bottom of a school bag and at least 2 tubes half melted in the car. I always buy different lip balms just to try something new and I've always come back to this. An amazing product that works so well and incredibly quickly. I grew up with this product being slathered on my face from my dummy rash and i reckon I could recognise the smell and the packaging from the next continent.

Anyway, the pricing is good, the tube packaging is the best in my opinion, idk the tub just gets awkward and unless you're leaving it one place for it's whole life it'll just piss you off. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with not just chapped lips, but every other problematic skin disorder (probs not all but you know what i mean). I can't rave about this lip balm enough, IT IS INCREDIBLE

on 2/2/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

So.. it's basically Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream without the nasty smell or the colour (or the price...).. The consistency is similar to most petroleum products, with a slightly milky smell thatís not at all unpleasant.

I primarily use this on my very chapped lips and sores in the corner of my lips. When exfoliating my lips, I use a disposable mascara wand (you can buy them in bulk on eBay) with the papaw ointment and it always works a treat. It seals in moisture while the papaw banishes annoying irritated, chapped skin. I also use this on my dry cuticles too, always does the trick.

It's super cheap too! I bought mine online for Ä5..what's not to love? I always carry this in my handbag now.

on 1/29/2015 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I originally bought this product to use on dry lips (thank you Melbourne winters!). It works a treat - no complaints here! I rate it highly as a no-frills lip balm.

As good as it was as a treatment for dry, chapped lips, the reason why I'm writing this review is because it has worked miracles on a different part of my body.

A few months ago, I developed really dry, flaky, red and itchy skin on my wedding ring finger. I suspect this was because I was wearing my wedding rings every day and not drying the skin thoroughly enough after I washed my hands so water, soap and gunk was getting trapped under my jewelry.

My husband suggested I go see the pharmacist who would most likely recommend a topical steroid cream. The night before I was going to go, I saw the Papaw ointment sitting there and I thought "Why not", and I had previously seen lots of posts about the numerous ways people have used this ointment on myriad skin problems with great success. So i rubbed a little bit on to the affected area on my finger and went to sleep.

The next morning, the difference was significant. My skin was about 3 shades lighter - no longer angry red but just a light pink. The flakiness had nearly disappeared. It did not itch at all. For the next couple of days, I had a break from wearing my wedding rings and applied the Papaw ointment after each time I washed and dried my hands and each night before bed. After three or four days of consistent application, I'd say the skin has completely recovered.

I will keep applying it to my finger for a little while longer just to maintain the results. So I'd highly recommend this product as a lip balm and as a soothing treatment for dry, flaky, itchy patches of skin!!

on 12/11/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been suffering with chronic dry, chapped lips for the last few years. I tried every product for chapped lips that I could find but nothing made a difference. With the great reviews from MUA I finally sent away for this product on Amazon. This product is the first one that actually managed to stay on my lips over night and make a real difference. I bought the 25g weight container and then made a few small jars that I keep everywhere - in my purse, in a drawer at work, in the car, etc. If you have dry lips and nothing seems to help, give this product a try. I will rebuy this product (probably the smaller size now that it is available) as soon as I come close to getting low on supply.

on 7/17/2014 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

When I saw this at Ricky's NYC, I just had to try it. I've read so many articles in which Australian celebrities rave about this product, that I had to see for myself what the hype is about. I've been using it on my cuticles, and it is amazing! No matter what I do, I get the most unsightly cuticles, and now that it's summer and I'm only using Dior Nail Glow on my hands, every imperfection shows. This product has really made a difference in the way my nails look. I only started out by buying the tube, but I'm going to buy one more (to keep in my purse) and also get the tub for home use.

on 2/13/2014 8:44:00 PM

This is the best overnight lip balm I've used. I've been plagued with chapped lips, but ever since I started using this, my lips are nice and soft again.

on 2/9/2014 4:29:00 AM

Seriously Holy Grail product. Hands down best thing for dry lips, rashes, chaffings, pimples and insect bites. I used to have very chapped lips when i would use lipsticks but i loved them so much that i couldn't put them down. I use this twice a day on my lips when i wake up and before bed and i havent had dry lips ever since ive been using it. I stopped using it for a week to see if it was making a difference and i can't belive how fast my lips went back to how they were. Out of all my hundreds of lip balms and lip treatments this is the best thing. It lasts forever and it has the nicest texture to it, It isn't sticky at all. I've gone out and bought a couple of backups to make sure i always have a backup somewhere. This product can't be faulted.

This is one product that I ALWAYS have on me. One in my purse and one next to my bed. I mostly use it as a lip balm but it's also good for itchy bites, caffing, nappy rash... I pretty much put it on any skin complaint lol. And it's made just down the road from me !

Popular Lip Treatments