Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by hair type : Other
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.2

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is godsend!

When I bought it, I didn't have any expectations, but it turned out to be amazing. There is no scent, so at first I was thinking it would be no different than say your typical vaseline or whatever. Boy, I was wrong

This is the only lip product that saved my lips from disaster. I had a reaction to a certain lipstick and my lips looked very dry, patchy and ached like hell. This ointment solved my problems in two days. You can read more about al the different ways to use it here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) but all in all - I would definitely both repurchase and recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product as it was raved about on several sites like Into The Gloss. Hydrates and gives good results but Aquaphor does the same at a lower price point.

What concerns me is that the ointment contains Myroxylon perieire (MP), a relatively common allergen typically found in perfumes. It's also caused cheilitis and perioral dermatitis in a few people.

I'd recommend sticking to Aquaphor instead!

on 12/28/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have 3 big tubs of this. I like this because i can use it everywhere & anywhere. I like it because it moisturizers my lips and doesn't leave a white film on. I like this to moisturize my elbows and knees & feet. Also for my cuts, mosquito bites and rashes. It really works. Its sticky though but it will dry off quickly.

on 11/6/2016 12:10:00 PM

I have normal/dry lips. But in winter it gets quite dry, especially since I am working in an airconditioned environment.

I have tried a gazillion types of lip balm, you name it, petroleum jelly, vaseline, lip balms of various types but none has ever moisturized my lips properly or long enough.

During my time in Australia I noticed all the girls keep applying this to their lips. I understood later that it is a multipurpose ointment that can even treat burns and scars!

Bought it as it was very cheap and walla, it works perfectly to moisturize my lips. So honestly it is the best lip moisturizer I have ever tried. It not only moisturizes, but makes it look healthy and with no cracks, giving that natural moisturized look. If you wear it regularly I find that my lips look amazing.

If I get lazy and stop applying it, my lips will become super dry, and I need to apply it many times continuously for the first fifteen minutes or so , rubbing it gently and it will peel off the cracked layer (as you rub it continuously) and a beautiful fresh surface of lips will come up!

My brother also burnt his eyes on the stove once and I gave him this and it healed it pretty well.

Amazing product. fullstop.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's kinda national treasure of Australia.

I knew it from my Aussie friend when she used it as lip balm in the cold and dry winter in Beijing.

A few years ago since I moved to Australia, I noticed that every family has it for kids and for any problem with skin. It's the perfect treatment on blisters.

So cheap.

This is the best lip balm I've ever used, bar none.
I've been using only semi-matte and matte lipsticks for almost 5 years now, and we all know that they can suck the moisture out of lips and because of that, the texture and condition of lips can suffer. Not to worry, for this little baby takes care of my lips wonderfully! I slather my lips with this before I do my makeup, and when I'm ready to apply my lip color, I take a tissue and blot off the excess, and then carefully paint my lips. Nothing makes my lipsticks stay on like this elixir, and no chapping/flaking occurs!
I'm currently using the one in tube form, and there's still plenty of product left. It'll probably last me for another year! Will forever be repurchasing this. :)

on 7/8/2015 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Lucas' Papaw Ointment was such an anti-climax for my lips. Was I really using the same product that has been raved about? It is glorified petroleum jelly. I might as well have bought Vaseline for a fraction of the cost. Initially when I put some on my lips are moist and faintly tingly but not so long after they are dried out worse than before. Chronic application temporarily "solves" this.

The ointment has proven to perform better on the hands. It softens and protects working hands.

on 1/18/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ways I've used this product so far
1) Lipbalm - it's quite a thick paste when you squeeze it out of the tube, but it melts once it touches your lips and leaves a nice, non-sticky gloss.

2) Cuticle/hand cream - for hand cream, don't squeeze out too much, the amount equivalent to your pinky nail would do.

3) Cuts and scrapes - for wounds that are not deep and/or not bleeding profusely, I usually dab this on until I can find proper alcohol and bandaid

4) Zit-zapper - at night I dab it on an angry, red bump and wake up with the zit zapped.

This is the ONLY product that effectively keeps my lips from flaking right off in winter! If you're prone to super dry lips that flake, split and bleed in winter, then I'd recommend this!! It's a great multi-purpose ointment for anything from dry lips to cuts, scrapes, rash and dry feet/elbows/hands before bedtime. It has the texture of a thicker, denser petroleum jelly and is almost unscented to me. Will certainly continue to re-purchase. P.S I prefer the tube rather than the tub because it's more hygienic to use.

on 1/26/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Greasy, lots of claims that don't really make any sense as to why this is helpful for any of them... It's an ok balm but that's about it. It's not that expensive so it's not a complete waste, but I'd spend money elsewhere on a better product.

Popular Lip Treatments