Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by skin type : Combination
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 2/16/2019 6:04:00 PM

Uhm why didnt i discover this magical oinment sooner!!?!
Ive tried every damn lip balm, chapstick, lip conditioner, lip oils under the sun and this is the best feeling, smelling, comfort level, price, packaging, ingredients and everything else ive ever tried in my life. I want to buy 5 backups so i have it everywhere i go. In the car, next to my bed, in my office and just tape one on my leg if i have to. I used to love the mac lip conditioner until i tried this. Its emollient but isnt as watery texture as vaseline. It feels silky and smooth on the lips with no sticky feeling. Feels like nothing on the lips until i rub my lips together, i get a slippery glide between the lips. Also, it adds shine but not in a super glossy way. This is so nice and moisterizing/comfortable, also doesnt have an offensive smell. Its so good on cuts and burns also. Its a godsend. Get yourself a tube or 3, thank me later!

This made it to my top 10 beauty essentials!

on 1/6/2019 11:44:00 PM

Got this in the more hygienic 25g tube during a recent trip to Australia.
It's my second tube. The first was got also in Australia years ago.

I see this as 'slightly medicated Vaseline'.
It smells fruity and rather pleasant. My tube came sealed which is great to protect the product.

Currently using Papaw oilment to treat an open wound on my face from too zealous pimple popping.
Papaw oilment is largely composed of petroleum jelly and I read that petroleum jelly could be used to seal the surface of wounds so that the wound is kept moist and heals on its own. Keeping the wound moist also prevents the formation of scabs that are the precursors of scars. First time using Papaw for wounds. Hopefully it works and I don't get a scar from pimple popping.

Upon application of Papaw oilment on the fresh wound, the previous tingling pain from the wound stops. After 1 night of use (and covered with Papaw oilment infused plaster), I don't see scabs being formed yet and the wound looks less raw.

Hopefully this works. I have too many scars over the years from pimple popping on sensitive skin.

Regular Vaseline petroleum jelly might work too to seal the wound.
However, I'm going for Papaw oilment since it is advertised to contain pharmaceutical grade petroleum jelly, and I'm using it on my face.

on 12/11/2018 4:55:00 PM

Fantastic!The most moisturizing lip balm I have ever tried!Its longevity on the lips is also really good.

on 1/15/2018 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The best on the go product. Works for lip treatment, (diaper) rash, insect bites, allergy, dry skin, healing scars. It’s only officially available in Australia but I will get it wherever I live because this product is a staple for my life!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a tube of this on Amazon some time ago, and I've mainly used it as a cuticle treatment, but like Aquaphor, it has a plethora of uses. As a cuticle balm, it is very efficient. I don't really like cuticle oil, but I still like to put something on after I do my nails, so once my top coat has set, I slather this ointment on. I have dealt with terrible cuticles over the year due to drier skin on my hands which is compounded by dermotillomania focused largely on my cuticles. The more preventative steps I can take to protect them, including moisturizing, definitely helps on both counts. I have used this on chapped lips too, and it works well for that, though I didn't find getting it in my mouth too pleasant due to the texture. I am sure that once winter comes, i will find more uses for this product, but for now I am satisfied with the things I have used it for.

on 7/2/2017 2:22:00 AM

I use this as a deep-hydrating lip treatment before I go to bed. Also use it on any insect bites and skin rashes that form in one spot. After massaging copious amounts of this on itches, it usually stops itching almost immediately.

The only thing is that it's not readily available in my home country... so I bought 6 tubes when I went to NZ recently.

on 6/28/2017 7:47:00 PM

I admit that till today I'm extremely confused as to what I'm really supposed to be using this for. My cousin introduced it to me a couple of years ago. When I finally decided to get my hands on the smallest squeeze tube available, the first thing I tried was apply it to a small cut. After that, I tried it on my lips.

Seems quite like regular petroleum jelly or Vaseline to me, perhaps a little bit thicker and has a slight citrusy-scent (papaya, to be precise). Like how I use Vaseline, it does help soothe burns and cracked skin and if I had to choose between the two, they're both pretty much equal as I have no preference , and would use whichever is available at the time.

I live in Australia and everyone always has this and grew up using this. I mainly use it on lips and cuticles but once my legs were extremely dry and my standard moisturiser wasn't doing anything so I put this over my legs before bed and in the mornings a result to amazing though very soft and smooth but I only recommend you do it when your skins really dry and not a regular thing. It is very thick which can be uncomfortable but I love it

on 11/27/2016 11:36:00 PM

This stuff is the beez kneez, the ducks nuts and the cats pajamas. I think I've gone through about 3 tubes of this in the last 2 months. I use it for EVERYTHING. Allow me to elaborate:

-cuts
-chaffing
-bites
-dry lips,
-cold sores
-before I fake tan
-as lube (sorry just being honest)
-on my cat when he gets sores
-burns
-under my eyes when I have bags (not too much though, that might break you out)
-before & after shaving
-on rashes

The tube is a great travel size & I feel like every lady should have some of this stuff with them at all times. It has so many great uses & truly cures everything :)

on 11/6/2016 12:10:00 PM

I have normal/dry lips. But in winter it gets quite dry, especially since I am working in an airconditioned environment.

I have tried a gazillion types of lip balm, you name it, petroleum jelly, vaseline, lip balms of various types but none has ever moisturized my lips properly or long enough.

During my time in Australia I noticed all the girls keep applying this to their lips. I understood later that it is a multipurpose ointment that can even treat burns and scars!

Bought it as it was very cheap and walla, it works perfectly to moisturize my lips. So honestly it is the best lip moisturizer I have ever tried. It not only moisturizes, but makes it look healthy and with no cracks, giving that natural moisturized look. If you wear it regularly I find that my lips look amazing.

If I get lazy and stop applying it, my lips will become super dry, and I need to apply it many times continuously for the first fifteen minutes or so , rubbing it gently and it will peel off the cracked layer (as you rub it continuously) and a beautiful fresh surface of lips will come up!

My brother also burnt his eyes on the stove once and I gave him this and it healed it pretty well.

Amazing product. fullstop.