Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by skin type : Normal
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.6

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 11/4/2018 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has become the only lip balm my lips will tolerate. I recently tried the Nivea Hydro Care and even the Nuxe Reve De Miel, and both of them had my lips peeling within a couple of days. I switch back to this and they're soft and smooth again in no time. It's witchcraft in a tube. And it now owns my ass so I will obviously be repurchasing for the rest of my life.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

hi,
im 100% sure that the ingredients stated are wrong.
where did the list of ingredients come from?

on 4/4/2016 7:47:00 AM

This is the best lip ointment I've used, it's cheap, it lasts forever and is multi-purpose. So its honestly one of my favourite products. I have a large tub of it in my bathroom (I keep this mostly for medical purposes) but I have one of the small tubes in my handbag. I do prefer the tube with the direct applicator as I prefer lip balms where I don't need to use my fingers. On the rare occasion where I run out (or the more common occurrence where I lose it) I always repurchase, I've tried others but always end up back with this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have the most stupid chapped lips ever, this works! I know it's pretty much just Vaseline but...I've used regular Vaseline and this feels way more effective and doesn't just leave a dirty film there. Tastes pretty good too haha. It's a very verisatile product, Chapstick, brow tamer, hair tamer, burn healer etc. would highly recommend and it's cheap!

on 8/19/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've reviewed Paw Paw in other listings here so I've copied and pasted my review here.

It really is a cure all. I first learned about Paw Paw while working in the camping industry. My friends from Australia would always have it and whenever anyone had a cut or rash they would lend us some Paw Paw for it. It would clear it up in a few days for the more severe reactions. For bug bites and minor scratches it would work immediately. Itching would stop right away and blisters and bites would clear up within a day.

As a lip balm- it's great for severely dry lips, blisters and cuts. It soothes them immediately. Just beware that since it doesn't have SPF you may be prone to burning in the sun. Other than this, there really isn't any drawback to it.

Once, I was backpacking in Europe and got an awful blister on my foot. It was really really painful. Luckily, I was in a hostel room with some Aussie's so I sucked it up and asked if they had any Paw-Paw on them. Of course they did. They never go anywhere without it. When they saw my blister they lent me their extra tube for the rest of my trip! It cleared it up in about three days and I kept using it to keep from developing any more blisters. Best backpacking hookup ever!

For a while I had my friends send me Paw Paw or I'd order it in on Ebay. Now, I'm really grateful it's sold in the states (albeit at a markup) so I can have it all the time. I literally never leave home without it. It's in every purse, bag, drawer I have (in various sizes). I've turned my sister onto it too and she keeps it close by for my nephews bug bites and her own occasional bites and hives. I've even used it in my hair once or twice for the annoying fly away when I ran out of hair oil. If you can't Paw Paw it- then you are in trouble.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Fantastic product. I was a bit tired of using regular lip balm so I decided to try something different, boy am I glad I did. Within the first few days of using my lips started to be hydrated instead of having to constantly put of 10 layers of regular old lip balm. Within the first few weeks? My lips were Amazing with a capital A.

on 1/29/2015 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I originally bought this product to use on dry lips (thank you Melbourne winters!). It works a treat - no complaints here! I rate it highly as a no-frills lip balm.

As good as it was as a treatment for dry, chapped lips, the reason why I'm writing this review is because it has worked miracles on a different part of my body.

A few months ago, I developed really dry, flaky, red and itchy skin on my wedding ring finger. I suspect this was because I was wearing my wedding rings every day and not drying the skin thoroughly enough after I washed my hands so water, soap and gunk was getting trapped under my jewelry.

My husband suggested I go see the pharmacist who would most likely recommend a topical steroid cream. The night before I was going to go, I saw the Papaw ointment sitting there and I thought "Why not", and I had previously seen lots of posts about the numerous ways people have used this ointment on myriad skin problems with great success. So i rubbed a little bit on to the affected area on my finger and went to sleep.

The next morning, the difference was significant. My skin was about 3 shades lighter - no longer angry red but just a light pink. The flakiness had nearly disappeared. It did not itch at all. For the next couple of days, I had a break from wearing my wedding rings and applied the Papaw ointment after each time I washed and dried my hands and each night before bed. After three or four days of consistent application, I'd say the skin has completely recovered.

I will keep applying it to my finger for a little while longer just to maintain the results. So I'd highly recommend this product as a lip balm and as a soothing treatment for dry, flaky, itchy patches of skin!!

on 5/4/2014 6:56:00 AM

This product is a must have for everyone, it is really good value for the money that you pay and is super nourishing for your lips. I also use this on mosquito bites and it actually works!
I am not too keen on the smell of the product which would be my only complaint on it.
I have a few as I find them easy to lose and love to have it with me.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelsssss.blogspot.com

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is the BEST lip balm that exists today! Honestly, I'm not exaggerating when I say this ointment will heal even the most dry, cracked lips in a day or two. It is extremely popular in Australia, and I really hope it gets discovered internationally!
This formula can be used not only on lips, it works on cuts, burns, chafing, gravel rash and I've even used it to soothe a splinter. The look of it on lips is gorgeous, it gives a lovely moisturised-looking sheen, and brings out the natural colour of your lips. My HG lip product, I use this day and night, and my lips are always baby-skin soft. It's so affordable, I really recommend everyone gives it a go!

Popular Lip Treatments