Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.3

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The original, and the best.

I have a pot of this in the car. A tube in my handbag. Another tube in my daughter's epi-pack. Another tube in each of the other vehicles we have.

I take pots and tubes with me when I visit overseas relatives as THEY love it as much as I.

It contains NO nut oils or other ingredients. Just 100% pure fermented PawPaw/Papaya (with a minimal amount of Potassium Sorbate as preservative). This makes it the ONLY pawpaw product on the market that is suitable for my child who is anaphylactic to nuts (in ANY trace amounts).

The product is more viscous than petroleum jelly, but not as viscous as grease. It's perfect on chapped lips, as it is almost clear (a slight deep yellow colour). It has a VERY light and inoffensive scent, which is naturally fruity.

It's also really great on cuts and scrapes (although it doesn't soak into the skin and wipes off unless covered with a dressing).

on 6/21/2011 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's an Australian 'Vaseline' type product - take that as you will. It's nothing really outstanding, does the same jobs as Vaseline, I use it on my lips when they are dry and it's rather economical and available in most Pharmacies here in Australia. I'm seeking a more natural product for dry lips now as this product has Petrolatum in it and I don't like the idea of consuming that much as Doctors say this ingredient can build up in the body over time. :(

I don't see the full ingredients listed here so here they are :-

Active ingredients-
Carica Papaya, Glycerine

Full ingredients-
Fermented Fresh PawPaw Fruit, Rhus Succedanea Wax, Glycerine, Petrolatum, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate (0.1 mg/g).

on 4/28/2010 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find most of my friends use this as a lip balm but it is multipurpose really. I apply it all over my eyelid area (cos it gets very flaky from time to time) around the nose area where the red patches form as well as a lip balm. Now, I can totally understand why this is a staple in many of my friends' purse cos it does a wonderful job in terms of moisturizing.

The only setback of Lucas Papaw Ointment is probably the smell. It's not a foul smell or anything (not sure if that's how papaw smells like after being processed) but I generally dislike any sort of smell (apart from fruity scent) from my make up products. None of my friends have complaint about the smell, so I guess it's just me.

It comes in a tube and it is really convenient to carry it around in your purse. Best part is, you can use it for practically EVERYTHING.

Popular Lip Treatments