Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 9/17/2018 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm writing this review for the product in a 200g tub, and so I realize that my usual annoyance at products in tubs is 100% my own fault in this case, but I like having a lot of this stuff on hand!

I have a lot of issues finding lip balms/products/chapsticks that I like. Either I need to reapply them every ten minutes, or they just sort of make my hair stick to my mouth without doing much. This product has been a life saver! I can put a layer on along with the rest of my nightly skincare regime, and not need to reapply any kind of moisturizing lip product until the next night! It has a pleasant texture, a kind of browish/orange color that doesn't show when you're putting it on, and while it does leave a nice sheen, this is not a lip gloss. To mitigate my hatred of tub products, I usually apply this with a Q-tip. I've also applied it to my cuticles when they were looking worse for wear, little scabs/scars/burns (no open wounds, though, obviously), and on my elbows. It works just about everywhere!

on 1/15/2018 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The best on the go product. Works for lip treatment, (diaper) rash, insect bites, allergy, dry skin, healing scars. It’s only officially available in Australia but I will get it wherever I live because this product is a staple for my life!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has become the only lip balm my lips will tolerate. I recently tried the Nivea Hydro Care and even the Nuxe Reve De Miel, and both of them had my lips peeling within a couple of days. I switch back to this and they're soft and smooth again in no time. It's witchcraft in a tube. And it now owns my ass so I will obviously be repurchasing for the rest of my life.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a tube of this on Amazon some time ago, and I've mainly used it as a cuticle treatment, but like Aquaphor, it has a plethora of uses. As a cuticle balm, it is very efficient. I don't really like cuticle oil, but I still like to put something on after I do my nails, so once my top coat has set, I slather this ointment on. I have dealt with terrible cuticles over the year due to drier skin on my hands which is compounded by dermotillomania focused largely on my cuticles. The more preventative steps I can take to protect them, including moisturizing, definitely helps on both counts. I have used this on chapped lips too, and it works well for that, though I didn't find getting it in my mouth too pleasant due to the texture. I am sure that once winter comes, i will find more uses for this product, but for now I am satisfied with the things I have used it for.

on 7/2/2017 2:22:00 AM

I use this as a deep-hydrating lip treatment before I go to bed. Also use it on any insect bites and skin rashes that form in one spot. After massaging copious amounts of this on itches, it usually stops itching almost immediately.

The only thing is that it's not readily available in my home country... so I bought 6 tubes when I went to NZ recently.

on 11/6/2016 12:10:00 PM

I have normal/dry lips. But in winter it gets quite dry, especially since I am working in an airconditioned environment.

I have tried a gazillion types of lip balm, you name it, petroleum jelly, vaseline, lip balms of various types but none has ever moisturized my lips properly or long enough.

During my time in Australia I noticed all the girls keep applying this to their lips. I understood later that it is a multipurpose ointment that can even treat burns and scars!

Bought it as it was very cheap and walla, it works perfectly to moisturize my lips. So honestly it is the best lip moisturizer I have ever tried. It not only moisturizes, but makes it look healthy and with no cracks, giving that natural moisturized look. If you wear it regularly I find that my lips look amazing.

If I get lazy and stop applying it, my lips will become super dry, and I need to apply it many times continuously for the first fifteen minutes or so , rubbing it gently and it will peel off the cracked layer (as you rub it continuously) and a beautiful fresh surface of lips will come up!

My brother also burnt his eyes on the stove once and I gave him this and it healed it pretty well.

Amazing product. fullstop.

on 8/7/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great lip balm at a very affordable price and it's become one of those rare staple products for me that end up accumulating in multiple tubes in each of my purses. As someone with very dry lips, I've found that most lip balms are really just a temporary salve (pun absolutely intended), good at providing a bit of temporary lubrication but often leaving my lips more dried out in the long-term. Lucas Papaw is different - with sustained use, it actually improves the condition of your lips. So no only is it moisturising but it's also nourishing. Plus there's the fact that it's not a fussy product nor is it crazy expensive - not everything has to be luxe, you know? Especially not lip balm.

Aesthetically, this product is also a win. It has a really beautiful finish to it. I'm not a lip gloss person but this is the perfect non gloss gloss. It makes your lips look full, pouty and slightly swollen in a post-makeout session way. It's also a great pre-lipstick primer (just slick it on while you're doing your skincare routine and voila, perfectly moisturised lips ten minutes later).

One caveat - this can potentially clog up the pores around the mouth because it is a very thick, emollient balm. Personally, it's not a problem for me and I don't find it unpleasant or overly greasy in texture. But if your skin is easily congested around that area, be mindful about not rubbing your hands around your mouth and spreading it all over your chin and upper lip area.

Bottom line : what are you waiting for....go out and buy this product! It comes in a tub, a large squeeze tube and a smaller squeeze tube with a slanted horizontal applicator. The latter is my preferred version as the applicator is super convenient and eliminates the need to get your fingers greasy.

One last thing - be aware that the formula contains petroleum jelly as well as the fermented papaw fruit so it's not totally organic if that's something you really care about. Personally, I think it's worthwhile noting that petroleum jelly is unmatched as an occlusive (i.e it acts as a barrier, sealing in moisture and protecting your skin from the elements). If you have chapped lips, it's essential to use a balm which is occlusive and not just hydrating/emollient. Petroleum jelly works perfectly for that purpose so I have zero issues with its inclusion as an ingredient.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The original, and the best.

I have a pot of this in the car. A tube in my handbag. Another tube in my daughter's epi-pack. Another tube in each of the other vehicles we have.

I take pots and tubes with me when I visit overseas relatives as THEY love it as much as I.

It contains NO nut oils or other ingredients. Just 100% pure fermented PawPaw/Papaya (with a minimal amount of Potassium Sorbate as preservative). This makes it the ONLY pawpaw product on the market that is suitable for my child who is anaphylactic to nuts (in ANY trace amounts).

The product is more viscous than petroleum jelly, but not as viscous as grease. It's perfect on chapped lips, as it is almost clear (a slight deep yellow colour). It has a VERY light and inoffensive scent, which is naturally fruity.

It's also really great on cuts and scrapes (although it doesn't soak into the skin and wipes off unless covered with a dressing).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have the most stupid chapped lips ever, this works! I know it's pretty much just Vaseline but...I've used regular Vaseline and this feels way more effective and doesn't just leave a dirty film there. Tastes pretty good too haha. It's a very verisatile product, Chapstick, brow tamer, hair tamer, burn healer etc. would highly recommend and it's cheap!

on 8/31/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this is an australian staple. pretty much every australian person has a tube or a tub of this. i take it everywhere. not only is it an excellent lip balm, it's a soothing antibacterial ointment and is also great for its intended purpose - treating surface wounds and irritations. i've used it for:
- helping tattoos heal
- soothing and moisturising minor burns
- calming irritation around my nose from the constant nose-blowing that comes with colds

basically, it's a necessity in my life and i will always repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments